England Tracking Saka

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

heavyd
Egg
Egg
England Tracking Saka

Post by heavyd »

We can kiss goodbye to Saka. I knew they will be on to him like a flash.
Gareth Southgate to assess young trio of Mason Greenwood, Phil Foden and Bukayo Saka during FA Cup semi-finals with England boss set to attend his first matches since lockdown

England manager Gareth Southgate will assess Mason Greenwood, Phil Foden and Bukayo Saka in next weekend's FA Cup semi-finals when he attends his first matches since the lockdown began in March.

Southgate has stayed away from all Premier League matches since the restart due to restrictions on the number of people permitted inside the sterile areas at stadiums, but has been told by the FA that he is welcome at next weekend's semi-finals between Manchester United and Chelsea, and Manchester City and Arsenal.

Southgate has been watching his England players on TV at home in North Yorkshire, but is expected to travel to Wembley next weekend to assess the performances of several of his squad as he steps up preparations for September's UEFA Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark.

Southgate has been happy to monitor games remotely, with the Premier League limiting the attendance of scouts and future opposition managers at matches, but the size of Wembley and the fact that it falls outside the jurisdiction of the top flight's match-day protocols has given him the opportunity to return.

The 49-year-old is conscious that his squad for next year's European Championship could be very different to the party he had been planning to name had the tournament taken place as scheduled this summer, and he is eager to become closely acquainted with the developing talent.

Greenwood's outstanding debut season for United, in which he has scored 15 goals, including three in his last two matches, has piqued Southgate's interest, as has the quick progress made by Saka, 18, at Arsenal.

Foden, 20, was already in Southgate's plans and, given the manager's preference for youth, all three could be named in September's squad.

While he has spoken to several England players over recent months, Southgate has no plans to address them as a squad until September, by which time it will be 10 months since their last meeting.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... inals.html
YNWA
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: England Tracking Saka

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys too dey make person laugh.

If Saka plays for England, IT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND! Its not because he was tracked, or toasted, or they cajoled or whatever word we'd like to use. IT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS ENGLAND!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

It's not just today, If you listen to 5 live you'd have picked this up too. I doubt he can resist England. lol I know I wouldn't :D . England opens doors and develops the potentials you have to achieve your goals. If you are very good, the sky is the limit.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He's theirs. He'll partner Eze, Abraham and Tomori at the next world cup.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

DIMKA76 wrote:It's not just today, If you listen to 5 live you'd have picked this up too. I doubt he can resist England. lol I know I wouldn't :D . England opens doors and develops the potentials you have to achieve your goals. If you are very good, the sky is the limit.
Thats fair. And frankly, its unfair for me to say my position when I am not in the same shoes. However, the love and passion I have for the Super Eagles will mean I can never wear another shirt. Thats not even an option.

George Weah played for Liberia for a reason.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He's theirs. He'll partner Eze, Abraham and Tomori at the next world cup.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Make dem take Greenwood leave Saka for us na.
I am happy
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If Saka plays for England, IT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND! Its not because he was tracked, or toasted, or they cajoled or whatever word we'd like to use. IT IS BECAUSE HE WANTS ENGLAND!
Exactly!! I personally could care less if Saka plays for England.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

DIMKA76 wrote:It's not just today, If you listen to 5 live you'd have picked this up too. I doubt he can resist England. lol I know I wouldn't :D . England opens doors and develops the potentials you have to achieve your goals. If you are very good, the sky is the limit.

So you would rather play for England instead of Nigeria? :?
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He's theirs. He'll partner Eze, Abraham and Tomori at the next world cup.

Your royal daftness its not by force to post on CE. You can do other things like exercise your brain. I know you have not used that muscle/organ since you were spawned and hatched in an unnamed gutter some 50years ago..
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys can hype average players sha. I will take Iwobi over that saka anyday. Unless you guys have secret tapes of him that we haven't seen.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:You guys can hype average players sha. I will take Iwobi over that saka anyday. Unless you guys have secret tapes of him that we haven't seen.
Don't mind them...of late they've started abusing iwobi... this is some who chose Nigeria right from the start, but they cry over overrated none entities like saka, tomori and that tanmy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Thats fair. And frankly, its unfair for me to say my position when I am not in the same shoes. However, the love and passion I have for the Super Eagles will mean I can never wear another shirt. Thats not even an option.

George Weah played for Liberia for a reason.
Chief, when you were 18 years old and your family and mentors pressured you to go to university, you succumbed kicking and screaming becos you eventually realised you had no choice.
And that is why as soon as you graduated you returned to your true love of danfo driving.
And the rest is history. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

But seriously, at 18, not too many of us know exactly what we want or where we are going. And those that do, have little say if our Nigerian parents have other ideas.
My story is no different. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I will let them have all the other three in exchange for Ebere.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

True he’s not even being tracked they obviously knew about him when he played for England under 16 up until their under-19 team, it’s nothing to cry about.The only way Saka won’t get capped for England’s senior team is if they don’t want him, if Saka didn’t want to play England he would have filed a FIFA to switch to Nigeria which he hasn’t done.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

:rotf: They'll cap him and Possibly bring him along but Tomori nope,Abraham Possibly bench and Eze better leave QPR if he wants to sit on the bench in a friendly.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
But seriously, at 18, not too many of us know exactly what we want or where we are going. And those that do, have little say if our Nigerian parents have other ideas.
I cant agree with you. This one is such a different issue. Representing your country is such a passionate issue. If Saka's parents love England so much, the same way Iorfa's stup1d father loved England and hated us, and they push him towards England.... He will only accept it if HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND.

This is not like selecting a school choice or selecting a course at University. This is love! Passion! Putting on a shirt you have revered for 18 years of your life. Its very different.

Again, if Saka loves England, he will play for them. If he loves Nigeria, he will play for us.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

England with all the super star kids, yet they still won't win sh*t anytime soon.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
1naija wrote:You guys can hype average players sha. I will take Iwobi over that saka anyday. Unless you guys have secret tapes of him that we haven't seen.
Don't mind them...of late they've started abusing iwobi... this is some who chose Nigeria right from the start, but they cry over overrated none entities like saka, tomori and that tanmy
:rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:England with all the super star kids, yet they still won't win sh*t anytime soon.

They loaded in attack but still have issues in defence but they're still a top 4 team in Europe.
OCCUPY NFF!!
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I cant agree with you. This one is such a different issue. Representing your country is such a passionate issue. If Saka's parents love England so much, the same way Iorfa's stup1d father loved England and hated us, and they push him towards England.... He will only accept it if HE WANTS TO PLAY FOR ENGLAND.

This is not like selecting a school choice or selecting a course at University. This is love! Passion! Putting on a shirt you have revered for 18 years of your life. Its very different.

Again, if Saka loves England, he will play for them. If he loves Nigeria, he will play for us.
It will be difficult to turn down England for Nigeria. You have to be very strong willed and stubborn to say no when the FA, your Agent, Club, Manager and sponsors are all pressurising you to go one way.

Other elements come into play like if due to the squad setup there seems to be a clear pathway to get into the team. It is interesting that all 3 players mentioned are naturally left-footed. Saka's versatility and ability to play wingback and right sided forward could place him at an advantage to possibly seal a permanent spot in the England squad.

Competition on the left Back/wingback position are Ben Chillwell and Luke Shaw while in the forward positions he has Mason Greenwood and Foden as natural left footed forwards playing on the Right but neither of them seemingly have the ability to play wingback.
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

heavyd wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:

It will be difficult to turn down England for Nigeria. You have to be very strong willed and stubborn to say no when the FA, your Agent, Club, Manager and sponsors are all pressurising you to go one way.

Other elements come into play like if due to the squad setup there seems to be a clear pathway to get into the team. It is interesting that all 3 players mentioned are naturally left-footed. Saka's versatility and ability to play wingback and right sided forward could place him at an advantage to possibly seal a permanent spot in the England squad.

Competition on the left Back/wingback position are Ben Chillwell and Luke Shaw while in the forward positions he has Mason Greenwood and Foden as natural left footed forwards playing on the Right but neither of them seemingly have the ability to play wingback.
This is exactly like picking a school for majority of players, its about their career and which choice will enhance it. Its not like Nigeria will take care of you b/c you decided to go with them, you will still be discarded when you are of no use and no one will give you any special treatment. Whereas with England you are well cared for, your profile increases the more caps you get, your salary and career opportunities also follow suit. I can be passionate about Nigeria while still making the best choice for my career and protecting my future after what is such a short footballing career in the grand scheme of things. No one should be taking these decisions personally or questioning someone's love for the country of Nigeria because of it. My issue with these situations is when players use the threat of suiting up for Nigeria as a way to lure their main interest (England or whoever) to cap them ASAP (ie. Abraham), just be upfront like hey I'm waiting for England if it doesn't happen by this date then come holler at me again and we can talk.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

guess what Chelsea is about to send tomatoes out on Loan... next is the pathetic tammy, who we all know hung out with that huspuppy...that tomatoes and tammy were all partying with hushpuppy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seqsuVVpMhU[/video]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved