Adarabioyo Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks With Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Adarabioyo Resumes Switch Of Allegiance Talks With Niger

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:At the very least he will edge out Balogun. He will be good competition for Ekong, Ajayi, Omeruo, and Awazeim.
To be honest Olu, I strongly believe Omeruo has hit his ceiling. So much promise at a younger age but nowhere near the heights we all expected. I pray I am wrong.

Adarabioyo is at the beginning of his incline and I believe he has the skills to reach a far higher ceiling.

But what do I know?
I felt the same way about Egwueke.
Kai,

I certainly was not one of those that expected whatever heights. In my view, Omeruo is exactly who I always felt he is. Same as Balogun. In my view, the only defender that I have not been high on but has done a bit better than expected is Ekong. I still feel he isn't it but I will grant you that he has improved a bit with his comfort on the ball which was a HUGE HOLE in his game. Of all those defenders, Awaziem to me remains the real deal but he still has to cut off silly errors.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
olu wrote:At the very least he will edge out Balogun. He will be good competition for Ekong, Ajayi, Omeruo, and Awazeim.
To be honest Olu, I strongly believe Omeruo has hit his ceiling. So much promise at a younger age but nowhere near the heights we all expected. I pray I am wrong.

Adarabioyo is at the beginning of his incline and I believe he has the skills to reach a far higher ceiling.

But what do I know?
I felt the same way about Egwueke.
Kai,

I certainly was not one of those that expected whatever heights. In my view, Omeruo is exactly who I always felt he is. Same as Balogun. In my view, the only defender that I have not been high on but has done a bit better than expected is Ekong. I still feel he isn't it but I will grant you that he has improved a bit with his comfort on the ball which was a HUGE HOLE in his game. Of all those defenders, Awaziem to me remains the real deal but he still has to cut off silly errors.
Love the guy.
He can only get better. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I hope this isn't another Billings type set up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:I hope this isn't another Billings type set up.
Nah Adarabioyo seems legit, he even rocks the Naija jersey on his social media handles. I think him, and to some extent Saka are genuine in their Naija vibes.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sidney Sam is advising Torunarigha and Udokhai not to make the same mistake he made in choosing Germany over Nigeria. He now regrets the decision to snub Nigeria and I hope this generation of players will learn from him and Patrick Owomoyela.
Keshi was really keen on Sidney Sam joining the SE but he turned us down after initially warming up to the idea of playing for Nigeria.
He's left with his regrets.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:Sidney Sam is advising Torunarigha and Udokhai not to make the same mistake he made in choosing Germany over Nigeria. He now regrets the decision to snub Nigeria and I hope this generation of players will learn from him and Patrick Owomoyela.
Keshi was really keen on Sidney Sam joining the SE but he turned us down after initially warming up to the idea of playing for Nigeria.
:source: :source: :source:
You like to drop juicy gist then clean mouth dey look..... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:Sidney Sam is advising Torunarigha and Udokhai not to make the same mistake he made in choosing Germany over Nigeria. He now regrets the decision to snub Nigeria and I hope this generation of players will learn from him and Patrick Owomoyela.

Let any of these guys play for whomever they want to. We dont need any of them. As it is we are already stacked.

Guys like Eze and Saka would be great to have, but if not it won't really effect is one bit as far as I am concerned.

I dont want any mercenaries who are holding out till the end.

If they dont help us qualify they can kick rocks.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Kai Sidney Sam! It's been a while since I heard that name.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:

Let any of these guys play for whomever they want to. We dont need any of them. As it is we are already stacked.

Guys like Eze and Saka would be great to have, but if not it won't really effect is one bit as far as I am concerned.

I dont want any mercenaries who are holding out till the end.

If they dont help us qualify they can kick rocks.
I think the more important point is the message that is going out...for the future.
Every time a dual citizen player makes a choice for Nigeria - or publicly regrets not making it - it sends a message to those that think they have only one career-enhancing option.

I tell my kids all the time...their future is not limited to London, or the UK or the USA.
It is global and Nigeria is as much part of that future as anywhere else.

Its a mind thing and thank God, they get it.

Even if we don't need or want Udokhai and Tourinagha after all their yanga, there are and forever will be more and more talented players coming through.

To put it crudely, with our numbers, as long as Nigerians are having sex and having kids, the talent pool all over the world will continue to grow.
Fact. :D