Enyeama bares it all in this rare interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Enyeama bares it all in this rare interview

Post by maceo4 »

Speaks on everything from his retirement from the NT, to who is better Ronaldo vs Messi lol. Lovely personality, always bubbly, positive and happy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vc748vyLdJg[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Enyeama bares it all in this rare interview

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Wow! This has to be the best interview ever posted on CE. Our Vince Enyeamagnet of Nigeria. Legend! So real you can literally touch him on the screen. He exudes confidence, passion,his love for SE is unparalleled. This is the same young man that went to the WC in 2002 and shone like a millions stars in the single opportunity he had v England.

Now at the twilight of his career it's fascinating to watch him reflect and give account of his experiences. Vince is why we must never give up on our local players. They labor and labor with unconditional love and dedication hoping for that breakthrough. At times it comes often times it doesn't but it doesn't matter now, he will retire as the best SE goalie we've ever known. Not bad, not bad at all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Wow! This has to be the best interview ever posted on CE. Our Vince Enyeamagnet of Nigeria. Legend! So real you can literally touch him on the screen. He exudes confidence, passion,his love for SE is unparalleled. This is the same young man that went to the WC in 2002 and shone like a millions stars in the single opportunity he had v England.

Now at the twilight of his career it's fascinating to watch him reflect and give account of his experiences. Vince is why we must never give up on our local players. They labor and labor with unconditional love and dedication hoping for that breakthrough. At times it comes often times it doesn't but it doesn't matter now, he will retire as the best SE goalie we've ever known. Not bad, not bad at all.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It's refreshing to see a frank interview like this and to see a player retiring with no malice or hate or trying to downplay the current set to uplift his own set. You can tell he's happy with few regrets regarding his career, only reminiscing about the good times and enjoyment he had with his fellow professionals.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Where is Danfo Driver when you need him to rubbish Enyeama and the interview and accuse him of bribery and homosexuality and anythng else he thinks might stick? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Correct guy!!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BTW, I love the interview. Good one.

However, I want to still nitpick some of it. Mostly from Vincent's end. It seems to me that he has not yet come to terms with the reality about his career -- it is over, c'est fini. I am a bit surprised that he still talks about where to play in the future. It isn't going to happen anywhere now at the top level.

Then, I just felt he was keeping the best face in attempting to show he loves everyone. That ain't real if you ask me. We still can note the long drawn battle with Oliseh that even required NFF's intervention. I think I am more convinced about his closing point about loving those who wish him well . This, not the who don't. More like reality, if you ask me.

I do understand his view about the 2013 AFCON. It is obvious that he believes it is the highlight of his play for the SE. I am not surprised. I believe the team was quite good at the tournament and it is not debatable that they elevated above everyone else after beating Ivory Coast. At that point, it was a matter of waiting for the Cup to be brough home to Nigeria after the tourney. In my view, perhaps Nigeria's most memorable AFCON tournament performance domination-wise.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:BTW, I love the interview. Good one.

However, I want to still nitpick some of it. Mostly from Vincent's end. It seems to me that he has not yet come to terms with the reality about his career -- it is over, c'est fini. I am a bit surprised that he still talks about where to play in the future. It isn't going to happen anywhere now at the top level.

Then, I just felt he was keeping the best face in attempting to show he loves everyone. That ain't real if you ask me. We still can note the long drawn battle with Oliseh that even required NFF's intervention. I think I am more convinced about his closing point about loving those who wish him well . This, not the who don't. More like reality, if you ask me.

I do understand his view about the 2013 AFCON. It is obvious that he believes it is the highlight of his play for the SE. I am not surprised. I believe the team was quite good at the tournament and it is not debatable that they elevated above everyone else after beating Ivory Coast. At that point, it was a matter of waiting for the Cup to be brough home to Nigeria after the tourney. In my view, perhaps Nigeria's most memorable AFCON tournament performance domination-wise.
Bros, this is the Enyeama I know, he’s a man of God and doesn’t hold grudges. BTW, didn’t know you became God and can say when someone’s career is over, if he feels he can have another go he must know something you don’t. As far as EPL it was clearly tongue in cheek, he even said for just one day, haba lol. To me he can still go back to Israel if fit as he’s a legend there. If Ejide and Aiyenugba can still be playing there so can he, but he’s just not as desperate as them. He has a comfortable life in Lille with his family and businesses back home.

Btw, which one was the long drawn out battle with Oliseh? You mean the one sided one? Enyeama really never said much the whole time, he addressed it once on the channels interview and from then it was NFF and Oliseh that kept talking about it. Enyeama retired and has kept to that even with Rohr trying to bring him back. Colin Udoh back then said it wouldn’t happen he’s made up his mind, and true to word it didn’t. Like he said it’s not about him it’s about the SE he gave way to the younger ones, he even bigged up Akpeyi that we all make fun of here. I don’t know, to me saying he’s not being honest is either you don’t know the chap or it’s a reflection of what your own emotions would be if placed in the same situations...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote:

Bros, this is the Enyeama I know, he’s a man of God and doesn’t hold grudges. BTW, didn’t know you became God and can say when someone’s career is over, if he feels he can have another go he must know something you don’t. As far as EPL it was clearly tongue in cheek, he even said for just one day, haba lol. To me he can still go back to Israel if fit as he’s a legend there. If Ejide and Aiyenugba can still be playing there so can he, but he’s just not as desperate as them. He has a comfortable life in Lille with his family and businesses back home.

Btw, which one was the long drawn out battle with Oliseh? You mean the one sided one? Enyeama really never said much the whole time, he addressed it once on the channels interview and from then it was NFF and Oliseh that kept talking about it. Enyeama retired and has kept to that even with Rohr trying to bring him back. Colin Udoh back then said it wouldn’t happen he’s made up his mind, and true to word it didn’t. Like he said it’s not about him it’s about the SE he gave way to the younger ones, he even bigged up Akpeyi that we all make fun of here. I don’t know, to me saying he’s not being honest is either you don’t know the chap or it’s a reflection of what your own emotions would be if placed in the same situations...
Maceo04,

I no be God but I can predict based on my knowledge of human nature. The footballer is often the last one to know that he/she is done, even after all others know it. Enyeama is finished as a top level footballer. Take it to the bank and cash-in.

On Man of God, I agree that he is but even men of God hold grudges. He is Man and not God. Enyeama is no different.

As for the Oliseh issue being one-sided, I didn't know that. What I know is that it wasn't. While Oliseh exploded publicly, we know Enyeama's reaction based on his actions -- refusing to return inspite of all kinds of requests. Sometimes, actions speak louder than words. Thus, he didn't have to say anything because his actions already told us what we needed to know.

TBH, I do not know him personally of course. My views are simply based on my general knowledge of human action. I could be wrong of course.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote:

I don't understand the attitudes of Nigerians sometimes. What kind of person would have issue with what he said in the interview? We need to let things go and wish each other well.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I don't understand the attitudes of Nigerians sometimes. What kind of person would have issue with what he said in the interview? We need to let things go and wish each other well.
I would have to agree with you on this one; it is not only unethical to discredit and deny someones else self-reported feelings it is rather a wider revelation of the perpetrator's own introjections coming out inadvertently. The least and most honorable thing you could for a great man like enyeama in this situation is acknowledge him unless he comes at you.
MLS is full of opportunities for our retiring players and Enyeama can walk right into any of the teams As a starter
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

7.05 minute mark. Nuff said. And this is someone that knows the National team in and out!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.