NFF Tech Director Job, Amokachi over Emmanalo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF Tech Director Job, Amokachi over Emmanalo

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:
deanotito wrote:
1naija wrote:Again, what experience does Amokachi have for this job? Why the focus on Emenalo and not on Amokachi's experience and lack of qualification like was the case with Yobo's appointment? I hope people still in denial can see what I meant now..

Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified...at least no less qualified than their contemporaries in Europe, who they played with/against, and who are now running technical departments and whole clubs in Europe.

Now, to take the flip side of your argument. If we assume that Amokachi is not qualified for this role, then surely Emenalo is not best served to work for an organization that would choose Amokachi over him. Hence, it’s still justified that we look at this from an Emenalo point of view

You missed the point. The actual point is the parallel between Yobo and Amokachi's appointment, and the disparity in the response by the know it alls on the forum.

Does Amokachi have a coaching certificate? By all accounts, yes. Does Yobo? Questionable
Does Amo have coaching experience? Yes, extensively so
Does Amo have TD experience? Yes

If reports are to be believed that Yobo has no certificate, then his appointment, on paper, is far worse than Amo’s

You are still confirming my point. You admitted you dont know the qualification requirement for either position, but you have no issue concluding Yobo's appointment is worse.

I guess at this point, it pays you to twist my words only to prove your point. Have at it.

The highlighted are your words, not mine.

My words: Well, I’m not sure anybody here knows what the qualifications really are for a TD job...and why/why not Emenalo was qualified to hold that position at Chelsea and Monaco. But if we are to use our layman assumptions that playing experience and coaching certificates & experience qualify one to have that position, then surely Amokachi and Emenalo are qualified

Your words: You admitted you don't know the qualification requirement for either position

Translation: You're on that bullsh*t

Since almost all of us classify as "laymen" when it comes to soccer, then we are applying our laymen standards to both Amokachi, Emenalo and Yobo. And Yobo's appointment, by those standards, is still egregious....at least as judged by your observation.

So your contention that we should react the same way to Amo and Yobo's appointments because we are not experts is ridiculous. This is a forum for fans. If we applied that standard to whatever we discuss on here, there won't be much of a forum. If Yobo has a certificate, make we hear/see....He may well turn out to be a good coach...dropouts build trillion-dollar companies....but on paper, his appointment is egregious
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Find it hard to believe Emenalo applied for the job. There are some advantages to having accomplished ex-internationals as coaches or Technical Directors. However, they have to be the right ones. Yobo and Amokachi may succeed in their new positions. Let's wait and see.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Nff has no deal yet with Amokachi.

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.