Moses Simon Rejects Leeds Utd Move.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Moses Simon Rejects Leeds Utd Move.......

Post by olu »

Bielsa is highly regarded in football circles as a great tactician, and has a reputation as a disciplined no-nonsense coach. Simon may benefit from working with him. I wasn't happy with how he treated Enyeama at Lille though. Undecided on whether Leeds would be a good fit for Simon.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

After what happened to Etebo at Stoke, it's risky to leave a club doing well in Lige 1 to lower division side in England.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Rawlings wrote:Fabu

Why do u even bother to come here? Never seen a positive contribution from you, just kenke induced ramblings one after the other. :laugh:
Just have compassion on him, it mirrors the misery his life appears to be. It is one thing to troll on a couple of threads but to spend all his life trolling on CE, something is wrong with him, he needs compassion.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Etebo and Stoke on my mind as I read this.

Vastly different scenarios.

Simon, if the story is credible, has a chance to join a club, one of the greats of the English game, on the cusp of a revival, with backing from Arab money. Plus they have one of the great thinkers in the game as a coach.

Its a choice between the potential for long term benefits and holding to what one has...
Txj,

There are important similarities and one HUGE one is the Championship Division. That is where the scenario is starkly similar.

Well, it was the same coach last season and the team failed at the last moments. I do not question his pedigree, as a matter of fact I have respected him over the years but that has nothing to do with anything IMHO as per Simon's decision. Let's hope it is different for Bielsa and Leeds this time around. The history of the club matters little. There are other English clubs with great history languishing outside the Premier League at the moment.

The fact of the matter is that it is a gamble. Leeds could make it back to the elite level and it would be great if the lad had joined them in the process. They could also fail and many will raise the same issues that were raised as per Etebo.
Comon dude! Of course we know both clubs are in the championship; why state the obvious? :biggrin:

Anyways, you are right there are similar historically great clubs languishing, but the differentiating factor that I cited is the planned infusion of new money by the owners of PSG. That is certainly a game changer; no?

Most of life's endeavors involves a gamble...
Txj,

I do not dispute money being a game changer or even Bielsa's capability. Not at all.

My point is simple -- that there is a key similarity between the two. You note that the similarity is obvious and that is just the point. Nothing else to add really.
Some points are so obvious it offers nothing to the discussion to highlight them tbh

And the difference I was pointing at is the background info against which both players have to make decisions or their options assessed.

Sorry, I don't believe in stating the obvious...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don’t under why a lot CE fans want our strikers to play in the EPL as players before them have shown is not a place they have recorded considerable success.

Kanu was forever a sub for Arsenal, while Finidi,Brown, Musa were failures. Martins, Amo won a cup but Amo was constantly on the bench. Ighalo had one good season before being constantly on the bench. If a Nigerian footballer doesn’t go to a club that plays football on the ground they are in danger of not fitting in and languishing on the bench. Rejecting Leeds is the correct decision by Simon.

Nigerian footballers are better suited to Spanish, Italian and French leagues.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leeds have a reputation for choking.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Flex Swift wrote:I don’t under why a lot CE fans want our strikers to play in the EPL as players before them have shown is not a place they have recorded considerable success.

Kanu was forever a sub for Arsenal, while Finidi,Brown, Musa were failures. Martins, Amo won a cup but Amo was constantly on the bench. Ighalo had one good season before being constantly on the bench. If a Nigerian footballer doesn’t go to a club that plays football on the ground they are in danger of not fitting in and languishing on the bench. Rejecting Leeds is the correct decision by Simon.

Nigerian footballers are better suited to Spanish, Italian and French leagues.
don't mind them, they are mostly UK CEs....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved