10 observations I would like to make of the Ghana game so far

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 observations I would like to make of the Ghana game so far

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] We appear to be knocking the ball around nicely in midfield
[2] We are retaining possession in midfield very well too. I suspect this is to do with the return of Ndidi
[3] Chigozie Awaziem is offering us the additional option of another one of the centrebacks being able to bring the ball out of defence. At the Nations Cup, only Ajayi was doing that
[4] Benjamin Tanimu has shown a few good touches but let us give him the benefit of the doubt and see him a bit more before judging him
[5] Likewise, I would also like to see a but more of the leftback Bruno Onyemachi before passing judgement on him
[6] This 3-5-2 formation appears to suit us well
[7] My one worry with this formation though is that both Onyeka and Ndidi are anchormen. Neither of them offers that offensive capability to drive forward. Neither is a box-to-box midfielder
[8] Upfront, Dessers and Iheanacho have been very wasteful. Surely if Osimhen and Lookman had been playing we would have been three up by halftime
[9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant. We cannot risk missing two World Cups in a row
[10] This team appears to have legs because the average age is less than usual. We need to gradually wean all the 30-something year olds out ahead of the 2026 World Cup
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg
Re: 10 observations I would like to make of the Ghana game so far

Post by delisyomie don »

those kinds of coaches you mentioning to expensive for NFF. and they will never come to naija.
thanks
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Even before game finish?
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I like the passing. Finidi is a good coach. I will also take Klopp, Guardiola over Finidi. But the reality is Nigeria can't afford them and they want to hire a journey man failure coaches like torrent and Concecao. I would rather have Finidi over journey men mercenary coaches.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even if a local coach fails. Keep hiring and supporting them until they succeed.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

...we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc.
Yeah, I heard the highlighted names have turned the resumes in, with Guardiola
willing to bribe his way to the job. :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm [1] We appear to be knocking the ball around nicely in midfield
[2] We are retaining possession in midfield very well too. I suspect this is to do with the return of Ndidi
[3] Chigozie Awaziem is offering us the additional option of another one of the centrebacks being able to bring the ball out of defence. At the Nations Cup, only Ajayi was doing that
[4] Benjamin Tanimu has shown a few good touches but let us give him the benefit of the doubt and see him a bit more before judging him
[5] Likewise, I would also like to see a but more of the leftback Bruno Onyemachi before passing judgement on him
[7] My one worry with this formation though is that both Onyeka and Ndidi are anchormen. Neither of them offers that offensive capability to drive forward. Neither is a box-to-box midfielder
[8] Upfront, Dessers and Iheanacho have been very wasteful. Surely if Osimhen and Lookman had been playing we would have been three up by halftime
[9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant. We cannot risk missing two World Cups in a row
[10] This team appears to have legs because the average age is less than usual. We need to gradually wean all the 30-something year olds out ahead of the 2026 World Cup
Slave, until Oyinbo anoint the team, it's not good enough. Abi? Did we toy with World Cup when Keshi and Amodu qualified us to the World Cup?
Qualification is based on the individual coaches, the available players and the competence of the NFF. Not a foreign coach or a local coach. I personally prefer the best Nigerian.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

highbury wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:17 pm
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm [1] We appear to be knocking the ball around nicely in midfield
Slave, until Oyinbo anoint the team, it's not good enough. Abi? Did we toy with World Cup when Keshi and Amodu qualified us to the World Cup?
Qualification is based on the individual coaches, the available players and the competence of the NFF. Not a foreign coach or a local coach. I personally prefer the best Nigerian.
You are taking Ayo seriously. You see how he never addresses the fact that we can't afford those coaches. We can't even afford the South African guy and he is dreaming about Mourinho and Klopp. Just laugh and move on.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

packerland wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:29 pm
highbury wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:17 pm
You are taking Ayo seriously. You see how he never addresses the fact that we can't afford those coaches. We can't even afford the South African guy and he is dreaming about Mourinho and Klopp. Just laugh and move on.
Maybe I shouldn't take him seriously. Point taken
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm [9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant. We cannot risk missing two World Cups in a row
Typical you. Just throwing names around without reasoning.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

All good until I read this! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:42 pm All good until I read this! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

[9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm [9] Well done to Finidi for this but I will still not gamble on him. Nigeria cannot afford to play kalo-kalo with our World Cup chances. we need a tried and tested coach like Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guadiola, Zidane, etc. Finidi can be his assistant. We cannot risk missing two World Cups in a row
Which one of Renard, Mourinho, Klopp, Guardiola or Zidane has ever qualified a team for the World Cup? Just asking for a friend🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] The only problem with Nigeria is Nigerians
[2] We are where we are as a nation today because of our negative attitude
[3] As the world’s largest black nation we should be aspiring to win the 2026 World Cup
[4] We can only do that with a world class coach like Guadiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Bielsa, Renard, Lowe, etc
[5] It should shame us that Morocco have got to the semi finals and we have never gone beyond the second round in the World Cup
[6] Ghana, Senegal and Cameroon have all done better than us
[7] My people know that a local coach means unbridled corruption for certain people as the “Hey You” syndrome takes over camp but alas, they still call for it
[8] My people talk about world class coaches being unaffordable. How did poor Uruguay, a nation with less then one quarter of our GDP afford Marcelo Bielsa?
[9] President Obasanjo actually came up with a formula whereby private sector sponsors will pay the manager’s salary. If we are serious, we could activate this tomorrow
[10] If President Tinubu summons about a dozen industrialists to Aso Rock tomorrow and creates a consortium of sponsors, they can afford any coach in the world. What is currently lacking is the political will to win the World Cup!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:50 am [1] The only problem with Nigeria is Nigerians
[3] As the world’s largest black nation we should be aspiring to win the 2026 World Cup
[4] We can only do that with a world class coach like Guadiola, Klopp, Mourinho, Bielsa, Renard, Lowe, etc
[5] It should shame us that Morocco have got to the semi finals and we have never gone beyond the second round in the World Cup
[7] My people know that a local coach means unbridled corruption for certain people as the “Hey You” syndrome takes over camp but alas, they still call for it
[8] My people talk about world class coaches being unaffordable. How did poor Uruguay, a nation with less then one quarter of our GDP afford Marcelo Bielsa?
[9] President Obasanjo actually came up with a formula whereby private sector sponsors will pay the manager’s salary. If we are serious, we could activate this tomorrow
[10] If President Tinubu summons about a dozen industrialists to Aso Rock tomorrow and creates a consortium of sponsors, they can afford any coach in the world. What is currently lacking is the political will to win the World Cup!
Lowe? What, so he can scratch his balls and smell his fingers?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

A local Nigerian coach guarantees corruption and political interference 100%!!! It should be an absolute no, no!

Some of us have been around the NFF long enough to know what happens! We appoint a local coach at our peril!
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Ghana was a weak team without two key players. The friendly was meaningless.

I want to see Nigeria play a top team. England, France, Colombia, Brazil, Spain.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:35 am A local Nigerian coach guarantees corruption and political interference 100%!!! It should be an absolute no, no!

Some of us have been around the NFF long enough to know what happens! We appoint a local coach at our peril!
Pay the local coach his due wages and you reduce the need to make money by all means.

The usual political interference is the same with local coaches as it is with foreign coaches. How can you explain Peseinro inviting Bameyi of Yum Yum FC or the continuous selection of Musa? Like you, I’ve been around the NFF long enough to know what goes on there.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:50 am [1] The only problem with Nigeria is Nigerians
You can say that again. In fact, many on this forum believe you are a classic example of that

I believe it is pretty negative to conclude that no Nigerian is suitable to coach the SuperEagles

I have news for you, Ayo; we are

Perhaps you should answer the question I posed to you earlier regarding these gentlemen you are touting

Morocco has been competing in the World Cup far longer than we have. By the way, winning the World Cup isn’t anyone’s birthright, least of all, Nigeria

Nigeria has had her own unique successes on the international stage

I think corruption is an overused term with respect to Nigerian football. If the likes of Rohr and Peseiro, to you, represent the absence of “unbridled” corruption then that really hasn’t gotten us anywhere, has it?

Uruguay has a population of 4.2 million and therefore, a much superior Income Per Capita which is a more relevant measurement of a nation’s wealth

Pinnick claimed he had sponsors. If it’s that easy to get sponsors, why are we still owing our coaches and players alike?

Tinubu does not need to summon anyone. He can offer to pay the coach with his own ill-gotten wealth
My responses are below your pointers in red🤔❗️

Cheers.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Dessers was totally aweful.
Behind Osimhen we need players like Awonyi or Boniface, or at least Moffi.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

There will be a special place in hell for all those calling for a local coach despite knowing fully well that it will lead to corruption, nepotism, incompetence and failure. I cannot understand how their egoistic principle of Awolokan can be me more important than success!

May the good Lord give me strength. Phew!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:52 pm There will be a special place in hell for all those calling for a local coach despite knowing fully well that it will lead to corruption, nepotism, incompetence and failure. I cannot understand how their egoistic principle of Awolokan can be me more important than success!

May the good Lord give me strength. Phew!!!
Southgate's credentials were no better that Finidi's when he took over the 3 lions. Finidi was with Passerio on the bench throughout the ANC, he is a player every single player in the current squad completely respects (as a champion league winner). He understands 'our' game and even as a player believed that his set was good enough to win the WC in USA'94
The NFA will always be a hindrance to whoever is in the saddle, so that is a constant in the equation.

Let's see how he sets up against Mail. He has been with the team long enough to build on what is on ground and identify what areas to tinker with. He simply needs to add a few seasoned generals to his backroom, like Mike Enamelo.

Nothing is impossible..
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:35 am A local Nigerian coach guarantees corruption and political interference 100%!!! It should be an absolute no, no!

But we know the self appointed Contributing Editor for CE

We know the people fronting as agent to get Robson as SE coach

We know those who wanted to make money from Vogts player selection

We know those that fought over players to be invited to SE by Berti Stash

We know those that use FC to make money all the time.

We know those that will write opinion about a match they did not watch.

We know those the flip flop that they do not know whether Osaze is a striker or not

The problem of the SE is nothing but crooks who are not even qualified agents masquerading as FANS and using CE and the media to promote their agenda :boo:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”