Did Liverpool Try to Sign Samuel Chukwueze?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Did Liverpool Try to Sign Samuel Chukwueze?

Post by txj »

Recent 9th in the Kopa Trophy for the best player under the age of 21 on the planet, the Nigerian winger appeals to Liverpool. The leaders of the Reds tried to attract it this winter.

Do you know Samuel Chukwueze? His talent has not escaped the eye of a certain Lionel Messi. In December, the sixfold Ballon d'Or France Football placed him in third place in his vote at the Kopa Trophy, an award reserved for players under 21 years of age. The Argentinian is not the only one to love the Nigerian offensive from Villareal.

Several major European clubs are also fans. While only living his second La Liga season, this 20-year-old left winger with a silky ball touch, revelation of the U17 World Cup in 2015 (7 goals in 7 matches), discovered himself during the winter transfer window a courtier like no other: Liverpool. The Reds clearly pinch for the former of the Diamond Football Academy in Lagos, which perfectly matches the identified needs of the current Premier League leader.

The Japanese Takumi Minamino arrived this winter from Salzburg to assist Roberto Firmino; on the left, Divock Origi or even Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are regularly used to blow Sadio Mané; but on the right, doubt remains. Xherdan Shaqiri no longer really enters the plans of coach Jürgen Klopp, who therefore has no real solution to make up for a possible absence of Mohamed Salah.

In all discretion, Liverpool therefore went on the attack this winter by making an offer of 35 million euros for Chukwueze. In vain. It will therefore cost more to convince Villarreal. The yellow submarine awaits an offer up to the release clause of its pearl, under contract until June 2023. It will therefore be necessary to spend 65 million euros to recruit it, whether it be Liverpool or Chelsea.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Les- ... ze/1108316
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did Liverpool Try to Sign Samuel Chukwueze?

Post by Scipio Africanus »

According to the article they did.

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He would chop bench taya but Klopp would do wonders for his game.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Liverpool target Samuel Chukwueze names Prem hero as price tag is set

Villarreal will be seeking a club-record fee for Nigeria winger Samuel Chukwueze after Liverpool were reported to have had a €35m offer for the winger rebuffed in the January window.

According to France Football the Premier League leaders made an offer for the player, but were rebuffed by the LaLiga outfit and it’s since been claimed that the Reds have been told it will take a fee of €65m (£60m) to poach the 20-year-old away from the right winger away from El Madrigal.

And while that would represent a club-record fee received by the Yellow Submarine, they are determined to stick by their valuation with the 13-times capped Nigeria international contracted to the club until 2023.

Even so, the Daily Express claims Jurgen Klopp and Co are considering whether to raise their bid offer in the summer with Chukwueze of particular interest to the Premier League champions-elect for his ability to cut in with his left foot from the right flank and his ability to unlock defences.

The 20-year-old Nigeria international was linked with Liverpool last summer, but he played down the interest at the time.

“I am aware that there are several interested teams, but I am still a Villarreal player and there is nothing concrete,” he told Marca.

Chukwueze, who has four goals and four assists this season, told Tribal Football in May, however, that playing in the Premier League remains one of his career goals.

“Playing in England is still an ambition for me,” he admitted. “I need to keep on working hard and to keep improving. I really want to play in England.

“It was very close for me to sign for Arsenal, almost had the contract in my hands. Unfortunately, it did not work out fine with my academy due to the side of agreement and payment. They did not agree with the terms of the contract.”

Chukwueze grew up hero-worshipping former Chelsea winger Arjen Robben, who he shares similar attributes with.

“He’s [Robben] the king, to me,” Chukwueze told Goal. “He’s the perfect player. I watch so many YouTube clips of him, and there are so many things I can learn from watching him.

“On the way to games, even now, I will still stick on clips of Robben and watch his goals, his dribbling. He’s my inspiration, one of the greatest.

“I like to be me, and of course you have to be yourself, but you need to learn from people like him. What a player!”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/liverpool ... tag-is-set
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Liverpool will have to offer more money before my team man united offer 10M plus add-ons :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote:According to the article they did.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:He would chop bench taya but Klopp would do wonders for his game.
Not if he is willing to fight for a place and work for it.

He'll of course start on the bench, cus Klopp eases new players in slowly. See Fabinho, Ox and now Minamino...

Klopp/Liverpool will expand his game well beyond his current level...

But quite doubtful with the AFCON situation given the number of African players in the team...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
But quite doubtful with the AFCON situation given the number of African players in the team...
Care to expand? :dream:

Anyway, he's also linked with Chelsea possibly as a more affordable option to Sancho. At 60 mill, he's well within range and reasonably priced in today’s market compared to Sancho's potential 100+ price tag.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

He turn Liverpool down thanks to Danfo calling his father
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Chelsea are more likely to meet his buyout clause these summer
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Tobi17 wrote:Chelsea are more likely to meet his buyout clause these summer

Very unserious club right now.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

marko wrote:Liverpool will have to offer more money before my team man united offer 10M plus add-ons :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
United won’t go for him they’ll try to get some Scottish kid.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

Anyway, he's also linked with Chelsea possibly as a more affordable option to Sancho. At 60 mill, he's well within range and reasonably priced in today’s market compared to Sancho's potential 100+ price tag.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abi?!

Remember when Chelsea had Drogba, Essien, Mikel, Geremi etc etc in the squad?

Chelsea should let Willian go. And exit Pedro. Then bring in Chukwueze and Sancho.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
marko wrote:Liverpool will have to offer more money before my team man united offer 10M plus add-ons :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
United won’t go for him they’ll try to get some Scottish kid.
DNA!!!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Daily mail reported that they are already preparing a 160 million pound deal for Grealish and Maddison. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chelsea IS. The word is "IS" and not "ARE", since Chelsea is ONE entity. :oops:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: abi?!

Remember when Chelsea had Drogba, Essien, Mikel, Geremi etc etc in the squad?

Chelsea should let Willian go. And exit Pedro. Then bring in Chukwueze and Sancho.
and Salomon Kalou who was a regular during his years at Chelsea. No mind Txj. :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

LFC will lose the likes of Mane and Salah to AFCON as you know; plus the Brazilians. Add to that the Olympics.

They will factor AFCON in the consideration of transfer of any African player. Not saying they will not sign an African player, but it will be part of what they consider in making a decision.

Strong rumor about Timo Werner as an option in wide areas, central striker and a #10....

I think Chelsea already decided on Ziyech...Also, times have changed. Chelsea cannot afford the squad depth/size that allowed them accommodate that number of AFCON departures...

In any case, doubt LFC will pay $60m for him.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bros how old you be sef? OK do you want a cookie? :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bros how old you be sef? OK do you want a cookie? :rotf:
You are a number brother, and I am tired of you number brothers. :oops: :roll:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

LFC will lose the likes of Mane and Salah to AFCON as you know; plus the Brazilians. Add to that the Olympics.

They will factor AFCON in the consideration of transfer of any African player. Not saying they will not sign an African player, but it will be part of what they consider in making a decision.

Strong rumor about Timo Werner as an option in wide areas, central striker and a #10....

I think Chelsea already decided on Ziyech...Also, times have changed. Chelsea cannot afford the squad depth/size that allowed them accommodate that number of AFCON departures...

Which squad depth? Chelsea doesn't have any Africans in their first team. Also, the last time I checked, Ziyech was an African from Morroco? :dream:

My brother, my point is if a club feels you are good enough to help their team win and the price makes sense for the deal, they will buy the player. That said, there is still room to add chukwuezi if they choose to given Ziyech can operate centrally in a 4231 and coupled with the fact that both Pedro and Willian are out of contracts after this season and over 30. So there is room for Ziyech and Chukwuezi should they decide to go after him.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

Which squad depth? Chelsea doesn't have any Africans in their first team. Also, the last time I checked, Ziyech was an African from Morroco? :dream:

My brother, my point is if a club feels you are good enough to help their team win and the price makes sense for the deal, they will buy the player. That said, there is still room to add chukwuezi if they choose to given Ziyech can operate centrally in a 4231 and coupled with the fact that both Pedro and Willian are out of contracts after this season and over 30. So there is room for Ziyech and Chukwuezi should they decide to go after him.
I think you miss my point. The squad depth back then is what allowed Chelsea accommodate that many departures to AFCON.

Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwueze

Like I told you on a different thread, Klopp has already stated that AFCON will be a factor (not THE factor) in his decision making on African players. That is simply the fact of the matter...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:

I think you miss my point. The squad depth back then is what allowed Chelsea accommodate that many departures to AFCON.

Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwueze

Like I told you on a different thread, Klopp has already stated that AFCON will be a factor (not THE factor) in his decision making on African players. That is simply the fact of the matter...
If it's 'a factor' then why did Liverpool supposedly bid 38 mill for chukwuezi? Surely it's not that much of a factor as Klopp has you believing.

With respect to Chelsea, yes they had depth but no cover can substitute the losses of Drogba (really?); Essien and Mikel plus Kalou who were regular starters. For instance, at a point Mikel and Essien rotated at DM for Ancelotti only for both to be gone for the ANC in 2010. He then had to make do with an AM, Deco, as his 'DM'. Anelka (usually deployed as wide forward) played CF but they had to change their attack & formation to better suit him. Etc. Etc. They won the league that season on the last day.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwuezi..
I feel it hinges on the possibility of Chelsea getting Sancho this summer. If they are able to get Sancho, that all but closes the door on the Chukwuezi option. If Sancho falls thru, they will happily cough out the 60M for the 'cheaper' chukwuezi.