Let’s go get Saka

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Let’s go get Saka

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:they didnt stay simply because they weren't called up. With iwobi stats for Arsenal and everton, there's no way he is getting into England 1st or 2and team. even that C lister is being generous
Yet England were pleading with Iwobi to not play for Nigeria just moments before he made his debut for us.

Please disturb another thread.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

pleading lol I think they tried calling him to their u21 team sha even the likes of Barkley, Ali wasn't even called up for their last game na iwobi you dey mention haha
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:With the promise he's showing right now, I fear England will come calling soon. Make we just maintain for now and settle for the Ezes, Ademolas, and Ejarias.
Here comes slow toad Tobi with the snail pace strategy. We need an aggressive targeted strategy on this boy. I'd put him on the spot, Call him then talk to him and force him to turn us down in the press. We don't need a change of citizenship for him to play for us. Let his parents tell us he won't after we've called him. Screw all this Yeye begging and just use the alpha method. Bid dawgs gotta eat!
No need for the insults, but I see your point and I agree... But you know how slow our NFF are... they will probably start showing up when England's radar begins to beam on the kid.
he didn't insult you, but you do come across as slow when you post...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:With the promise he's showing right now, I fear England will come calling soon. Make we just maintain for now and settle for the Ezes, Ademolas, and Ejarias.
Here comes slow toad Tobi with the snail pace strategy. We need an aggressive targeted strategy on this boy. I'd put him on the spot, Call him then talk to him and force him to turn us down in the press. We don't need a change of citizenship for him to play for us. Let his parents tell us he won't after we've called him. Screw all this Yeye begging and just use the alpha method. Bid dawgs gotta eat!
No need for the insults, but I see your point and I agree... But you know how slow our NFF are... they will probably start showing up when England's radar begins to beam on the kid.
Ok
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Ok
Tobi, big ups to you. :thumbs:
That is how you respond to unreasonable posts.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Cally wrote:
Enyi wrote:
john12 wrote:do people even read before commenting? it was a response to an original comment
you should take your advice.....Iwobi wont get in but the likes of Lingaard with one goal and one assist since last year in the squad.....

you cannot say who will get into any squad....

do you think the likes of Greenwood and James are better than Saka? do you think Tammy is better than your striker?...… you cannot make that comment unless their are English period
Don't mind the noisemaker. Unfortunately, that's what we get on CE these days. Empty vessels just talking crap all over the place. Almighty England that have not won anything to save their lives. Rubbish.

The reason I’m hardly here these days. His likes and Bigporkey are gradually killing CE.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

john12 wrote:pleading lol I think they tried calling him to their u21 team sha even the likes of Barkley, Ali wasn't even called up for their last game na iwobi you dey mention haha

Is Mason Mount better than Iwobi??

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Yes, on current form, he is and mount isn't even a starter
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

soma wrote:
john12 wrote:pleading lol I think they tried calling him to their u21 team sha even the likes of Barkley, Ali wasn't even called up for their last game na iwobi you dey mention haha

Is Mason Mount better than Iwobi??
Mount is trash, 2 assist all season for a CAM...2 goals in 14 games
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BAP wrote:
john12 wrote:omo so many good players just coming out of nowhere from england and even their C listers i.e iwobi, aribo, is walking into SE 11. now, we're still begging another C listers ejaria, lookman, eze and this one by next year, another group of Solid youngsters will emerge again. I think the biggest thing we can learn from England is to follow the same principles they used so that in 5/10 years, SE will be producing talents like Water
Iwobi and Aina played englnd u-21 so had they stayed english they could very well be on Englands radar.

When Naija played England pre-wc . As soon as Iwobi came on SE dominated that England midfield . Sufice to say that Iwobi is no C-lister
BAP

TBH, john12 is not wrong. The players we took ahead of England were not under consideration by England at the time we got them. A great example is Iqobi who may not have even played competitively for Arsenal's first team at the time he played first for SE .

When we have moved for players that England wanted - Tammy, Tomori - we lost those to England. At this point, that is Indeed factual.

Saka is at a point where England may show interest which, going by the past, will mean that Nigeria will lose out. Therefore, getting these players before they get to the point that England becomes interested is the best option.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

prof, I think the best thing we can learn from England is to humble ourselves and follow their youth program principles so that in few years SE will be producing plethora of talents like water. At this point, the talent level these boys are producing is undeniable. it definitely wasn't like this in their "Golden generation" the key part is "Humility" and patience
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

soma wrote:
Cally wrote:
Enyi wrote:
john12 wrote:do people even read before commenting? it was a response to an original comment
you should take your advice.....Iwobi wont get in but the likes of Lingaard with one goal and one assist since last year in the squad.....

you cannot say who will get into any squad....

do you think the likes of Greenwood and James are better than Saka? do you think Tammy is better than your striker?...… you cannot make that comment unless their are English period
Don't mind the noisemaker. Unfortunately, that's what we get on CE these days. Empty vessels just talking crap all over the place. Almighty England that have not won anything to save their lives. Rubbish.

The reason I’m hardly here these days. His likes and Bigporkey are gradually killing CE.
this shows how weak you are as a man.... IF you let someone online determines how you live or get your fix, then i wonder how you survive in the real world... be a man fight for yourself
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
BAP wrote:
john12 wrote:omo so many good players just coming out of nowhere from england and even their C listers i.e iwobi, aribo, is walking into SE 11. now, we're still begging another C listers ejaria, lookman, eze and this one by next year, another group of Solid youngsters will emerge again. I think the biggest thing we can learn from England is to follow the same principles they used so that in 5/10 years, SE will be producing talents like Water
Iwobi and Aina played englnd u-21 so had they stayed english they could very well be on Englands radar.

When Naija played England pre-wc . As soon as Iwobi came on SE dominated that England midfield . Sufice to say that Iwobi is no C-lister
BAP

TBH, john12 is not wrong. The players we took ahead of England were not under consideration by England at the time we got them. A great example is Iqobi who may not have even played competitively for Arsenal's first team at the time he played first for SE .

When we have moved for players that England wanted - Tammy, Tomori - we lost those to England. At this point, that is Indeed factual.

Saka is at a point where England may show interest which, going by the past, will mean that Nigeria will lose out. Therefore, getting these players before they get to the point that England becomes interested is the best option.
But Prof, you have to recognise that the players we poached from England have all been young prospects yet to reach their full potential. Most played at some point for the England national youth teams and have been on an upward spiral.
There is no way of knowing who would turn out to be world class and for how long that class would last.
So its a game of hit and miss.

If we had been gunning for 'older cargoes' then your argument would have been incontestable, but Iwobi for instance was poached at the age of about 21 - hardly the age at which the average England player gets into the full national team.

Gareth Southgate is probably the first England manager to put this amount of faith in youth prospects - but its a risk he is taking and he is not going to cap all his youth options. They are too many.
He, like us, will get some right and get some wrong.

So calling our targets C-class is a misrepresentation of reality IMHO.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

John12 is a habitual liar. Why he is taken seriously here is beyond me. He routinely insults Nigerian players and downplays their talents just to justify the many shortcomings of Rhor. If Iwobi was a 3rd rate player why then did then England coach Roy Hodgeson plead with him not to play for Nigeria? Why is England still trying to prevent Lookman and Eze from switching to Nigeria? I dunno about Lookman, Eze and Ejaria because they are still very young but I know for sure the likes of Iwobi and Ndidi will walk into that Engand 1st 11. Even Aina will get into their 1st 11 on a good day. I listen to a lot of English soccer sites on YouTube such as Eurofootball daily, HITC 11 and Aina alongside Ndidi, and Ihenacho are highly rated by them.

Also its a known fact that the English NT handlers are very racist and discriminate against English players of African decent especially Nigerians. Enila Aluko exposed this while she was an England international. We all saw how good players like Wilfred Zaha were ignored by the English NTs and thus switched to IVC. Fikayo Tomori is a superior CB compared to the likes of Tyrone Mings and John Stones yet he is chopping bench to these 2 wastepipes hence why we were all dismayed when he still opted for England. In England, the order goes as follows: the native white players get preferential treatment, then the black players of Caribbean ancestry, then at the bottom are 1st gen Africans. That's is why a lot of these Anglo Nigerians are advised to at least consider Nigeria as a viable option when it comes to International football.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

na wa
Last edited by john12 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The problem with Most CE Forumites is that they're blinded by patriotism which make them speak "untrue things" first of all, no one mentioned "ndidi" so sneaking ndidi name here just means that you're the one "lying" now to your point. This thread is about us invitting saka and I said we should invite saka. however, the biggest lesson we can learn from the english is following their "youth principles" so that in few years, we will be producing bountiful of talents at youth level like England are doing nowadays. I now said that even English C rated or 3rd team players (being generous) like Aina, Aribo, iwobi is walking into SE xi and that's a testament to the english team. I also said that another C rated players like eze, Ejaria, saka that SE is literally kissing their nyash will once again Walk into SE Team

KEY word: Aribo, Aina, iwobi, lookman, eze, ejaria with all due respect to them and on current form isn't getting into England 1st or 2nd team which make them C rated and most of them walked into SE xi. even the best among them Tammy and Tomori cant even get into English 11. Anyway, facts are facts and people have to be humble. The english was failing 20 years ago and humbled themselves in the past few years by focusing on grassroots level. now, they're reaping the benefits and producing so many talented youngsters that their "C rated" boys are walking into SE 11. As much as its nauseating, we have to do the same if not we're just going to be begging. by next year, Another group of talented youngsters will emerge again and once again, SE will be "beggy beggy"

Lastly, Do not deceive yourself Any player that plays for England u17, 19, 21 will naturally prefer to play for their senior team except they aren't called up then they will reconsider SE (2nd) option. we can either continue being beggy beggy, 2and option for C rated or just wholeheartedly focus on grassroots so that we can be producing our own osimehn, chukwueze etc in few years..

BTW no one mentioned Ndidi only you and na you dey call person LIAR
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
BAP wrote:

BAP

But Prof, you have to recognise that the players we poached from England have all been young prospects yet to reach their full potential. Most played at some point for the England national youth teams and have been on an upward spiral.
There is no way of knowing who would turn out to be world class and for how long that class would last.
So its a game of hit and miss.

If we had been gunning for 'older cargoes' then your argument would have been incontestable, but Iwobi for instance was poached at the age of about 21 - hardly the age at which the average England player gets into the full national team.

Gareth Southgate is probably the first England manager to put this amount of faith in youth prospects - but its a risk he is taking and he is not going to cap all his youth options. They are too many.
He, like us, will get some right and get some wrong.

So calling our targets C-class is a misrepresentation of reality IMHO.
Damunk,

I agree that we do poach them young, except perhaps in the case of Victor Moses. Poaching them young is in fact the only way I believe we can win their signatures over England. I am all for that as it is the only way that it is winnable and it is demonstrated by the results that we have obtained. I believe, for instance, that if we had gone after Iwobi when he was a regular in Arsenal first team that Iwobi would more likely be wearing England's shirt today. That we were able to get Vic Mo, at all, was because he was then merely loaned from place to place and had not yet made his mark in the big leagues.

By the way, I would not call them C-class at all. I think they are up and coming talent but definitely not within England's radar and that is why we are able to poach them. When we sought two players -- Tammy and Tomori -- who were then in the first team squads with games under their belt, the result was predictable. IMHO, we are yet to win a single battle for a player that England was genuinely interested in. Not one at this time and for me I really do not care as long as we get players who eventually can contribute to SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

john12 wrote:The problem with Most CE Forumites is that they're blinded by patriotism which make them speak "untrue things" first of all, no one mentioned "ndidi" so sneaking ndidi name here just means that you're the one "lying" now to your point. This thread is about us invitting saka and I said we should invite saka. however, the biggest lesson we can learn from the english is following their "youth principles" so that in few years, we will be producing bountiful of talents at youth level like England are doing nowadays. I now said that even English C rated or 3rd team players (being generous) like Aina, Aribo, iwobi is walking into SE xi and that's a testament to the english team. I also said that another C rated players like eze, Ejaria, saka that SE is literally kissing their nyash will once again Walk into SE Team

KEY word: Aribo, Aina, iwobi, lookman, eze, ejaria with all due respect to them and on current form isn't getting into England 1st or 2nd team which make them C rated and most of them walked into SE xi. even the best among them Tammy and Tomori cant even get into English 11. Anyway, facts are facts and people have to be humble. The english was failing 20 years ago and humbled themselves in the past few years by focusing on grassroots level. now, they're reaping the benefits and producing so many talented youngsters that their "C rated" boys are walking into SE 11. As much as its nauseating, we have to do the same if not we're just going to be begging. by next year, Another group of talented youngsters will emerge again and once again, SE will be "beggy beggy"

Lastly, Do not deceive yourself Any player that plays for England u17, 19, 21 will naturally prefer to play for their senior team except they aren't called up then they will reconsider SE (2nd) option. we can either continue being beggy beggy, 2and option for C rated or just wholeheartedly focus on grassroots so that we can be producing our own osimehn, chukwueze etc in few years..

BTW no one mentioned Ndidi only you and na you dey call person LIAR

No one denied that England produces good players. The issue is that their players are overrated and overpriced especially their oyinbo players. Lampard and Gerrad's generation had better talents in their Squad than their present team today so why are you kissing up to them? They have the EPL which is the best league in the world so producing top players should never be an issue for them. When you insult and downplay the abilities of Nigerian players in relation to England's then you come off as a jacka$$. You are doing this to give Rhor an out after he loses to the likes of Madagascar in an AFCON or to the likes of Croatia at the WC no thanks to his clueless and cowardly tactics.

These Anglo Nigerians you are calling 3rd rate are still youngsters. Non of them are above 23 years so they can still improve and become World Class. Like I pointed out, a lot of English fans are ruing losing out on Iwobi and Aina not to mention they speak highly of Aribo and Ndidi so saying these guys wont even make England's 3rd team is your own useless opinion. I pointed out how a top baller like Zaha was left out of the England squad due to their biases against 1st gen Immigrants. Aluko exposed the racism in English football and how it affects player selection but like the mumu you are you choose to ignore these facts. The fact that Tomori is being benched for rubbish defenders like Mings and Stones should tell you that these guys have biases towards English players of Nigerian heritage.

Lastly, you are a known liar here. You even lied in this thread claiming Iwobi was wanted by England u21 team when it was their senior team coach Roy Hodgeson that contacted him. Yeye 419er.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Prof, all these poaching poaching them young seems weak and dishonorable. infact, when are we going to humble ourselves, have patience and build our own youth so that we can start producing many talented youngstars like england instead of trying to poach them young. if we cannot get them when they're Established it means we're being weak/cheap. Also, a player that cant get into England 1st or 2nd 11 is a C Rated player or however you wanna call it (semantics).
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

ODOGWU!
Last edited by john12 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... wN&ampcf=1

i dont ever speak without data. proof or facts. this is iwobi rejecting u21 for super eagles not 3lions. People will come online and be PATHOLOGICALLY LYING lol and they be writing it so CONFIDENTLY Lmao "Read the link well then respond"
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof.,
I struggle with the highlighted point you made in your argument.
The fact of the matter is not a single one of these players would have made it to the England U17 AND U20 teams, had they not being considered as high English prospects (i.e. for probable consideration and progression into their Men's National team).
Let's be clear: the very fact that they were key members of these English National team squads strongly suggests that they were on the English radar. Calling them 'C' class players, as some have insinuated here, is being disingenuous, at best.
Enugu II wrote: ...By the way, I would not call them C-class at all. I think they are up and coming talent but definitely not within England's radar and that is why we are able to poach them. When we sought two players -- Tammy and Tomori -- who were then in the first team squads with games under their belt, the result was predictable. IMHO, we are yet to win a single battle for a player that England was genuinely interested in. Not one at this time and for me I really do not care as long as we get players who eventually can contribute to SE.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Prof.,
The fact of the matter is not a single one of these players would have made it to the England U17 AND U20 teams, had they not being considered as high English prospects (i.e.

Otitokoro"]Prof.,
The fact of the matter is not a single one of these players would have made it to the England U17 AND U20 teams, had they not being considered as high English prospects (i.e. for probable consideration and progression into their Men's National team).
Let's be clear: the very fact that they were key members of these English National team squads strongly suggests that they were on the English radar. Calling them 'C' class players, as some have insinuated here, is being disingenuous, at best.

[quote=
...By the way, I would not call them C-class at all. I think they are up and coming talent but definitely not within England's radar and that is why we are able to poach them. When we sought two players -- Tammy and Tomori -- who were then in the first team squads with games under their belt, the result was predictable. IMHO, we are yet to win a single battle for a player that England was genuinely interested in. Not one at this time and for me I really do not care as long as we get players who eventually can contribute to SE.[/quote][/quote]

CE is the only place where people can be honest about football until their own is involved. unfortunately, in every field of sports, There will be A,b,C,d list Artist, athletes, basketballers, footballers. Also, if a player cannot get into Nigeria 1st or 2nd 11, they're C,D,Z list nigerian footballers.

Example: on current form, Osimehn is an A list Super eagles player presently while dennis bonaventure is a C lister
Macaulay Chrisantus etc