Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Post by Dammy »

Cally wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Cally wrote:Anyone watching Ejuke Vs Ajax? He's tormenting Ajax. Just laid a sitter for his teammate who missed when it was far easier to score.

It's half time right now.
link ?
So sorry, I'm watching on ESPN+ App, so I cant post a link.
Reports from the match on Dutch media suggest that Ejuke had a very good game terrorising the Ajax defence especially Blind.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Cally wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Cally wrote:Anyone watching Ejuke Vs Ajax? He's tormenting Ajax. Just laid a sitter for his teammate who missed when it was far easier to score.

It's half time right now.
link ?
So sorry, I'm watching on ESPN+ App, so I cant post a link.
Reports from the match on Dutch media suggest that Ejuke had a very good game terrorising the Ajax defence especially Blind.
Now that’s what I’m talking about, let me go watch game on ESPN+!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Had a great first half then fizzled out in the second half when Ajax came back stronger.

Overall looked like the best baller on the pitch (maybe Onana was better).
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:Had a great first half then fizzled out in the second half when Ajax came back stronger.

True, interesting he was playing centrally as a withdrawn striker/CAM rather than left wing he had been playing most of the season. He looked really good in this position, looked like good competition for Iwobi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:Had a great first half then fizzled out in the second half when Ajax came back stronger.

True, interesting he was playing centrally as a withdrawn striker/CAM rather than left wing he had been playing most of the season. He looked really good in this position, looked like good competition for Iwobi...

with all these wide players we have, we need to convert at least 1 to become an AM and thus Iwobi's competition. Whoever I guess has the best passing range, intelligence, combined with dribbling ability, and ability to shoot and score.

I wonder if Ejuke is the guy. I had long thought Kalu should also be tried in this position.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

with all these wide players we have, we need to convert at least 1 to become an AM and thus Iwobi's competition. Whoever I guess has the best passing range, intelligence, combined with dribbling ability, and ability to shoot and score.

I wonder if Ejuke is the guy. I had long thought Kalu should also be tried in this position.
If Eze continues to develop and opts for us, there you have it.
Ejaria's role isnt quite that clear...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

If Eze continues to develop and opts for us, there you have it.
Ejaria's role isnt quite that clear...
Aribo, Kalu, Chukwueze, Ejuke all have AM qualities in them, but we definitely need a NATURAL CAM badly to support Iwobi, Eze or/and Ejaria will be more than great additions indeed.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

After reading the reviews of Ejuke's performance against Ajax yesterday in the Dutch media, I have no doubt he should have been invited for the AFCON qualifiers against Sierra Leone.
It's ironic that what should have been his greatest asset, I.e. being home breed and not needing any FIFA nationality switch is what has worked against him, as it seems it's more important to cap tie the foreign born players.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

dammy
After reading the reviews of Ejuke's performance against Ajax yesterday in the Dutch media, I have no doubt he should have been invited for the AFCON qualifiers against Sierra Leone.
It's ironic that what should have been his greatest asset, I.e. being home breed and not needing any FIFA nationality switch is what has worked against him, as it seems it's more important to cap tie the foreign born players.. me sef, I dey confuse. one mind is telling me that his excelling at a BACKWATER but that same BACKWATER has players at Ajax and we all know what ajax achieved last season. anyway sha, BABA knows best

you're absolutely right. in addition to it, he is actually SE best winger (stats wise) this season and is even rated higher than cyril dessers overall at the dutch league. I am confident that if he was a dual/national, dude would had been called up. another mind is telling me that BABA will call him up very soon
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Musa seems to be the one keeping him out of the squad.

Musa even if not yet permanently gone from the team needs to temporarily have a break so we can see what young players like Ejuke, Dennis, Lookman (switch pending) can do for SE.

I still think a player like Ejuke should be groomed for a deputy AM role.

Let's not put all our eggs in one basket and just wait for Eze.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I'm hoping someone can post the full match on CE. I went through reports in the Dutch media using translations and it appears that he was the best player. The one that stood out for me was " finally we have an African winger with Brazilian technique". That is high compliments!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:Musa seems to be the one keeping him out of the squad.

Musa even if not yet permanently gone from the team needs to temporarily have a break so we can see what young players like Ejuke, Dennis, Lookman (switch pending) can do for SE.

We all have to learn to make haste slowly.
Ejuke ain't running away anywhere anytime soon. He is young and it seems he can only get better. So why not be methodical in how and who we invite rather than jump on every flavour of the month?

Isn't this how people were threatening thunder and brimstone when youngsters like Onyekuru, Okereke and Michael Kingsley were not making the invite lists? Now the clamour has inevitably died down.

Personally I am pretty sure Ejuke is on the radar and will probably make the next list of invites, probably ahead of Ejaria and Eze sef.

Meanwhile, Musa has publicly hinted that he might be retiring from the SE soon "to make way for the younger ones" - which I think is silly because he should only now be approaching his peak at 27 and experience is not to be sneered at.

[/video]
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:

M :scared: :thumb: usa even if not yet permanently gone from the team needs to temporarily have a break so we can see what young players like Ejuke, Dennis, Lookman (switch pending) can do for SE.

Ejuke ain't running away anywhere anytime soon. He is young and it seems he can only get better. So why not be methodical in how and who we invite rather than jump on every flavour of the month?

Isn't this how people were threatening thunder and brimstone when youngsters like Onyekuru, Okereke and Michael Kingsley were not making the invite lists? Now the clamour has inevitably died down.

Personally I am pretty sure Ejuke is on the radar and will probably make the next list of invites, probably ahead of Ejaria and Eze sef.

Meanwhile, Musa has publicly hinted that he might be retiring from the SE soon "to make way for the younger ones" - which I think is silly because he should only now be approaching his peak at 27 and experience is not to be sneered at.

[/video]
I agree that his experience is important to the SE but Musa should move back to Europe to still be in contention for a SE invitation. He cannot be keeping out players in higher level leagues on merit.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

M :scared: :thumb: usa even if not yet permanently gone from the team needs to temporarily have a break so we can see what young players like Ejuke, Dennis, Lookman (switch pending) can do for SE.

[/video]
I agree that his experience is important to the SE but Musa should move back to Europe to still be in contention for a SE invitation. He cannot be keeping out players in higher level leagues on merit.

Dammy,

This league evaluation can be a big problem. We should all remember the focus is on the player and not the league. The fact that Brazil used a player based in China in key contests and that Ighalo has fitted nicely at Man. Utd, after coming from China should put a caution to over-emphasizing the league. In my view, Musa should be evaluated simply based on what he is currently doing against his peers in the SE camp and not marginalized because he is playing in Saudi Arabia. This is particularly important for Nigeria given that Nigerian players often move based on remuneration and not based on whether a league is top this or top that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

Dammy,

This league evaluation can be a big problem. We should all remember the focus is on the player and not the league. The fact that Brazil used a player based in China in key contests and that Ighalo has fitted nicely at Man. Utd, after coming from China should put a caution to over-emphasizing the league. In my view, Musa should be evaluated simply based on what he is currently doing against his peers in the SE camp and not marginalized because he is playing in Saudi Arabia. This is particularly important for Nigeria given that Nigerian players often move based on remuneration and not based on whether a league is top this or top that.
Good points as always Prof.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

Dammy,

I agree that the Saudi league shouldnt necessarily count against Musa.

However when players are not only playing in better leagues but also being amongst the best in their position in that league, then we must question Musa's place, especially when he hasn't exactly lit it up in a SE jersey for a while.

Also people talk about Mikel and Ighalo playing in China, but we did not have any depth in both Mikel and Ighalo's position.

The wide forward is currently the position we have the most depth in, so players putting up average numbers in a poor league should not be given a pass.

My main thing is that we should see what Ejuke can bring to SE. We are already aware of what Musa offers. He gives us hard work, pace and directness, without much guile or football intelligence.

a player like Ejuke seems like he may be able to offer more. I dont see why Musa cannot be left alone for a few matches to see what these other players can offer in camp, the games proper, and as impact subs.

the way I see it all players healthy, Chukwueze, Kalu, and Simon have locked down wide spots with Musa occupying the fourth.

Players like Ejuke and Dennis need to be properly assessed. There is nothing to assess with Musa, and it is a long term benefit if he sits out a few matches to look at these options.

It may be that in the end Musa is a better option, but we will not know until we look at them, and there is strong evidence that these players can offer more than Musa.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Playing is saudi is rubbish, the likes of Mikel and Ighalo, ran away from trash leagues, and we see what they are doing today..Mikel's new club is on the verge of winning the Turkish league
MUSA NEEDS TO GET OUT OF SUADI
Ighalo is still yet to start a PL game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote:

[/video]

This is from last year ahead of the games against Benin and Lesotho. I think that he knows that the handwriting is on the wall, and he would rather leave on his own terms.

Having said that, for the time being, he needs to decide whether his priority is leading the national team or maximizing his earnings in Saudi Arabia. If it's the former, he will need to move to a more competitive league because the level of competition in Saudi Arabia doesn't prepare him for the competition that he faces to keep his national team shirt.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

This is from last year ahead of the games against Benin and Lesotho. I think that he knows that the handwriting is on the wall, and he would rather leave on his own terms.

Having said that, for the time being, he needs to decide whether his priority is leading the national team or maximizing his earnings in Saudi Arabia. If it's the former, he will need to move to a more competitive league because the level of competition in Saudi Arabia doesn't prepare him for the competition that he faces to keep his national team shirt.
Absolutely.
Personally I think he is too young not to test himself regularly in one of the elite leagues.
But he probably has his reasons for opting for Saudi.
Who knows, maybe he is amassing funds for a future foray into northern Nigerian politics? :idea:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
mystic wrote:
Damunk wrote:

[/video]

Absolutely.
Personally I think he is too young not to test himself regularly in one of the elite leagues.
But he probably has his reasons for opting for Saudi.
Who knows, maybe he is amassing funds for a future foray into northern Nigerian politics? :idea:
Damunk,

Saudi Arabia league cannot be as bad as many think if it is a league that has produced champion clubs for Asia. Overall, Saudi clubs have been in 14 Asian Champion League final game and Al-Ahli is the current Asian champion. Several top players from North Africa and I believe a Colombian national team player (Cuellar) as well as some good Brazilian, Italian, Argentine players are playing in it. While it may not be the Top 5, it may well be just as competitive as some of the lower-end leagues in Europe.

TBH, I feel Musa may have his hands full competing against new faces that are now available to SE but I do not believe that the fact that he is playing in Saudi will be the reason that he fails to keep his place in the long run. Even if he is back in Russia (??? v Saudi), it might not make a difference in the long run.

Unfortunately, Rohr believes, or at least one can infer, that playing in Europe is the way one can be part of SE and it does not matter whether the player is in the elite tier or not. This, perhaps, explains the rare chances afforded to other good players that are playing elsewhere, including those playing in Africa and other non-European spaces. The players who play in these non-European spaces who have received consistent opportunities are more likely to have debuted for Nigeria, under previous coaches, and have established themselves pre-Rohr. Nevertheless, Rohr is the manager and he will be measured by the success of his team in the long run.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

prof, let's be honest. SE shouldn't be aspiring to achieve something meaningful with players at BACKWATER leagues i.e saudi, Israel etc because the level of your players will determine the level of their results and performance against Big teams. in musa or proven experienced players case, his clubside has no relevance because he had previously shown his capabilities and performance against world class teams and on the world stage. domestically, he has won, (ANC) (Npl) Worldwide, he has performed (4 world cup goals) SE world cup GOAT. so, indent get why people keep mentioning Ahmed musa name
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:prof, let's be honest. SE shouldn't be aspiring to achieve something meaningful with players at BACKWATER leagues i.e saudi, Israel etc because the level of your players will determine the level of their results and performance against Big teams. in musa or proven experienced players case, his clubside has no relevance because he had previously shown his capabilities and performance against world class teams and on the world stage. domestically, he has won, (ANC) (Npl) Worldwide, he has performed (4 world cup goals) SE world cup GOAT. so, indent get why people keep mentioning Ahmed musa name
Key word: 'PREVIOUSLY'
Key question: What can he do NOW?

If it is all and only about ['previously'+'experience' - 'backwater league'] = invitation, then we might as well bring back Mikel Obi, Onazi and Ambrose.

Musa just needs to show he STILL has both the ability and the desire. For now, he is not an automatic pick and it seems he knows it. Na only you dey in denial. :idea:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Dr all these inexperienced young talent always flatter to deceive at the "world stage" they did the same thing in 2010 Wc, 2013 Cc, 2014 Wc, 2018 Wc and will probably do the same in 2022 worldcup. I dont even think talent is the issue, its usually a "mental thing" this is where proven experience players are vital