Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
Let us look at how things are shaping up in 2020 and Beyond. I don't think SE has had this much overall depth in a long time, if ever. Gone are the days where junk players find their way into the team. Bold Players have not yet officially been switched over from other nationalities. Underlined players have retired and may possibly come back. Players are listed in order of rank.

STRIKERS

Victor Osimehn-21
Odion Ighalo-30
Cyriel Dessers-25
Kelechi Iheanacho-23
Josh Maja-21
Umar Sadiq-23
Paul Onuachu-25
Simy Nwankwo-27


WINGERS/WIDE STRIKERS

Samuel Chukwueze-20
Victor Moses-29
Samuel Kalu-22
Simon Moses-24
Chidera Ejuke-22
Ahmed Musa-27
Ademola Lookman-22
Emmanuel Dennis-22
Henry Onyekuru-22
David Okereke-22
Peter Olayinka-24


ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Alex Iwobi-23
Eberechi Eze-21

CENTER & DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi-23
Ovie Ejaria-22
Joe Aribo-23
Peter Etebo-24
Ramon Azeez-27
Mikel Agu-26
Ogenyi Onazi-27
Azuibikwe Okechukwu-22
Kingsley Michael-20
Anderson Esiti-25

CENTRE BACKS

William Troost Ekong-26
Semi Ajayi-26
Kenneth Omeruo-26
Chidozie Awaziem-23
Tosin Adarabiroyio-22
Leon Balogun-30
Valentine Ozornwafor-20

RIGHT BACKS

Kingsley Ehizibue-24

Ola Aina-23
Tyrone Ebuehi-24
Moses Odubajo-26
Shehu Abdullahi-26

LEFT BACKS

Jamilu Collins-25
Brian Idowu-27
Ikouwem Udo-20

GOALKEEPERS

Francis Uzoho-21
Daniel Akpeyi-33
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-31
Maduka Okoye-20


Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 6314
Location: Ajegunle
Add the pending 5 and the list would be very decent.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3393
all these players listed and none are playing at a Big team or Historical big team. Tomorrow na thunder go fire anyone wey go expect Rohr to reach World cup Semifinals


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14871
Location: South London
vancity eagle wrote:
Let us look at how things are shaping up in 2020 and Beyond. I don't think SE has had this much overall depth in a long time, if ever. Gone are the days where junk players find their way into the team. Bold Players have not yet officially been switched over from other nationalities. Underlined players have retired and may possibly come back. Players are listed in order of rank.

STRIKERS

Victor Osimehn-21
Odion Ighalo-30
Cyriel Dessers-25
Kelechi Iheanacho-23
Josh Maja-21
Umar Sadiq-23
Paul Onuachu-25
Simy Nwankwo-27


WINGERS/WIDE STRIKERS

Samuel Chukwueze-20
Victor Moses-29
Samuel Kalu-22
Simon Moses-24
Ahmed Musa-27
Ademola Lookman-22
Emmanuel Dennis-22
David Okereke-22
Peter Olayinka-24


ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Alex Iwobi-23
Eberechi Eze-21

CENTER & DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi-23
Ovie Ejaria-22
Joe Aribo-23
Peter Etebo-24
Ramon Azeez-27
Mikel Agu-26
Ogenyi Onazi-27
Azuibikwe Okechukwu-22
Kingsley Michael-20
Anderson Esiti-25

CENTRE BACKS

William Troost Ekong-26
Semi Ajayi-26
Kenneth Omeruo-26
Chidozie Awaziem-23
Tosin Adarabiroyio-22
Leon Balogun-30
Valentine Ozornwafor-20

RIGHT BACKS

Kingsley Ehizibue-24

Ola Aina-23
Tyrone Ebuehi-24
Moses Odubajo-26
Shehu Abdullahi-26

LEFT BACKS

Jamilu Collins-25
Brian Idowu-27
Ikouwem Udo-20

GOALKEEPERS

Francis Uzoho-21
Daniel Akpeyi-33
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-31
Maduka Okoye-20

Chidera Ejuke still being ignored but we’re waiting on Eze to realise England ain’t begging him :thumb:

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
Eaglezbeak wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Let us look at how things are shaping up in 2020 and Beyond. I don't think SE has had this much overall depth in a long time, if ever. Gone are the days where junk players find their way into the team. Bold Players have not yet officially been switched over from other nationalities. Underlined players have retired and may possibly come back. Players are listed in order of rank.

STRIKERS

Victor Osimehn-21
Odion Ighalo-30
Cyriel Dessers-25
Kelechi Iheanacho-23
Josh Maja-21
Umar Sadiq-23
Paul Onuachu-25
Simy Nwankwo-27


WINGERS/WIDE STRIKERS

Samuel Chukwueze-20
Victor Moses-29
Samuel Kalu-22
Simon Moses-24
Ahmed Musa-27
Ademola Lookman-22
Emmanuel Dennis-22
David Okereke-22
Peter Olayinka-24


ATTACKING MIDFIELDER

Alex Iwobi-23
Eberechi Eze-21

CENTER & DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER

Wilfred Ndidi-23
Ovie Ejaria-22
Joe Aribo-23
Peter Etebo-24
Ramon Azeez-27
Mikel Agu-26
Ogenyi Onazi-27
Azuibikwe Okechukwu-22
Kingsley Michael-20
Anderson Esiti-25

CENTRE BACKS

William Troost Ekong-26
Semi Ajayi-26
Kenneth Omeruo-26
Chidozie Awaziem-23
Tosin Adarabiroyio-22
Leon Balogun-30
Valentine Ozornwafor-20

RIGHT BACKS

Kingsley Ehizibue-24

Ola Aina-23
Tyrone Ebuehi-24
Moses Odubajo-26
Shehu Abdullahi-26

LEFT BACKS

Jamilu Collins-25
Brian Idowu-27
Ikouwem Udo-20

GOALKEEPERS

Francis Uzoho-21
Daniel Akpeyi-33
Ikechukwu Ezenwa-31
Maduka Okoye-20

Chidera Ejuke still being ignored but we’re waiting on Eze to realise England ain’t begging him :thumb:



Forgot about him but is he not a winger ?

I also forgot Onyekuru. How a year changes one's fortunes. Updated the list with these 2 players and ONyekuru is way down the list.


Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
Naija looking like a future world champion

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
This is a team that can definately reach semi finals in 2020 with the right preparations and approach. We really need a few solid keepers though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3393
This is a team that can definately reach semi finals in 2020 with the right preparations and approach. We really need a few solid keepers though.


World cup semi finals LOL Without any player in a Big CLub. CE and DELUSIONALs are 5/6 you think other teams are coming to play games


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
john12 wrote:


World cup semi finals LOL Without any player in a Big CLub. CE and DELUSIONALs are 5/6 you think other teams are coming to play games



Ghana and Costa Rica were both a penalty shootout from making the semis.

which big clubs did their players play for ?

This current SE team is better than both those teams. Football is not mathematics, or which club your players play for.

Also do not mistake my saying that we have the "potential" to make the semis for me EXPECTING them to make it that far. Those are 2 very different things.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
vancity eagle wrote:
This is a team that can definately reach semi finals in 2020 with the right preparations and approach. We really need a few solid keepers though.


Talk about total delusion! :atc:
Even the golden age of naija football (Kanu-Okocha-Oliseh-Keshi-Yekini-Amokachi crew) did not reach the heights of Ghana .....

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
vancity eagle wrote:
john12 wrote:
World cup semi finals LOL Without any player in a Big CLub. CE and DELUSIONALs are 5/6 you think other teams are coming to play games

Ghana and Costa Rica were both a penalty shootout from making the semis.
which big clubs did their players play for ?

This current SE team is better than both those teams. Football is not mathematics, or which club your players play for.

Also do not mistake my saying that we have the "potential" to make the semis for me EXPECTING them to make it that far. Those are 2 very different things.


You see the paradox in the bolded part of your statement?

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3393
Ghana had
Muntari
KPB
Appiah
Annan
Gyan
Ayew
it was their Golden generation. Although, I agree that we have the "potential" is the right word. I just wanted clarity before it becomes Gospel. we have the potential but we're still TIER 3 on world football for now but in football, Anything can happen. The 1st step to Aim is to get our boys at World class clubs playing week in and out with World class players. unfortunately, Anything contrary and your SF is a Dream


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
john12 wrote:
Ghana had
Muntari
KPB
Appiah
Annan
Gyan
Ayew
it was their Golden generation. Although, I agree that we have the "potential" is the right word. I just wanted clarity before it becomes Gospel. we have the potential but we're still TIER 3 on world football for now but in football, Anything can happen. The 1st step to Aim is to get our boys at World class clubs playing week in and out with World class players. unfortunately, Anything contrary and your SF is a Dream


Ghana's golden generation got THEM to the quarter-finals, i.e. best 8 in the world
OUR golden generation lost 1-4 to Denmark

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3686
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.


Naija's last shot was Okocha-Kanu-Yekini-Amokachi etc
My favourite was Benedict Iroha.
Nigerians do not even remember him.

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.



The defenders all played for very mediocre clubs.

That team also had nowhere near the depth of the current SE. They had some very talented players like Gyan, KPB, Ayew, Muntari, Asamoah, but once you got past those few players the team was very mediocre.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3686
Rawlings wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.


Naija's last shot was Okocha-Kanu-Yekini-Amokachi etc
My favourite was Benedict Iroha.
Nigerians do not even remember him.

That Naija 94 generation was sublime but underachieved, I believe these current generation have the character and potential to do better despite not having the same quality as the '94 set.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3686
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.



The defenders all played for very mediocre clubs.

That team also had nowhere near the depth of the current SE. They had some very talented players like Gyan, KPB, Ayew, Muntari, Asamoah, but once you got past those few players the team was very mediocre.

Individually they were not the best out there, but as a team, that coach got them to play some disciplined football.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 8471
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.


The defenders all played for very mediocre clubs.

That team also had nowhere near the depth of the current SE. They had some very talented players like Gyan, KPB, Ayew, Muntari, Asamoah, but once you got past those few players the team was very mediocre.


The Naija team today is very very mediocre. They all play for mediocre clubs.
There is zero talent.
All defenders play for backwater teams
The midfield is just a joke
The best striker, Nacho, cannot even get a regular spot at Leicester

_________________
Okoye -- O. Aina, TroostEkong, Omeruo, C. Awaziem --- Sarenren Bazee, Ndidi, Ogochukwu Frank, Chukwueze --- Iheanacho, Ighalo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3686
Rawlings wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.


The defenders all played for very mediocre clubs.

That team also had nowhere near the depth of the current SE. They had some very talented players like Gyan, KPB, Ayew, Muntari, Asamoah, but once you got past those few players the team was very mediocre.


The Naija team today is very very mediocre. They all play for mediocre clubs.
There is zero talent.
All defenders play for backwater teams
The midfield is just a joke
The best striker, Nacho, cannot even get a regular spot at Leicester

Currently the only teams better than Nigeria in Africa are Senegal and Algeria, Ghana isn't even the conversation for top 7 :rotf:, not sure how you define "mediocre" but almost every SE player is a KEY player for his club, even Nacho coming off the bench has more goals than all the Ghanaian players combined.
. Ndidi - best DM in Europe right now, key player for Leicester
Osimhen - Main guy for Lille
Simon Moses - key player for Nantes
Ebere Eze- key player for QPR
Aribo - important player for Rangers fc
Dessers - one of the highest goal scorers in the Dutch league, key player for his club
Nacho- now a very important player for Leicester, only one Vardy injury or poor form away from been the #1 guy upfront for Leicester
Then the likes of Omeruo, Ekong, Ejaria, Ajayi all important players for their respective clubs and clocking high minutes each game.

Name me one, just one player in your team who's anywhere close to highly rated, besides Partey of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 8145
Chief,
You may also want to add the following, who have officially pledged to the green and white:
1. Chuba Akpom - PAOK Thessaloniki
2. Seyi Ojo - Glasgow Rangers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14608
Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
That 2010 Ghanaian WC team under that Serbian coach was very solid though, talk of stacked in all positions... probably Ghana's last shot at a true golden generation.



The defenders all played for very mediocre clubs.

That team also had nowhere near the depth of the current SE. They had some very talented players like Gyan, KPB, Ayew, Muntari, Asamoah, but once you got past those few players the team was very mediocre.

Individually they were not the best out there, but as a team, that coach got them to play some disciplined football.



but that is my point, that we dont need players at "BIG CLUBS" to do well at the WC

Our current team play for "BIGGER CLUBS" than that Ghana team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40209
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Rawlings wrote:
john12 wrote:
Ghana had
Muntari
KPB
Appiah
Annan
Gyan
Ayew
it was their Golden generation. Although, I agree that we have the "potential" is the right word. I just wanted clarity before it becomes Gospel. we have the potential but we're still TIER 3 on world football for now but in football, Anything can happen. The 1st step to Aim is to get our boys at World class clubs playing week in and out with World class players. unfortunately, Anything contrary and your SF is a Dream


Ghana's golden generation got THEM to the quarter-finals, i.e. best 8 in the world
OUR golden generation lost 1-4 to Denmark


What trophy did Ghana win for that? Talk about celebrating being a loser :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bigpokey24, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, TonyTheTigerKiller and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group