CHUKWUEZE HANGS!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
CHUKWUEZE HANGS!

Post by Gotti »

Dribbles through the Girona defense a la Messi to hang... :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHUKWUEZE HANGS!

Post by Gotti »

75th minute...
Girona 0 vs Villareal 3
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

3-0 full-time...
Villareal advances to Round of 16 of Copa del Rey.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Very involved in Cazorla's goal too... I'd call that an assist
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The boy is good :clap:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

obaGol wrote:
Thanks! You are a good guy :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Magical feet!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Good job! Keep it up young man, keep improving your decisiveness and effectiveness.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Herr Jurgen Klopp, what are you waiting for?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Goldleaf wrote:Herr Jurgen Klopp, what are you waiting for?
More like what is Chelsea waiting for.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I wonder why he's now coming off the bench
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote:I wonder why he's now coming off the bench
Yea this season he hasn't hit last seasons' heights, why I said he should keep working and improving. Some are saying he should go to this big team or that big team and he's not even a sure starter for the small team that he's at, and these types of plays/goals are few and far between...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:
Yea this season he hasn't hit last seasons' heights, why I said he should keep working and improving. Some are saying he should go to this big team or that big team and he's not even a sure starter for the small team that he's at, and these types of plays/goals are few and far between...
While I agree with you, have you wondered if the system Villarreal uses doesn't really bring out the best in Chukwueze? he seems to play the same position every game in what seems to be an inflexible tactical formation from the coach (I don't watch a lot of LA Liga games, so my knowledge of his club is perhaps limited)... but maybe a move to a club in the premier league where the style of football might suit him better (fast paced, more flexible) seems plausible.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Hello transfer period. No need risking him when they know they will make money from selling him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Hello transfer period. No need risking him when they know they will make money from selling him.
Transfer period from beginning of the season? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:
What is MACE and UGBOWO yarning about... :shock: :lol:

First, there's this thing known as squad rotation...
Nonetheless, Samu started 7 of the previous 8 games before yesterday's.

The only other game he did not start during that period was another (a first-round) Copa Del Rey game against Fourth-tier (Tercera Division) Comillas, and of course many clubs rest their best players for early round cup games against nominally weaker opposition. Naija peeps, always looking for negatives. Haba!!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

The only other game he did not start during that period was another (a first-round) Copa Del Rey game against Fourth-tier (Tercera Division) Comillas, and of course many clubs rest their best players for early round cup games against nominally weaker opposition. Naija peeps, always looking for negatives. Haba!!
Oga Gotti, stats are readily available at https://www.transfermarkt.us/samu-chukw ... ler/401922. You can see he starts about 60% of their games down from 67%last season started 19 out of 28 last season, this season so far 12 out of 20. This is a stat where a young player should be trending up not down esp not at a small club.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Oga Gotti, stats are readily available at https://www.transfermarkt.us/samu-chukw ... ler/401922. You can see he starts about 60% of their games down from 67%last season started 19 out of 28 last season, this season so far 12 out of 20. This is a stat where a young player should be trending up not down esp not at a small club.
12 out of 20 sure... but he’s started 7 out of the last 8. He did not start this game because it was a cup game.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are legitimately responding to a number brother, Maceo4??!! :rotf: :rotf: LIke I said 10 years ago, you read Maceo's post with derision. nothing more.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

12 out of 20 sure... but he’s started 7 out of the last 8. He did not start this game because it was a cup game.
That’s a good and welcomed trend and that’s why I said he should keep it up. My point was on his overall season, the stats are there, he should be getting to the point of being a sure starter on this team esp. if he’s looking to get to the next level, abi you no gree?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Oga Maceo, but the question was “why he is NOW coming off the bench” (emphasis added)...
When in reality he is NOW a regular starter - and again started yesterday’s game vs Alves (played entire game).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:

Oga Maceo, but the question was “why he is NOW coming off the bench” (emphasis added)...
When in reality he is NOW a regular starter - and again started yesterday’s game vs Alves (played entire game).
Oh gotcha, my response was in general not just about Now, that’s why I said from the beginning of the season. It’s something I’ve been tracking since beginning of the season wondering what is up. That said the current trend is good for our boy and long may it continue esp so he can make the step up to the next level, he needs to be playing consistently and doing his thing week in week out.
Super Eagus 4 Life!