Did Liverpool Try to Sign Samuel Chukwueze?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Did Liverpool Try to Sign Samuel Chukwueze?

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
But quite doubtful with the AFCON situation given the number of African players in the team...
Care to expand? :dream:

Anyway, he's also linked with Chelsea possibly as a more affordable option to Sancho. At 60 mill, he's well within range and reasonably priced in today’s market compared to Sancho's potential 100+ price tag.
LFC will lose the likes of Mane and Salah to AFCON as you know; plus the Brazilians. Add to that the Olympics.

They will factor AFCON in the consideration of transfer of any African player. Not saying they will not sign an African player, but it will be part of what they consider in making a decision.

Strong rumor about Timo Werner as an option in wide areas, central striker and a #10....

I think Chelsea already decided on Ziyech...Also, times have changed. Chelsea cannot afford the squad depth/size that allowed them accommodate that number of AFCON departures...

In any case, doubt LFC will pay $60m for him.
Which squad depth? Chelsea doesn't have any Africans in their first team. Also, the last time I checked, Ziyech was an African from Morroco? :dream:

My brother, my point is if a club feels you are good enough to help their team win and the price makes sense for the deal, they will buy the player. That said, there is still room to add chukwuezi if they choose to given Ziyech can operate centrally in a 4231 and coupled with the fact that both Pedro and Willian are out of contracts after this season and over 30. So there is room for Ziyech and Chukwuezi should they decide to go after him.
I think you miss my point. The squad depth back then is what allowed Chelsea accommodate that many departures to AFCON.

Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwueze

Like I told you on a different thread, Klopp has already stated that AFCON will be a factor (not THE factor) in his decision making on African players. That is simply the fact of the matter...
If it's 'a factor' then why did Liverpool supposedly bid 38 mill for chukwuezi? Surely it's not that much of a factor as Klopp has you believing.

With respect to Chelsea, yes they had depth but no cover can substitute the losses of Drogba (really?); Essien and Mikel plus Kalou who were regular starters. For instance, at a point Mikel and Essien rotated at DM for Ancelotti only for both to be gone for the ANC in 2010. He then had to make do with an AM, Deco, as his 'DM'. Anelka (usually deployed as wide forward) played CF but they had to change their attack & formation to better suit him. Etc. Etc. They won the league that season on the last day.
I can only go by what Klopp said.

Plus, its just come out that they are looking at Timo Werner in that same role...

On Chelsea, my point is that they probably cannot afford that many African players on their books.

Whether we like it or not, it will be a factor. And it will vary from one team to another; and from player to player...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
But quite doubtful with the AFCON situation given the number of African players in the team...
Care to expand? :dream:

Anyway, he's also linked with Chelsea possibly as a more affordable option to Sancho. At 60 mill, he's well within range and reasonably priced in today’s market compared to Sancho's potential 100+ price tag.
LFC will lose the likes of Mane and Salah to AFCON as you know; plus the Brazilians. Add to that the Olympics.

They will factor AFCON in the consideration of transfer of any African player. Not saying they will not sign an African player, but it will be part of what they consider in making a decision.

Strong rumor about Timo Werner as an option in wide areas, central striker and a #10....

I think Chelsea already decided on Ziyech...Also, times have changed. Chelsea cannot afford the squad depth/size that allowed them accommodate that number of AFCON departures...

In any case, doubt LFC will pay $60m for him.
Which squad depth? Chelsea doesn't have any Africans in their first team. Also, the last time I checked, Ziyech was an African from Morroco? :dream:

My brother, my point is if a club feels you are good enough to help their team win and the price makes sense for the deal, they will buy the player. That said, there is still room to add chukwuezi if they choose to given Ziyech can operate centrally in a 4231 and coupled with the fact that both Pedro and Willian are out of contracts after this season and over 30. So there is room for Ziyech and Chukwuezi should they decide to go after him.
I think you miss my point. The squad depth back then is what allowed Chelsea accommodate that many departures to AFCON.

Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwueze

Like I told you on a different thread, Klopp has already stated that AFCON will be a factor (not THE factor) in his decision making on African players. That is simply the fact of the matter...
If it's 'a factor' then why did Liverpool supposedly bid 38 mill for chukwuezi? Surely it's not that much of a factor as Klopp has you believing.

With respect to Chelsea, yes they had depth but no cover can substitute the losses of Drogba (really?); Essien and Mikel plus Kalou who were regular starters. For instance, at a point Mikel and Essien rotated at DM for Ancelotti only for both to be gone for the ANC in 2010. He then had to make do with an AM, Deco, as his 'DM'. Anelka (usually deployed as wide forward) played CF but they had to change their attack & formation to better suit him. Etc. Etc. They won the league that season on the last day.
I can only go by what Klopp said.

Plus, its just come out that they are looking at Timo Werner in that same role...

On Chelsea, my point is that they probably cannot afford that many African players on their books.

Whether we like it or not, it will be a factor. And it will vary from one team to another; and from player to player...
Possibly when they made the offer (if at all they did) it was before the announcement that AFCON dates will change back to January so it wasnt a factor then.

I will personnally hope they buy Werner. I wasnt so sold on him the last time we were rumored to be interested but he has shown excellent form this season. Plus the supposed release clause of around £50M will be very good business in todays market.

TXJ - what do you think of Minamino?

to me he has looked average in the games he has played so far and it looks to me he is going to need a very long time to adapt to the EPL.
YNWA
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

heavyd wrote:Possibly when they made the offer (if at all they did) it was before the announcement that AFCON dates will change back to January so it wasnt a factor then.

I will personnally hope they buy Werner. I wasnt so sold on him the last time we were rumored to be interested but he has shown excellent form this season. Plus the supposed release clause of around £50M will be very good business in todays market.

TXJ - what do you think of Minamino?

to me he has looked average in the games he has played so far and it looks to me he is going to need a very long time to adapt to the EPL.
You are probably right. I forgot about the timeline...

On Takumi, they all need time to adapt to the EPL and to Klopp's system.

Fabinho similarly looked average early on.

Agree with you on Werner; watched him against Munich last weekend; he was very good, even with the chances he missed!

I think he'll be a hit at LFC...he's a very clever player...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

lol at Nigerians Flexing muscle online. when a leading coach tells you that Afcon held in January will be a factor in buying African players you better believe Him. trust me, There are coaches that aren't saying anything but best believe me "They will not Sign African players" for now. it's not about chest beating online or Bragging unfortunately, We need them more than they need us and for that reason, we have to be Humble.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
Could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I'll say the decision on Ziyech means they are going in a different direction from Chukwuezi..
I feel it hinges on the possibility of Chelsea getting Sancho this summer. If they are able to get Sancho, that all but closes the door on the Chukwuezi option. If Sancho falls thru, they will happily cough out the 60M for the 'cheaper' chukwuezi.
Chelsea is an unstable club that win look for a new manager sooner or later as they have no plans.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51474234

Chelsea signs another African :D so much about Afcon and January :rotf: txj. Just exit the thread
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

john12 wrote:lol at Nigerians Flexing muscle online. when a leading coach tells you that Afcon held in January will be a factor in buying African players you better believe Him. trust me, There are coaches that aren't saying anything but best believe me "They will not Sign African players" for now. it's not about chest beating online or Bragging unfortunately, We need them more than they need us and for that reason, we have to be Humble.
I think things will become clearer after the next tournament.

But teams will still buy African players...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj stop digging, the EPL now has a winter break... AFCON 2021 starts Jan 9th and ends FEB 6th
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:Chelsea are more likely to meet his buyout clause these summer
Chelsea IS. The word is "IS" and not "ARE", since Chelsea is ONE entity. :oops:
One can use "is" or "are".
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.