Cyriel Dessers | Goals, skills and Assist madness poacher

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
Cyriel Dessers | Goals, skills and Assist madness poacher

Post by Jmal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cyriel Dessers | Goals, skills and Assist madness poache

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Can’t believe I’m typing this but the battle between Dessers and Osihmen for the Top striker position will be epic. This boy is a 2 footed striker that can do it all,it’ll be a blessing for us if he can play behind Osihmen in a 442 or 4231, Nigerians will love this boy! His game is 100% Niaja. Pace,Power and skill.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Can’t believe I’m typing this but the battle between Dessers and Osihmen for the Top striker position will be epic. This boy is a 2 footed striker that can do it all,it’ll be a blessing for us if he can play behind Osihmen in a 442 or 4231, Nigerians will love this boy! His game is 100% Niaja. Pace,Power and skill.

:biggrin:

Me neither
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

My fear is that he replaces Osihmen, who's the favored striker.
As per support striker, no one is better than Nacho.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:My fear is that he replaces Osihmen, who's the favored striker.
As per support striker, no one is better than Nacho.
Why the fear?
Sentiment?
If he displaces Osimhen, it means he merits it.
That's competition
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I just rewatched the Ukraine match and Osimehn was IMMENSE. He did everything you want in a centre forward.

Pressed defenders
Ran on to many through balls
Won aerial balls
Held up ball and brought in teammates

He got behind the defence with his pace on many occasions. I just learned yesterday that he is Ligue 1 fastest player along with Mbappe.

I seriously doubt Dessers has a higher ceiling.

It may be that for the moment he is more refined, a better finisher, better positioning, but we shall see, it will be to our advantage, and again I think we should seriously consider 442 especially against smaller teams in Africa who will sit back.

To me Osimehns biggest weakness is his inability to position himself into space, (goal scoring positions) when the team is not counter attacking. I've watched him quite a bit and this is where he needs to improve.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

How fast is Dessers I wonder ?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The striking thing about him. From the video is that he is deadly with both feet. Initially when he took those volleys with his left foot, I thought he was left footed until the penalty came which he took with his right, thus confirming he is right footed. It means he is very good with both as he appears to be able to shift the ball either side since he has no preferred foot. As defender you try to force a player to his weaker foot, he won't be having those kind of limitations.

But I won't get carried away with YouTube. I will like to see him in 90 minutes.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:The striking thing about him. From the video is that he is deadly with both feet. Initially when he took those volleys with his left foot, I thought he was left footed until the penalty came which he took with his right, thus confirming he is right footed. It means he is very good with both as he appears to be able to shift the ball either side since he has no preferred foot. As defender you try to force a player to his weaker foot, he won't be having those kind of limitations.

But I won't get carried away with YouTube. I will like to see him in 90 minutes.
Oloye,

Besides his ability to use both feet, what sticks out is his use of his body to create space and how calm and focused he is in the box (Iheanacho-like).
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

He actually reminds me of Amokachi, with a bit more finesse and composure in the box. He's got great upper body strenght and should be able to rough it up with center backs.

Also, I think with the current crop of Centerbacks, as well as other's currently being sourced by Nigeria (namely Adarabioyo and Felix Udokhai), we should have the latitude to play 3-5-2 successfully, thereby allowing us to use both Osimhen and Dessers upfront.
Enugu II wrote:
oloye wrote:The striking thing about him. From the video is that he is deadly with both feet. Initially when he took those volleys with his left foot, I thought he was left footed until the penalty came which he took with his right, thus confirming he is right footed. It means he is very good with both as he appears to be able to shift the ball either side since he has no preferred foot. As defender you try to force a player to his weaker foot, he won't be having those kind of limitations.

Oloye,

Besides his ability to use both feet, what sticks out is his use of his body to create space and how calm and focused he is in the box (Iheanacho-like).