Kwara United Signs Dan Amokachi's Sons

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kwara United Signs Dan Amokachi's Sons

Post by Enugu II »

Kwara United signs Amokachi’s twin sons, nazim and kalim
https://www.brila.net/kwara-united-sign ... and-kalim/
Seyi Alao 0 February 5, 2020 4:34 pm

Daniel Amokachi’s twin sons Nazim and Kalim have put pen to paper with Nigeria professional football league club, Kwara United.

Nazim and Kalim last played for JS Hercules and also had a short stint with Besiktas Academy in Turkey will now join an already potent Kwara united side coached by Abdullahi Biffo.
Nazim is a right winger who has the eye for scoring spectacular goals scored 4 goals in 6 games for JS Hercules while Kalim had 4 games under his belt with no goal but look certain to bring their wealth of European experience into the youthful Kwara United side.

However the details of their deal was not disclosed to the media, but the players are happy to be joining a club that will give them the opportunity to continue their development.

Daniel Amokachi, Nazim and Kalim’s father who was recently appointed as a special to President Muhammad Buhari on football had played for sides like Ranchers Bees in Kaduna before stints with Club Brugge, Everton and Besiktas rounded up an illustrious career in Europe.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Kwara United Signs Dan Amokachi's Sons

Post by olu »

Doesn't sound like a dream move to go from Besiktas to Hercules and then Kwara Utd. Wish the young lads the best at Kwara Utd. We seriously need to develop our league though to make it more attractive to our young players
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:

Daniel Amokachi’s twin sons Nazim and Kalim have put pen to paper with Nigeria professional football league club, Kwara United.

Nazim and Kalim last played for JS Hercules and also had a short stint with Besiktas Academy in Turkey will now join an already potent Kwara united side coached by Abdullahi Biffo.
Nazim is a right winger who has the eye for scoring spectacular goals scored 4 goals in 6 games for JS Hercules while Kalim had 4 games under his belt with no goal but look certain to bring their wealth of European experience into the youthful Kwara United side.

However the details of their deal was not disclosed to the media, but the players are happy to be joining a club that will give them the opportunity to continue their development.

Daniel Amokachi, Nazim and Kalim’s father who was recently appointed as a special to President Muhammad Buhari on football had played for sides like Ranchers Bees in Kaduna before stints with Club Brugge, Everton and Besiktas rounded up an illustrious career in Europe.
Nice!

Congrats to the youngins! :clap:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote:

This is very good for our league. Hope the boys enjoy the experience and improve for their next phase.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

I can see what the bull is trying to do, I think there is potential big market for it in Nigeria, I took my youngest son on holiday to naija over xmas period and he played at an academy and he really liked it, the coach was a guy that had been to Denmark for trials. He enjoyed the stories from the guy, all in all there is a market there for people in naija to make money and also those abroad to learn from them

Am not even talking at the high level here
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Prince wrote:I can see what the bull is trying to do, I think there is potential big market for it in Nigeria, I took my youngest son on holiday to naija over xmas period and he played at an academy and he really liked it, the coach was a guy that had been to Denmark for trials. He enjoyed the stories from the guy, all in all there is a market there for people in naija to make money and also those abroad to learn from them

Am not even talking at the high level here
Prince,

That is not the only attraction. The soccer is different, physical, and very fast. My son played there when he was 15 and he enjoyed it. It was an eye opener. The fact that Nigerian youths play long hours each day is a huge benefit and coming from the academy elsewhere it is a challenge and very exciting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Are these his sons from the Tunisian model?

Is he still married to her?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

olu wrote:Doesn't sound like a dream move to go from Besiktas to Hercules and then Kwara Utd. Wish the young lads the best at Kwara Utd. We seriously need to develop our league though to make it more attractive to our young players
... Nazim and Kalim last played for JS Hercules and also had a short stint with Besiktas Academy in Turkey
. Sound like they were passing-by and scrimmaged with the Turkish academy, many Nigerian do that.
JJ Okocha started his journey accidentally too.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So the boys are not good eh? They should just go to school and become engineers instead of trying to fill daddy's shoes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

1naija wrote:So the boys are not good eh? They should just go to school and become engineers instead of trying to fill daddy's shoes.
i see what you did there. the road to success doesn't always go in a straight line sometimes you got go backwards to fine tune your trajectory. its also an opportunity for kids who have been abroad to get to know their country.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

jette1 wrote:
1naija wrote:So the boys are not good eh? They should just go to school and become engineers instead of trying to fill daddy's shoes.
i see what you did there. the road to success doesn't always go in a straight line sometimes you got go backwards to fine tune your trajectory. its also an opportunity for kids who have been abroad to get to know their country.

But even you would have to admit that this detour doesn't look good. These boys are likely in their mid 20s and after a journeyman career, are signing with kwara united....
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

deanotito wrote:
jette1 wrote:

But even you would have to admit that this detour doesn't look good. These boys are likely in their mid 20s and after a journeyman career, are signing with kwara united....
i think we are assuming too much, we are not at their dinner table
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

They are happy! :clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Children should be encouraged to chart their own course. Sometimes society tend to pressure children of great athletes to turn out to be as great as their father. Marvin Frazier is a prime example of this.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.