Looku dumps England for SE.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Looku dumps England for SE.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... o-nigeria/

He never had a prayer of playing for England so he didn’t lose anything. Is he good enough for our SE ?
Abi he just wants to carry us shine. I don’t see him playing ahead o Iwobi in the AM position or ahead of Chukwueze, Moses, and kalu on the wings. He needs to first start playing regularly for Leipzig.

Anyway sha........ welcome to SE .
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Looku dumps England for SE.

Post by Tobi17 »

Lookman is definitely a good option for us especially in depth... despite his form, he's still a good player. He's wasting his time at Leipzig, it's obvious the coach doesn't rate him... whatever happened to his purported move to Newcastle?

And who are the other two Anglo-Naijas that are in line for a switch?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... o-nigeria/

He never has a prayer of playing for England so he didn’t lose anything. Is he good enough for our SE ?
Abi he just wants to carry us shine. I don’t see him playing ahead o Iwobi in the AM position or ahead of Chukwueze, Moses, and kalu on the wings. He needs to first start playing regularly for Leipzig.

He still needs to prove he is good enough for an invitation.
'Switching alliances" guarantees nothing.

“All the players were told that they can only earn a place in the squad by playing regular club football.”
...and hitting the grade. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Everton delayed his progress badly by taking him off RBL a season ago when he was doing really well. I hope he gets back to his form...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Wonder what took the little brother so long.
He was never going to get a serious look with England. They just wanted to make sure they had first dibs,...the *kindpeople*!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Lookman is definitely a good option for us especially in depth... despite his form, he's still a good player. He's wasting his time at Leipzig, it's obvious the coach doesn't rate him... whatever happened to his purported move to Newcastle?

Eze and Ejaria.
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Lookman is definitely a good option for us especially in depth... despite his form, he's still a good player. He's wasting his time at Leipzig, it's obvious the coach doesn't rate him... whatever happened to his purported move to Newcastle?

Eze and Ejaria.

Eze :shock:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... o-nigeria/

He never has a prayer of playing for England so he didn’t lose anything. Is he good enough for our SE ?

The highlighted is true as seems to be the case for all others. I have noted this is what seems logical and that is fine. It is still a good thing because if this kid gets back to what he can be then England would certainly FEEL A LOSS. That is what will matter, eventually.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The headline should rather be

Naija accepts England's Trash
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rawlings wrote:The headline should rather be

Naija accepts England's Trash
Unfortunately, all of England's trash that we've accepted are far better than the best of the Bleak stars.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Why could it take 18 months to process the switch? Why not 24 hrs? Can a player change his mind during the process? If not, can he just start now in lieu of the process completion?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

felarey wrote:Why could it take 18 months to process the switch? Why not 24 hrs? Can a player change his mind during the process? If not, can he just start now in lieu of the process completion?
TBH, I don't think the process should be allowed. Looku's loyalty had always been with England until it became apparent to him that he wasn't going to get a call from them anytime soon so he's now a Nigerian. I think ''tis undermines the purpose of a national team. If players can change nationalities then what is the point?
OCCUPY NFF!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
felarey wrote:Why could it take 18 months to process the switch? Why not 24 hrs? Can a player change his mind during the process? If not, can he just start now in lieu of the process completion?
TBH, I don't think the process should be allowed. Looku's loyalty had always been with England until it became apparent to him that he wasn't going to get a call from them anytime soon so he's now a Nigerian. I think ''tis undermines the purpose of a national team. If players can change nationalities then what is the point?
But he's not changing nationality, he's got two nationalities and hasn't represented any at senior level. I think it's a good rule Fifa has to allow the switch.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

He is not 'changing' nationalities nor is he changing eligibilities. He is simply changing focus
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He has been Nigerian since birth.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

When did he play for the England full National team?He may have thought he was an England international in the making but England obviously didn’t see it that way so it’s now up to him and Nigeria and Nigeria don’t need to cap him!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

aruako1 wrote:
He has been Nigerian since birth.
Nigerian since birth
England till death
Naija Called
Lookman Stalled
England Snub
Naija Dub

Note: Dub also means raise (someone) to knighthood
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

What’s the rush,he wasn’t too keen on playing for Nigeria when he thought he had a shout for England and Nigeria weren’t even aware of what they had already during the Afcon (Oshimen),Lookman might still have a chance to play for England at the 2020 Euros so let him wait!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
What’s the rush,he wasn’t too keen on playing for Nigeria when he thought he had a shout for England and Nigeria weren’t even aware of what they had already during the Afcon (Oshimen),Lookman might still have a chance to play for England at the 2020 Euros so let him wait!
There are very few Naija patriots on SE
You are one of them
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:

The reality is that Lookman has not done anything unusual in terms of the process in deciding to play for Nigeria. Tammy would have done the same if Engkand did not come calling. As I have repeatedly stated Nigeria just will not be the first choice for most of these kids.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i did send him an IG message a while back to choose the SE, ( he visited Nigeria a lot during the last summer) seems he accepted my request... more blessing to the new SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Rawlings wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
There are very few Naija patriots on SE
You are one of them
It’s an honour sir!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

The reality is that Lookman has not done anything unusual in terms of the process in deciding to play for Nigeria. Tammy would have done the same if Engkand did not come calling. As I have repeatedly stated Nigeria just will not be the first choice for most of these kids.
I totally agree but that doesn’t take away from the fact that there should be no rush for him!Its got nothing to do with his past decision and the fact that it never came the fruition it’s just that there’s no genuine need for the boy,Josh Maja has had a better season than him so far and I’m sure you’ll find others that where never confused about what national team they wanted to play for and wouldn’t even be mentioned unless they where capped by an England youth team and happen to have a Nigerian surname!