Babayaro Criticizes Rodgers for Rushing Ndidi Back....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Babayaro Criticizes Rodgers for Rushing Ndidi Back....

Post by Enugu II »

Babayaro Unhappy With Leicester City For Rushing Ndidi Back From Injury
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/01/ ... om-injury/
January 23, 2020085

Former Chelsea and Super Eagles legend Celestine Babayaro has taken a swipe at Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers for rushing Wilfred Ndidi back to action after undergoing knee surgery three weeks ago.

Ndidi was originally expected to be sidelined till the first week of February but yesterday he played over an hour for Leicester City in their 4-1 win over West Ham coming on as a 34th minute substitute for the injured Papy Mendy.

After the game Rodgers defended his decision to play the 23 year old, three weeks earlier than when he was suppose to be back on the pitch by saying he has a genetic blessing that ensures he recovers faster from injuries.

“It’s remarkable, really. We were thinking he could only play 25-30 minutes,” Rodgers said after the match.

“Obviously he was fine to come on and play a full hour. He is genetically blessed and he recovered very, very well. And he was excellent.”

Reacting to the statement made by the coach, Babayaro said it’s unprofessional for the club to rush the Nigerian back as they should have allow him recover fully before bringing him back.

He said their decision to rush him back is due to the fact that the team didn’t win any game without the ‎Nigerian but it could backfire in the long run which could affect the career of the player in the future.

” It was a knee injury and he underwent surgery, there’s no way he should be back playing after three weeks. The decision to rush him back is unprofessional and it’s connected to the fact that they didn’t win a game without him. Every player need to recover fully and not rushed back because in the long run it could affect their career “, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Babayaro Criticizes Rodgers for Rushing Ndidi Back....

Post by danfo driver »

This is a very serious issue! I didnt even take notice earlier. Thank you, Enugu II for posting this.

I am actually angry about this. I have a friend who was my classmate in University. He ran track and field for my school and actually represented Nigeria at Olympics level. He was very very very good. He got injured and the bast.ard coach kept forcing him to return to training earlier than prescribed by the team doctor. The coach ended up ruining my friend's career, as he aggravated one injury and could never recover. He lost his scholarship because he was off he team.

Sometimes, athletes need to protect their future from a selfish coach who is only interested in USING them. Imagine the nonsensical comment by Rodgers---
“It’s remarkable, really. We were thinking he could only play 25-30 minutes,” Rodgers said after the match.

“Obviously he was fine to come on and play a full hour. He is genetically blessed and he recovered very, very well. And he was excellent.”
WTFFF does that even mean? It sounds to racially insensitive! genetically blessed? Like blacks/africans are genetically constructed to carry out slave labor for 18 hours every day?

I like Rodgers, but he needs to get his brain re-checked. And Ndidi needs to stop this nice-guy attitude. Afterall, Tanguy Ndombele rold Mourinho straight up that HE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY A MATCH BECAUSE HE DOESNT FEEL FIT! If the coach wants to cry, let him cry! Your career is more important than pleasing a selfish human being.

P.s-- In their club, they clearly know that Ndidi is their MOST VALUABLE player. Without him they have struggled. Let them show that on his paycheck, because I can guarantee you that while they are willing to put his career at risk, he is NOT their highest paid player
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

danfo driver wrote:This is a very serious issue! I didnt even take notice earlier. Thank you, Enugu II for posting this.

I am actually angry about this. I have a friend who was my classmate in University. He ran track and field for my school and actually represented Nigeria at Olympics level. He was very very very good. He got injured and the bast.ard coach kept forcing him to return to training earlier than prescribed by the team doctor. The coach ended up ruining my friend's career, as he aggravated one injury and could never recover. He lost his scholarship because he was off he team.

Sometimes, athletes need to protect their future from a selfish coach who is only interested in USING them. Imagine the nonsensical comment by Rodgers---

WTFFF does that even mean? It sounds to racially insensitive! genetically blessed? Like blacks/africans are genetically constructed to carry out slave labor for 18 hours every day?

I like Rodgers, but he needs to get his brain re-checked. And Ndidi needs to stop this nice-guy attitude. Afterall, Tanguy Ndombele rold Mourinho straight up that HE IS NOT GOING TO PLAY A MATCH BECAUSE HE DOESNT FEEL FIT! If the coach wants to cry, let him cry! Your career is more important than pleasing a selfish human being.

P.s-- In their club, they clearly know that Ndidi is their MOST VALUABLE player. Without him they have struggled. Let them show that on his paycheck, because I can guarantee you that while they are willing to put his career at risk, he is NOT their highest paid player
I agree with you but Ndidi could have just stay in bed. They were not going to win without him. That will increase his value come summer. You need more than 2 weeks to recover from knee surgery even with advance medical we have now
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

While it is possible that Ndidi was rushed back, no one can speak with authority on the issue, apart from Ndidi and the doctor that treated him.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:While it is possible that Ndidi was rushed back, no one can speak with authority on the issue, apart from Ndidi and the doctor that treated him.
:???: He went under the knife Boss. When he burns out, they will claim he was an old man in the first place.

This is where having a strong agent comes in handy.

When you are used, abused and dumped, they will cite, "it is a business".

In the US, the NFLPA fought hard to have independent medical experts clear football players to play after certain types of injuries because they know that both the team and the player wants to get back on the field.

Someone has to be the adult in the room and say, "wait a minute...you are not fully ready to go back in".

BTW, Ndidi has just logged wayyyy too many minutes over the past two years for both club and country and should be given periodic rests.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Is Babayaro broke?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

'Genetically blessed'???? What is this one talking about? Abeg rest our boy after knee surgery, wth...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Cellular wrote: :???: He went under the knife Boss. When he burns out, they will claim he was an old man in the first place.

This is where having a strong agent comes in handy.

When you are used, abused and dumped, they will cite, "it is a business".

In the US, the NFLPA fought hard to have independent medical experts clear football players to play after certain types of injuries because they know that both the team and the player wants to get back on the field.

Someone has to be the adult in the room and say, "wait a minute...you are not fully ready to go back in".

BTW, Ndidi has just logged wayyyy too many minutes over the past two years for both club and country and should be given periodic rests.
Are you a medic? Did you treat Ndidi? Next. :taunt:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Ndidi should look out for himself.
Its easy to be eager to impress your employer
The downside, they will not remember this when s.h.i.t hits the fan.
Look out for #1, always.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Rawlings wrote:Is Babayaro broke?

No, next question.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote:Ndidi should look out for himself.
Look out for #1, always.
Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Look out for #1, always.
And you know he is not looking out for #1 because? Being in your boss's good books can also be about looking out for #1. They pay your wages. The British frown on players not willing to put their lives on the line for their team. Even Borinho gets upset when players take too long to recover or are not willing to play with manageable injuries. If the medical team feel Ndidi can play, he should play. And the manager should always listen to the medical team. All of you are just mouthing off without knowledge of the facts.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

While I agree it is gross misconduct to rush a player back from injury, lets look at the facts:

1. We dont know what the injury was, other than it was in the knee and some surgery was required. It might have been a simple non intrusive procedure that requires key hole surgery, like draining some fluid. That does not take time to recover from.

2. He didnt seem hobbled when he played. He looked like his old self, playing with burst, showing speed, capable of jumping, taking contact, etc.

No one other than Ndidi and Leicester knows the facts. So I dont think we should make assumptions without facts concerning his injury.
All we can say for certain is that he looked fine when he played, so Rogers is within his right to play him.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote:While I agree it is gross misconduct to rush a player back from injury, lets look at the facts:

1. We dont know what the injury was, other than it was in the knee and some surgery was required. It might have been a simple non intrusive procedure that requires key hole surgery, like draining some fluid. That does not take time to recover from.

2. He didnt seem hobbled when he played. He looked like his old self, playing with burst, showing speed, capable of jumping, taking contact, etc.

No one other than Ndidi and Leicester knows the facts. So I dont think we should make assumptions without facts concerning his injury.
All we can say for certain is that he looked fine when he played, so Rogers is within his right to play him.
Charlie,

Just one correction. While the exact injury is unknown , its effect can be inferred. If you re-read the piece it mentions that the predicted return to playing is February which tells you the impact and that he clearly returned before his return was anticipated. Even Rodgers comment about genetically infers that. What is not known is whether he healed fully by the time of his return or why he returned before his injury was expected to be fully healed .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

If Ndidi wasn’t fit to return, he wouldn’t have made the match day squad, period❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:If Ndidi wasn’t fit to return, he wouldn’t have made the match day squad, period❗️

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are a JJC

There is a reason Rashford is out for 3 months.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Are we excluding early recovery? There are players who are predisposed for early recovery.

secondly, do we really know what kind of knee injury this is, and can we really infer as suggested?

Look at a quote from Leicester news:
“Wilf took a knock in training yesterday, which unfortunately means he might need a slight operation,” he said.

“It was just unfortunate, he nicked his meniscus just changing direction. You’re looking at around three or four weeks (out), so he’ll probably miss most of January and early February, and then he will be back by then.”
Yes, the timeline for recovery from surgery for a meniscus tear is 4-6weeks, but then it depends on what kind of meniscus injury, whether it is a tear or strain; and especially, the location of the injury. Do we know any of this?

Not sure I understand the outrage and the racial arguments....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

cic old boy wrote:
Look out for #1, always.
And you know he is not looking out for #1 because? Being in your boss's good books can also be about looking out for #1. They pay your wages. The British frown on players not willing to put their lives on the line for their team. Even Borinho gets upset when players take too long to recover or are not willing to play with manageable injuries. If the medical team feel Ndidi can play, he should play. And the manager should always listen to the medical team. All of you are just mouthing off without knowledge of the facts.

You saw what you wanted to see in my post.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II wrote:
charlie wrote:While I agree it is gross misconduct to rush a player back from injury, lets look at the facts:

Charlie,

Just one correction. While the exact injury is unknown , its effect can be inferred. If you re-read the piece it mentions that the predicted return to playing is February which tells you the impact and that he clearly returned before his return was anticipated. Even Rodgers comment about genetically infers that. What is not known is whether he healed fully by the time of his return or why he returned before his injury was expected to be fully healed .
Ok, but doctors always give conservative estimates when it comes to injuries.
Secondly, it doesnt factor into consideration Ndidi's own recuperation capabilities. He is someone who is hardly injured so it might be he has high regenerative powers.

For me the key is he didnt play injured or even handicaped. He looked like himself.

Game on!
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

charlie wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Charlie,

Ok, but doctors always give conservative estimates when it comes to injuries.
Secondly, it doesnt factor into consideration Ndidi's own recuperation capabilities. He is someone who is hardly injured so it might be he has high regenerative powers.

For me the key is he didnt play injured or even handicaped. He looked like himself.

Game on!
Charlie

I do not know if Ndidi was not fully recovered when he returned. But we surely know that he returned earlier than projected. We also know that athletes are often rushed back earlier than they should be because their interest in such cases can be in conflict with the club. Let just hope that is not the case here and we will know in the coming weeks in terms off Ndidi's health going forward. But I am not ready to give either Rodgers or Leicester the pass here.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

txj wrote:Are we excluding early recovery? There are players who are predisposed for early recovery.

secondly, do we really know what kind of knee injury this is, and can we really infer as suggested?

Look at a quote from Leicester news:
“Wilf took a knock in training yesterday, which unfortunately means he might need a slight operation,” he said.

“It was just unfortunate, he nicked his meniscus just changing direction. You’re looking at around three or four weeks (out), so he’ll probably miss most of January and early February, and then he will be back by then.”
Yes, the timeline for recovery from surgery for a meniscus tear is 4-6weeks, but then it depends on what kind of meniscus injury, whether it is a tear or strain; and especially, the location of the injury. Do we know any of this?

Not sure I understand the outrage and the racial arguments....
Diokpa, why are you arguing against your own posted facts. You are entitled to your opinion and not facts. You did well in stating the recovery period for surgery on meniscus. You should have stopped there.

No one does surgery for a strain
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:If Ndidi wasn’t fit to return, he wouldn’t have made the match day squad, period❗️

Cheers.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You are a JJC

There is a reason Rashford is out for 3 months.
Spoken with the intellect of a true danfo driver❗️

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

For me the piece I find worrying is where they planned to play him for 20 mins or so but decided to keep him above that. That they decided he should play only for 20 mins tells you that they at least realise the need to manage something which they later jettisoned.

I remember Ambrose coming back from a long journey and decided to play in a Celtic game he should not have played, he made a couple of mistakes which resulted in goals against Celtic, he was blasted for not being professional... That is the key word here being professional. This applies to everyone, the coaches, the medical team and the player.

I hope Ndidí does not get into the habit of making these sort of sacrifice, it is not worth it. I have the scar to prove it, it ain't worth it.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho