Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:50 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 601
Location: moscow,Russia
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3373
and what makes you even think emenalo will leave chelsea, monaco for an inept incompetent organization?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14348
Location: South London
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17948
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46784
Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.



Uncle, what about the part where they said he got the job over 2 other candidates? I think they just threw in a bunch of names to make up the story. If Emanalo applied for the job, it would have made major headlines.

It's funny how tempered the response to this appointment has been compared to Yobo's. Shame, shame.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18378
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?



Abi o.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9494
Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.


Emenalo was the director at Monaco not PSG, makes me question the validity of the report

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13607
Location: USA
Hard to imagine Emenalo would want that job? For what??? So many downsides

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46784
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:24 pm
Posts: 601
Location: moscow,Russia
Emmenalo is presently in attached. He has left AS Monaco.. Perhaps he could have taken the NFF job with good remenuration and clear job description.
I see Amokachi appointment more as a political stunt, to make peace with Presidency and Sport ministry.
Amokachi was appointed by FGN as Nigerian football ambassador.
So that's the most plausible explaination.

_________________
afc##


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32139
I don't even need to read the story. If I'm Emenalo, what are the benefits of applying for this job?

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43733
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.



Uncle, what about the part where they said he got the job over 2 other candidates? I think they just threw in a bunch of names to make up the story. If Emanalo applied for the job, it would have made major headlines.

It's funny how tempered the response to this appointment has been compared to Yobo's. Shame, shame.

It is all part of the shame, but Yobo"s case is different, he does not even have the qualification for his name to be thrown in the hat my good friend :lol:
But yes if Emenalo applied, unless of he is asking for conditions that NFF cannot meet, he should have been the number 1.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3138
Yobo as asst coach, Amokachi as Technical director... Lol surely these guys are out of ideas.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25824
Emenalo did not apply for the Job.. I wonder where the news about he (Emenalo) being linked with Super Eagles is coming from..

Daniel Amokachi is also very cool for the job. But he may clash with Pinnick.. I just hope he does not..

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17948
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.



Uncle, what about the part where they said he got the job over 2 other candidates? I think they just threw in a bunch of names to make up the story. If Emanalo applied for the job, it would have made major headlines.

It's funny how tempered the response to this appointment has been compared to Yobo's. Shame, shame.



My view is that Emenalo did not apply for the job. However, Completesport alludes that he did inquire. He may well have and did not follow through with a formal application. I am not even certain of that claim by Completesport but the claim is out there.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13607
Location: USA
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46784
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view


You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13607
Location: USA
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view


You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.


Does Amokachi have a coaching certificate? By all accounts, yes. Does Yobo? Questionable
Does Amo have coaching experience? Yes, extensively so
Does Amo have TD experience? Yes

If reports are to be believed that Yobo has no certificate, then his appointment, on paper, is far worse than Amo’s

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:13 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 85758
Location: Earth
PSG ke? Trash article

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14348
Location: South London
Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
chuks69 wrote:
Only in Nigeria would NFF choose Amokachi over Mike Emmenalo in the Technical Director position, despite Emmenalo prerequisite experience in that high profile role from Chelsea and Monaco..

https://www.completesports.com/amokachi ... -director/

Maybe Emmenola wants nothing to do with the NFF?


Eaglezbeak,

You missed this paragraph (assuming Completesport is in fact correct)?

Quote:
Completesports.com further gathered that former Chelsea FC of England and PSG FC of France Technical Director Mike Emenalo, Austin Eguavoen, Ladan Bosso, Sam Okpodu and Mutiu Adepoju are amongt those who showed interest in the job of heading and1 revitalizing the NFF technical department.

Well Completesport don’t even have a quote from the NFA let alone Emenalo himself and have they or anyone else reported an approach for him for that position previously, they may be reporting the truth but there’s nothing to prove it ?

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46784
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view


You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.


Does Amokachi have a coaching certificate? By all accounts, yes. Does Yobo? Questionable
Does Amo have coaching experience? Yes, extensively so
Does Amo have TD experience? Yes

If reports are to be believed that Yobo has no certificate, then his appointment, on paper, is far worse than Amo’s


You are still confirming my point. You admitted you dont know the qualification requirement for either position, but you have no issue concluding Yobo's appointment is worse.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13607
Location: USA
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view


You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.


Does Amokachi have a coaching certificate? By all accounts, yes. Does Yobo? Questionable
Does Amo have coaching experience? Yes, extensively so
Does Amo have TD experience? Yes

If reports are to be believed that Yobo has no certificate, then his appointment, on paper, is far worse than Amo’s


You are still confirming my point. You admitted you dont know the qualification requirement for either position, but you have no issue concluding Yobo's appointment is worse.


I guess at this point, it pays you to twist my words only to prove your point. Have at it.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 46784
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..



Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.


Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view


You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.


Does Amokachi have a coaching certificate? By all accounts, yes. Does Yobo? Questionable
Does Amo have coaching experience? Yes, extensively so
Does Amo have TD experience? Yes

If reports are to be believed that Yobo has no certificate, then his appointment, on paper, is far worse than Amo’s


You are still confirming my point. You admitted you dont know the qualification requirement for either position, but you have no issue concluding Yobo's appointment is worse.


I guess at this point, it pays you to twist my words only to prove your point. Have at it.


The highlighted are your words, not mine.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sheikh, vancity eagle and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group