REPORT: PINNICK Clarifies Yobo Appointment

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
REPORT: PINNICK Clarifies Yobo Appointment

Post by Enugu II »

If this report is true then something certainly is amiss with the appointment and here is what we have to wonder:

1.Pinnick suddenly stating that his regime will no longer rely on foreigners. This is a shock given Pinnick's antecedents including the fact that he openly has not supported appointment of local coaches for SE. He points out to whoever wants to hear that Oliseh was not his choice and that he preferred a Serbian coach at the time.

2. Obviously, Bosso's claim of Yobo having a certificate may be a reference to a workshop certificate and not an appropriate coaching license such as those offered by CAF or UEFA. In my view, the issue of coaching license is overblown. For me the better question is Yobo's temperament for the job.

3. The appointment of Yobo is clarified. He is not the crew's first Assistant. This means more likely that Salisu will retain that spot.

4. However, reading below it appears that Yobo is being groomed to replace Rohr. At least, he will be in line to do so even though with Amokachi now TD the latter will likely have the first crack as Caretaker. Good luck to the likes of Amuneke and Finidi who are now further outside from such an appointment it seems.
Why NFF made Yobo assistant coach for Super Eagles – Pinnick
Published February 16, 2020
https://punchng.com/why-nff-made-yobo-e ... h-pinnick/

‘Tana Aiyejina

President, Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has given reasons for Joseph Yobo’s appointment as Super Eagles assistant coach.

Mixed reactions have trailed the decision of the NFF to pick Yobo, a former captain of the national team, as Gernot Rohr’s assistant.

Even some of Yobo’s fellow ex-internationals questioned the 2013 AFCON winner’s experience and qualification for the Eagles job.

But Pinnick, in an exclusive interview with Sunday PUNCH, said Yobo’s appointment was a unanimous decision of the NFF’s Executive Committee.

“The NFF is very excited with his appointment and will take it as a responsibility to ensure that he gets the requisite (coaching) qualifications at the highest level,” Pinnick stated.

“That’s how Stephen Keshi started. Who says Yobo can’t be the next Nigerian to win the the AFCON as player and coach?

“FIFA stipulates that the head coach and first assistant coach must have coaching licences. Yobo is not the first assistant coach.

“The idea is that we want to nurture and condition him to provide leadership and mentorship for the young team, using the Nigerian factor, which Gernot (Right) cannot provide.

“He’s played for some of Europe’s big clubs, won the AFCON and he is one of our most-capped players ever. So, we should back him to succeed.”

Pinnick added that Yobo’s former teammate at Everton, Mikel Arteta, began coaching immediately on retirement in 2016, despite not having the experience, and rose through the ranks to become Arsenal’s manager.

He said, “When Yobo was at Everton, Arteta was on the bench. But he began his coaching career as an assistant at Manchester City when he retired. Today, he is the Arsenal manager and one of the top coaches in England. So, we should learn to support our own.

“Are we going to keep relying on foreigners all the time?”
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: REPORT: PINNICK Clarifies Yobo Appointment

Post by oloye »

They are all bunch of scheming muppets. I have since learnt in life that when people are not up to any good, the more they try to explain their actions the more ridiculous they sound.

The problem with my country is that once they get to power they get consumed by it and use brute force where a simple tact is called for. A 3 months fast tracked NIS diploma would get Yobo a grade B coaching badge, heck for the right lobbying NIS might even give him concession to do grade A.

A dash down to wherever CAF is hosting its next training course might even give him something more prestigious, never mind spending a week or so in the UK to get some European badge.

But no that is too much when the power that be can do whatever they want and see themselves as demi gods. The problem here is that when tomorrow someone takes this abuse of privilege to another level, there will be so much wailing that one would think this is a new abuse being invented forgetting that the foundation was laid long time ago. Even the wailers themselves appear to conveniently forget that they were the trend setters.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Salisu should not be any where near the SE. It sends the wrong message to sponsors and every one else. Yobo can do a work study with a condition to get his badges.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I repeat, this appointment makes sense except to those who have ulterior reasons.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

1naija wrote:I repeat, this appointment makes sense except to those who have ulterior reasons.
Yep, a different viewpoint means ulterior motives.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:I repeat, this appointment makes sense except to those who have ulterior reasons.
Yep, a different viewpoint means ulterior motives.

Yes, a consistent different viewpoint on certain issues makes means ulterior motive. You claim you didn't read the article on Amokachi's appoint yet you are all over this appointment, eventhough they are exactly the same type of appointment …. ulterior motives!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:They are all bunch of scheming muppets. I have since learnt in life that when people are not up to any good, the more they try to explain their actions the more ridiculous they sound.

The problem with my country is that once they get to power they get consumed by it and use brute force where a simple tact is called for. A 3 months fast tracked NIS diploma would get Yobo a grade B coaching badge, heck for the right lobbying NIS might even give him concession to do grade A.

A dash down to wherever CAF is hosting its next training course might even give him something more prestigious, never mind spending a week or so in the UK to get some European badge.

But no that is too much when the power that be can do whatever they want and see themselves as demi gods. The problem here is that when tomorrow someone takes this abuse of privilege to another level, there will be so much wailing that one would think this is a new abuse being invented forgetting that the foundation was laid long time ago. Even the wailers themselves appear to conveniently forget that they were the trend setters.

Or he could have just sat on the sidelines and biatch like some us, instead on contributing to develop the game for Nigeria. Some people are doer, some are professional complainers.

Go ahead and do the fast track course yourself and go and coach the team and stop biatching already. Geesh!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:They are all bunch of scheming muppets. I have since learnt in life that when people are not up to any good, the more they try to explain their actions the more ridiculous they sound.

Or he could have just sat on the sidelines and biatch like some us, instead on contributing to develop the game for Nigeria. Some people are doer, some are professional complainers.

Go ahead and do the fast track course yourself and go and coach the team and stop biatching already. Geesh!
Don't know why you need to make it personal I don't think I attacked you, so I don't understand where this juvenile attack is coming from. If I want to go into coaching I would have done that some 20 something years ago, but I choose another path because it is not for me.

This is the problem you contribute to a debate and people decide to attack you personally while ignoring the facts of the matter.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Oloye, well said. :agree:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:

Don't know why you need to make it personal I don't think I attacked you, so I don't understand where this juvenile attack is coming from. If I want to go into coaching I would have done that some 20 something years ago, but I choose another path because it is not for me.

This is the problem you contribute to a debate and people decide to attack you personally while ignoring the facts of the matter.
I apologize for the personal tone.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

hmmm.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

1naija wrote:
oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:

I apologize for the personal tone.
No wahala, I know say Yobo na ya man. I knew you would respond to defend him as usual, but I was not expecting it would come like this. No wahala I still dey ya side

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Those who know, know that Yobo has been fooking his way to the top! Shameless human being! His Godfathers have helped him all his career to the detriment of Nigeria and they continue to do so. disgusting things.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This Pinnick of a man just likes to say the wrong things.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

I think i like Yobo for this job.

Imama was a GK in the Local league, and coached in the very poor local league only making a name in Rangers when they won the league.

In contrast,
*Yobo has played in Top leagues round the world and was a well respected defender.
*Captain of the Super Eagles, a role he played with alot of maturity
*Winner of the African Nations Cup
*Played in 3 world cups
*Played in the Europa and CL
*And has been a very good pundit

Now, lets assume Imama was not even fit for the job in the firstplace and Yobo is an upgrade, but the question is, is Yobo the right choice for the job and not just a better choice than Imama and crook Salisu.

Yes, and I think he's playing career says it all just like it did for the likes of Klinsman and he only just left the game so he is up to date with modern day football. He would bring alot of ideas and support to ROrhr especially in the Defensive setup. Lets not forget Yobo has played across the line. Added to this, he is an intelligent guy. And again, He's just an asst.

If Yobo learns well and turns out to be a brilliant student and tactician, he can take over this team from Rohr after 2022 WC or he could be a first assistant to the likes of Finidi and Amuneke if they are still coaching relevant teams then.

He needs to start adding the paper to his experience though.

Lets hope they drop Salisu as first assistant and bring in a FInidi George (though his last role was as technical director scouting players and all for Betis but not coaching a team), or Amuneke (who excelled in U17, and has only coached low rated African sides).
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

chief nfachairman wrote:I think i like Yobo for this job.

Imama was a GK in the Local league, and coached in the very poor local league only making a name in Rangers when they won the league.

In contrast,
*Yobo has played in Top leagues round the world and was a well respected defender.
*Captain of the Super Eagles, a role he played with alot of maturity
*Winner of the African Nations Cup
*Played in 3 world cups
*Played in the Europa and CL
*And has been a very good pundit

Now, lets assume Imama was not even fit for the job in the firstplace and Yobo is an upgrade, but the question is, is Yobo the right choice for the job and not just a better choice than Imama and crook Salisu.

Yes, and I think he's playing career says it all just like it did for the likes of Klinsman and he only just left the game so he is up to date with modern day football. He would bring alot of ideas and support to ROrhr especially in the Defensive setup. Lets not forget Yobo has played across the line. Added to this, he is an intelligent guy. And again, He's just an asst.

If Yobo learns well and turns out to be a brilliant student and tactician, he can take over this team from Rohr after 2022 WC or he could be a first assistant to the likes of Finidi and Amuneke if they are still coaching relevant teams then.

He needs to start adding the paper to his experience though.

Lets hope they drop Salisu as first assistant and bring in a FInidi George (though his last role was as technical director scouting players and all for Betis but not coaching a team), or Amuneke (who excelled in U17, and has only coached low rated African sides).
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:

:tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: why you dey vex :lol: :lol: :lol: see as you just begin catch feelings
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote:

Oloye, well said. :agree:
no one asked for your opinion, are you done spreading false lies about Kele fathering kids left and right...shame no catch you to still come this forum?
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have no issues with Yobo being groomed. Keshi started like that being the number 3 with Bonfere and Amodu.. Yobo is a Nigerian and i will say it again, we will never go far or do well with a FC at the worldcup... the best we will get nah 2nd round...Yobo should be working on getting whatever licenses folks are crying about to shut them up.

I have no issues with Yobo, Oliseh, Finidi, Amunike ,Egu, SSS, coaching the SE...to me they are all miles ahead of ****
SuperEagles

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have no issues with Yobo being groomed. Keshi started like that being the number 3 with Bonfere and Amodu.. Yobo is a Nigerian and i will say it again, we will never go far or do well with a FC at the worldcup... the best we will get nah 2nd round...Yobo should be working on getting whatever licenses folks are crying about to shut them up.

I have no issues with Yobo, Oliseh, Finidi, Amunike ,Egu, SSS, coaching the SE...to me they are all miles ahead of ****
Egu, SS have coached the SE and were very poor. THey failed, so why bring back failure? And even at that, they have not done anything significant after they left the SE job except from chasing issues bothering around grand corruption.

As for Oliseh, he was also a failure. you dont have to only fail on the field to be a failure, but the way you manage resources, administrators etc. He couldnt work with the leadership as captain, and also as a coach, hence dumping the team in the middle of a tough qualification. So he gets the job again, he woudl fail cause the leadership would remain "nigerian". So no point calling him. BTW, a supposed cerebral man that falls ill and is blaming it on juju and witches does gve me alot of concern.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

oloye wrote:
1naija wrote:

Chief Oloye! I am glad you're experiencing one of the issues in this Forum. In most cases, some people get offended and attack whenever one disagrees with their opinion/position

Why the MODERATORS hasn't dealt with this issue beats me.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.