AFCON 2021 MOVED UP TO JANUARY!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: AFCON 2021 MOVED UP TO JANUARY!

Post by folem »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:They disrespected our Afcon by hosting the 24 Club World Club cup a few days after the Afcon, it’s only right to do whatever suits us after all they (FIFA) have no respect for Africans and Africa!
hmm, interesting
Quite interesting. :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA talking to CAF about Afcon

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
txj wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
01bakana wrote:some of you have been in obodo oyibo for too long, smh, drainage and African rain. God help anyone who wants to play football in a tropical thunder storm.
Some Africans don’t believe in innovation, even Tanzania have a national stadium with a roof that opens and closes, if they need help put the Chinese to use they are not hanging around for nothing!So you want this to carry on for the next 50 years and carry on making excuses about not learning how to deal with your own natural environment, Africans need pioneers and need to make simple changes and think a little you get what you pay for!
Hosting tournaments is a chance to leave a legacy, why carry on building cheap stadiums that are left for goats to graze in when you can have a long term home for sport?It’s not as if these useless governments invest in their people’s well being anyway so if the people need something to clap about and take their minds off the outright no nonsense they witness daily why not?
Why must Africa keep doing things just for the benefit of foreigners? How innovative or appropriate do you think it is for some of the poorest nations in the world to spend billions of dollars on stadiums with retractable roofs when 90% of their population will continue to starve to death, all for the convenience and pleasure of white massa❓ Let’s use our heads for once❗️

Cheers.

How can building infrastructure be to the benefit of foreigners? I don't understand the logic.

If football can be played in the winter, snow and frozen pitches and all, we really have no excuse...
You really need me to spell it out for you? OK. The type of infrastructure you’re talking about, if built, will be built only to accommodate foreigners who don’t want the CAN taking place in January. It is not to our advantage in any way to build stadiums with retractable roofs when we can’t afford to feed our population so yes, such infrastructure would be solely for the benefit of foreigners❗️

Cheers.
I take it then that it is those foreigners who will use the infrastructure and own it? They will travel from all over Europe to use this infrastructure?

You should read what you wrote above to fully appreciate the enormity of its stupidity!

Building a stadium with retractable roof is not the reason African countries cannot feed their populations. Even without such stadia as is currently the case, the same countries cannot feed their populations!
Txj,

Let me understand your point here: Africa should build retractable roof stadia to play in unsuitable weather to satisfy Europe's dictates. Wow. Have you asked why Europe has not chosen to play Euro in the winter by building those retractable roofs. After all they have stronger economies, do they not. Instead it is Africa that should buold the retractable roofs. Na wao! I certainly would not want you to represent Africa's interest in a global meeting anytime soon.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
txj wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
01bakana wrote:some of you have been in obodo oyibo for too long, smh, drainage and African rain. God help anyone who wants to play football in a tropical thunder storm.
Some Africans don’t believe in innovation, even Tanzania have a national stadium with a roof that opens and closes, if they need help put the Chinese to use they are not hanging around for nothing!So you want this to carry on for the next 50 years and carry on making excuses about not learning how to deal with your own natural environment, Africans need pioneers and need to make simple changes and think a little you get what you pay for!
Hosting tournaments is a chance to leave a legacy, why carry on building cheap stadiums that are left for goats to graze in when you can have a long term home for sport?It’s not as if these useless governments invest in their people’s well being anyway so if the people need something to clap about and take their minds off the outright no nonsense they witness daily why not?
Why must Africa keep doing things just for the benefit of foreigners? How innovative or appropriate do you think it is for some of the poorest nations in the world to spend billions of dollars on stadiums with retractable roofs when 90% of their population will continue to starve to death, all for the convenience and pleasure of white massa❓ Let’s use our heads for once❗️

Cheers.

How can building infrastructure be to the benefit of foreigners? I don't understand the logic.

If football can be played in the winter, snow and frozen pitches and all, we really have no excuse...
You really need me to spell it out for you? OK. The type of infrastructure you’re talking about, if built, will be built only to accommodate foreigners who don’t want the CAN taking place in January. It is not to our advantage in any way to build stadiums with retractable roofs when we can’t afford to feed our population so yes, such infrastructure would be solely for the benefit of foreigners❗️

Cheers.
I take it then that it is those foreigners who will use the infrastructure and own it? They will travel from all over Europe to use this infrastructure?

You should read what you wrote above to fully appreciate the enormity of its stupidity!

Building a stadium with retractable roof is not the reason African countries cannot feed their populations. Even without such stadia as is currently the case, the same countries cannot feed their populations!
Txj,

Let me understand your point here: Africa should build retractable roof stadia to play in unsuitable weather to satisfy Europe's dictates. Wow. Have you asked why Europe has not chosen to play Euro in the winter by building those retractable roofs. After all they have stronger economies, do they not. Instead it is Africa that should buold the retractable roofs. Na wao! I certainly would not want you to represent Africa's interest in a global meeting anytime soon.

Your level of understanding here is stunning to say the least. But let me repeat myself:

The suggestion from me is not for Africa to "build retractable roofs", but for Africa to upgrade its infrastructure, which may or may NOT include retractable roofs, in order to address adverse weather conditions, in the same manner as clubs in Europe/US have heating infrastructures for the winter.

There are many ways to use modern infrastructures to address the challenges of the weather besides "retractable roofs".

Jeeze!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I think they should leave the number as is and keep it at two year intervals. However, they should increase the teams to 32 if they want to make it four years.

I've always been if the opinion it should be held in the summer. It will force countries to upgrade their facilities. Summit moving to January cos of weather is a cop out. That move negatively impacts our foreign (Euro) based players whether we want to admit it or not. That's where the big money is so their opinion also matters. Also, it makes sense to sync the tournament with the global football calendar.

I was happy they moved it to odd years as I had previously suggested. Playing in the summer (of odd years) means it has very little competition for attention and this could attract more revenue from the added viewership.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I actually like having it in January just to listen to the butthurt Europeans whine about it for an entire month. Plus their whining actually turns into indirect PR for the AFCON and makes more people aware of it. :D
theYemster wrote:I think they should leave the number as is and keep it at two year intervals. However, they should increase the teams to 32 if they want to make it four years.

I've always been if the opinion it should be held in the summer. It will force countries to upgrade their facilities. Summit moving to January cos of weather is a cop out. That move negatively impacts our foreign (Euro) based players whether we want to admit it or not. That's where the big money is so their opinion also matters. Also, it makes sense to sync the tournament with the global football calendar.

I was happy they moved it to odd years as I had previously suggested. Playing in the summer (of odd years) means it has very little competition for attention and this could attract more revenue from the added viewership.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

pajimoh wrote:The biennial competition is good enough. The 4 year gap will not develop our football. We don't play that much friendly as the European or South Americans.
Inactivity will not be good for African teams and rankings.
Just my own kobo
Pajimoh making too much sense. What happened to you today? :shock:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!