Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Ejuke - How Good is This Player?

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:This kid is a better player than Eze abeg, we're just too obsessed/biased in favor of the "foreign brands". Convert Chidera to a CAM (a position he has played to good effect at his club), and watch him flourish.
Ejuke is a 'foreign brand'.
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke
Unlike......the list is endless

The question is, why are these HB talents not proving themselves on the green grass when given the opportunity?
Somebody pls tell me.
I strongly suspect you already know the answer to the question you posed. We've been over this countless times. Nurturing of talent is far and away removed from identification. Nigerian football is just a feeder league to European leagues and else where. The lack of access to facilities and training expertise is one of the other reasons. Essentially, Naija rely on other leagues to develop their "Home Grown" Talent. Naija haven't invested in their youth.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chidera Ejuke

Post by danfo driver »

fabio wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Maybe if he was eligible for another country...
That’s exactly how they operate if he was Dutch or especially English born Pinnick would’ve been sleeping outside his dads work place!
He needs to move to the English Champions and so that our special software can capture him.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The software no get eye reach Holland ni?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:This kid is a better player than Eze abeg, we're just too obsessed/biased in favor of the "foreign brands". Convert Chidera to a CAM (a position he has played to good effect at his club), and watch him flourish.
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

The question is, why are these HB talents not proving themselves on the green grass when given the opportunity?
Somebody pls tell me.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Now you are beginning to sound ridiculous. I know how intelligent you are, so i know that you are doing this on purpose. Everyone knows the real issue. I you want to obfuscate it, so it fits your narrative, then fine. But everyone can see it and we know what it is.

He said Ndidi, Etebo, Collins and Chukwueze is foreign brand :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Odiegwu!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

txj wrote:I think he deserves an invite.

However it needs to be understood that players like this who depend almost completely on the dribble run can be hit and miss.

I watched him quite a bit this season before the stoppages.

My concern for him is a lack of intelligent movement to find/create space, and to unbalance the opponent without reliance on the 1v1 dribble, valuable as that quality is.

I'm also concerned about his mentality when things do not come off well for him in a game...
Absolutely, read my mind
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

Somebody pls tell me.
I strongly suspect you already know the answer to the question you posed. We've been over this countless times. Nurturing of talent is far and away removed from identification. Nigerian football is just a feeder league to European leagues and else where. The lack of access to facilities and training expertise is one of the other reasons. Essentially, Naija rely on other leagues to develop their "Home Grown" Talent. Naija haven't invested in their youth.
Key point is "when given the opportunity".
Its a rhetorical question.
Yes, we know the answer. We've seen the results at CHAN and WAFU.
So why the objection to capturing foreign born Nigerians that have the developmental exposure ours do not have?

The beef should not be about recruiting foreign-born Nigerians. It should be about our poorly developed league system.
You fight the laws of natural selection at your own peril.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

Somebody pls tell me.
Key point is "when given the opportunity".
Its a rhetorical question.
Yes, we know the answer. We've seen the results at CHAN and WAFU.
So why the objection to capturing foreign born Nigerians that have the developmental exposure ours do not have?

The beef should not be about recruiting foreign-born Nigerians. It should be about our poorly developed league system.
You fight the laws of natural selection at your own peril.
Uncle, to the best of my knowledge, NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE has this beef.

The only issue here is how those born in Nigeria are told to "wait your turn," "Who will I drop from the team?' and "soon!" While those who were born abroad, even if they play for div 3 teams told "welcome!"

Does this concern you??? That is the sole problem.

I am happy to clarify it further, if you'd like.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Like Ndidi.
Like Etebo.
Like Collins
Like Chukwueze

Unlike John Lazarus
Unlike Samuel Matthias
Unlike Abdulkarim Mumini
Unlike Ugochukwu Ugwuoke

Somebody pls tell me.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Now you are beginning to sound ridiculous. I know how intelligent you are, so i know that you are doing this on purpose. Everyone knows the real issue. I you want to obfuscate it, so it fits your narrative, then fine. But everyone can see it and we know what it is.

He said Ndidi, Etebo, Collins and Chukwueze is foreign brand :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Odiegwu!
I am not at all convinced by your tears for home-based footballers.
They are being kept out by both foreign-based and foreign-borns.
Differentiating them is simply academic and their presence has an identical impact on the local players you bleeding hearts are forever wailing about. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Ultimately, it still comes down to a poor local league.
Which is not and has never been in dispute.

Ndidi, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Etebo do NOTHING to further the cause of our local league. They do more to promote the Leicesters and Villareals of this world.
They might as well have been born abroad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:I am not at all convinced by your tears for home-based footballers.
:rotf: :rotf: Like I said, you are an intelligent man so I know you are doing this on purpose.

I have NEVER mentioned "home-based footballers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They are being kept out by both foreign-based and foreign-borns.
Okay.
Differentiating them is simply academic and their presence has an identical impact on the local players you bleeding hearts are forever wailing about. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Again, I have NEVER mentioned "local players," but I recognize your decision to pretend that you have no clue what I am talking about. its cute. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ultimately, it still comes down to a poor local league.
I dont care about the league. I have NEVER mentioned the Nigerian league But continue. :lol: :lol:
Ndidi, Chukwueze, Ejuke, Etebo do NOTHING to further the cause of our local league. They do more to promote the Leicesters and Villareals of this world.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

At this point, I am just praying to God that you are doing this on purpose because if you arent, this is scary.
They might as well have been born abroad.
Okay.

Now, I return back to my issue.

Do you think its okay for a player who was born in Nigeria to be told "soon" "later" "who can we drop for you," while a player born outside Nigeria is told "welcome" "we have space" "please, we love you, pick us?"

Feel free to play your game again and pretend that you have no idea what I am talking about and feel free to mention "Home based players" "Local League" etc etc... when you do, I will direct your attention to my question again. :D :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Now, I return back to my issue.
Do you think its okay for a player who was born in Nigeria to be told "soon" "later" "who can we drop for you," while a player born outside Nigeria is told "welcome" "we have space" "please, we love you, pick us?"
You have manufactured this scenario like I have told you before.
You are referring to a rhetorical one-off throwaway comment to KoC re Ejuke and have proceeded to develop and write your own script with Ejaria and Rohr as supporting cast. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tell us how you got this info and who from.

Is it the same source that told you SE legend Yobo "slept his way" into the assistant coaching job?
Or is it your source that told you Enyeama "bribed his cohorts to get him into the Eagles" and also used "other unscrupulous methods"?
Do you need the links as a reminder? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Don't come here and start asking me foolish questions. Like I told you last year, your love for the SE is not in doubt. Its your credibility that is the problem.

But Nollywood is looking for good scriptwriters.
They "have space". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk just exit the thread, you've been flogged
..kai
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Damunk just exist the thread, you've been flogged
..kai
You're back.
Your teammate needs you!
But try and rep him well.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just looking out for you during these trying times...however I have noticed you now manufacture some sort of "beef" us against them...

Hang in there damunk, hang in there
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Just looking out for you during these trying times...however I have noticed you now manufacture some sort of "beef" us against them...

Hang in there damunk, hang in there
I will try. :D
Beef is not in my online diet.
You should know that by now.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
You are referring to a rhetorical one-off throwaway comment to KoC re Ejuke and have proceeded to develop and write your own script with Ejaria and Rohr as supporting cast. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Is it the same source that told you SE legend Yobo "slept his way" into the assistant coaching job?
Or is it your source that told you Enyeama "bribed his cohorts to get him into the Eagles" and also used "other unscrupulous methods"?

Don't come here and start asking me foolish questions. Like I told you last year, your love for the SE is not in doubt. Its your credibility that is the problem.

:rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
Kai :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:You have manufactured this scenario like I have told you before.
Not entirely true. Yes, from that twitter, but to be clear, I am making abroad statement to include ROhr and his supporters. Olu literally just said the same thing that "Ejuke's time will come soon." But then go to Billings thread, with everyone jumping all over each other trying to touch his boots. :lol: :lol:
Don't come here and start asking me foolish questions.

My question is fair and should be answered, Do you think a Nigerian born abroad and a Nigerian born in Nigeria should be given the same opportunity to play for Nigeria?
Its your credibility that is the problem.
Bro, this is Cybereagles-- a forum I use to kill boredom, :lol: :lol: :lol: I am not concerned about my credibility here. My off-line credibility on the other hand? Its unmatched.
Although I am a fantastic writer, I wouldn't be in a position to work in an industry that is incapable of affording my services.

But this is good conversation, lets return back to my question:

Do you think its okay for a player who was born in Nigeria to be told "soon" "later" "who can we drop for you," while a player born outside Nigeria is told "welcome" "we have space" "please, we love you, pick us?" :D
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:But this is good conversation, lets return back to my question:

Do you think its okay for a player who was born in Nigeria to be told "soon" "later" "who can we drop for you," while a player born outside Nigeria is told "welcome" "we have space" "please, we love you, pick us?" :D
Okay, we are serious now. No more one-upmanship.
The answer is simple
ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, I would NOT find it okay at all!
But I wouldn't find it okay if the reverse were the case either.
Would you? :idea:

When we lost David Alaba, the reverse was pretty much what happened.
Did you think that was okay?
I suspect not.

Likewise, the parents of that US youth that didn't make the Naija U17 (or was it U20) team a few years ago, kind of suggested their son was discriminated against because he wasn't a local Nigerian and then proceeded to allege bribery.
That too was an unacceptable situation either way.

So the answer to your question is: IT IS NOT ACCCEPTABLE.

However, let us remember that two players are never identical and one player being told "we have space" while another is told "wait, first" could be down to several factors in the coach's thinking which you may or may not agree with.

I am ready to bet you that Ejuke's time is very close.
This was the same noise we made about Onyekuru and the delay in inviting him.
Now we can see that maybe he wasn't quite that Special One he was touted by many to be.
Maybe Rohr saw something we didn't see?
Or didn't see the thing we swore we were seeing?
Are you ready to concede that? :taunt:

Bottom line bro.... that's why he gets paid and we don't. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:When we lost David Alaba, the reverse was pretty much what happened.
I suspect not.
Not sure I understand. My knwoledge is that Alaba was lost because he was asked for a bribe, which he refused to pay. Why would anyone find this okay?

However, if Alaba was lost because at 17 he wasnt good enough for the Super Eagles and he then decides to play for Austria, I AM VERY VERY OKAY WITH THAT!

So the answer to your question is: IT IS NOT ACCCEPTABLE.
Okay
However, let us remember that two players are never identical and one player being told "we have space" while another is told "wait, first" could be down to several factors in the coach's thinking which you may or may not agree with.
You are speaking like this is an isolated incident. Aribo, Aina, Ebuehi, Ehizibue, Ejaria, Eze, Billings etc etc all seem to find space when there is no space. :lol: :lol:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:When we lost David Alaba, the reverse was pretty much what happened.
I suspect not.
Not sure I understand. My knwoledge is that Alaba was lost because he was asked for a bribe, which he refused to pay. Why would anyone find this okay?
No.
He came out (relatively recently in fact) to deny the bribe story.
Another case of 'credible' fake news.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I suspect not.
No.
Okay.

If thats the case, then I am comfortable with Alaba winning world cups with Austria. If he wanted to play for Nigeria, he would be playing for Nigeria today. He chose to play for Austria as a 17 year old.

I cant speak for you; but for me, the Nigerian shirt is gold! For a player to put it on, that player needs to deserve it. Every time a sh.1t player wears our shirt, its a stain on the shirt. To be called a "Nigerian international" is a privilege and it should be an exclusive privilege.

You are afraid of missing out on "Alabas." I am NOT! Alaba chose Austria and the world did not end! Nigeria went on and won an ANC, while Alaba went on and won? I couldnt care less if we had a chance to cap Messi and because he couldnt wait, he decided to play for Argentina. Look at Diego Costa, he got upset with Scolari and decided to play for Spain instead. Look at his international career? Even if he was successful, would the Brazilians care?

The shirt is more important than any living person. Anyone who wants to play for Nigeria, will play for Nigeria. Its that simple.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
I suspect not.
No.
Okay.

If thats the case, then I am comfortable with Alaba winning world cups with Austria. If he wanted to play for Nigeria, he would be playing for Nigeria today. He chose to play for Austria as a 17 year old.
He wanted to play for Nigeria but we "rejected" him.
Alaba, one of the world's best fullbacks is a Nigeria "reject" - to use the derogatory language that comes out of your camp. :D
If we had embraced him, he probably woulda quickly become a full Super Eagle and would even more probably be your beloved SE captain right now, in whom you'd be well pleased. :D
The lesson here: go uncompromisingly for everything that's yours. You'll win some, you'll lose some.
But don't bring silly sentiment into it and end up cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I cant speak for you; but for me, the Nigerian shirt is gold! For a player to put it on, that player needs to deserve it. Every time a sh.1t player wears our shirt, its a stain on the shirt. To be called a "Nigerian international" is a privilege and it should be an exclusive privilege.
So we can agree on this.
The problem is that your love and desire for quality SE players and your dislike for foreign-born player dominance are in conflict. So you resolve it by moralising about the unfairness meted out to these faceless, nameless local (real?) Nigerian 'stars' who are being frozen out. Then to rationalise this conflict further you seize on a throwaway comment on a single Nigerian-born, foreign-based player and present it as representative of the norm.
This is classic cognitive dissonance and how individuals deal with it.
You are afraid of missing out on "Alabas." I am NOT! Alaba chose Austria and the world did not end! Nigeria went on and won an ANC, while Alaba went on and won? I couldnt care less if we had a chance to cap Messi and because he couldnt wait, he decided to play for Argentina.
Your use of the word 'afraid' is purely emotive, for effect. Nobody is 'afraid'. People just want to be proactive, 'aware', 'on the ball'....call it what you want.
But your indifference to losing a Messi or an Alaba contradicts your stated position anyway. The reality is that no player is going to wait for ever for a call up. If it doesn't come, or comes too late becos another opportunity arises, they will go wherever the opportunity presents itself.

That's what happened to Alaba. He was capped at 17 by Austria after Nigeria passed him by. For you to say you are indifferent to missing out on one of the best full backs of his generation (due to Nigeria's"indifference") contradicts your avowed desire for the SE to be the best they can be.
So its not anything to do with being "afraid".
Its about learning from your mistakes and not wanting to repeat them.
Look at Diego Costa, he got upset with Scolari and decided to play for Spain instead. Look at his international career? Even if he was successful, would the Brazilians care?
They would certainly care if they didn't have better replacements.
I dont know, but he probably switched allegiance becos he couldn't make the Brazilian squad.
Brazil has an abundance - in fact, more like an 'embarrassment' - of riches.
We don't.
The shirt is more important than any living person.
Of course the shirt is.
We agree on that too.
Anyone who wants to play for Nigeria, will play for Nigeria. Its that simple.
A fallacy. Very romantic, but not true.
Its like the saying 'for every man there's a woman' and vice versa.
You and I know that it doesn't really work that way, but its a nice fairy tale to tell our children.

The modern game is played in a 'He who dares, wins' arena.
If you too siddon look, my brother, you go loss. :idea:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:He wanted to play for Nigeria but we "rejected" him.
This is our right. If a 17 year old is not good enough to play for us, then he will NOT be picked. Simple as that. He can either wait until he is good enough, or play for another country.
Alaba, one of the world's best fullbacks is a Nigeria "reject" - to use the derogatory language that comes out of your camp. :D
If we had embraced him, he probably woulda quickly become a full Super Eagle and would even more probably be your beloved SE captain right now, in whom you'd be well pleased. :D
The lesson here: go uncompromisingly for everything that's yours. You'll win some, you'll lose some.
But don't bring silly sentiment into it and end up cutting off your nose to spite your face.
I am sorry but we cant cap a 17 year old who is NOT good enough. We simply cannot do that. Was Alaba the best left back in the world when we rejected him?
The problem is that your love and desire for quality SE players and your dislike for foreign-born player[/b] dominance are in conflict. So you resolve it by moralising about the unfairness meted out to these faceless, nameless local (real?) Nigerian 'stars' who are being frozen out. Then to rationalise this conflict further you seize on a throwaway comment on a single Nigerian-born, foreign-based player and present it as representative of the norm.
This is classic cognitive dissonance and how individuals deal with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are a funny guy.

Like I said, you are intelligent, so I know for a fact that you know what you are doing. :lol: :lol: :lol: funny kid!

The reality is that no player is going to wait for ever for a call up. If it doesn't come, or comes too late becos another opportunity arises, they will go wherever the opportunity presents itself.

This is actually factually incorrect. Many have waited for ever for a call up. Many waited and the call up never came and they didnt run to another country.

That said, no one is asking anyone to wait until the person is 30. We are simply not going to cap a 17 year old who is NOT good enough, at the off chance that he becomes good enough. We have team building to prioritize and trophies to win. When he becomes good enough, he will be selected ON MERIT.

That's what happened to Alaba. He was capped at 17 by Austria after Nigeria passed him by. For you to say you are indifferent to missing out on one of the best full backs of his generation (due to Nigeria's"indifference") contradicts your avowed desire for the SE to be the best they can be.

He was capped by Austria at 17 because he was their best left back at that age.

Alaba accepted Austria AT 17 because he wanted to pay for Austria. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: A player decides his international career at 17 and you are wondering about where his mind is?? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I dont know, but he probably switched allegiance becos he couldn't make the Brazilian squad.
Brazil has an abundance - in fact, more like an 'embarrassment' - of riches.
We don't.

False.

You and I know that it doesn't really work that way, but its a nice fairy tale to tell our children.

Actually it does. Its actually factual! There are hundreds of players in that situation right now in the world.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Danfo what stops us from capping a player as a preventive measure? We did it for Iwobi. The same year they capped Alaba we brought in Aluko, Adefemi (RIP) and Echiejile all arguably inferior players and more importantly lesser rated talents.