What a goal by Joe Aribo!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: What a goal by Joe Aribo!

Post by Tobi17 »

Aribo brings that courageous drive we've been lacking in our midfield since JayJay (not saying he's JJ), but we've been missing a player that can carry the ball and just drive forward damning all the consequences, he scored a similarly brilliant goal against Brazil as well... hope he keeps it up :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Aribo brings that courageous drive we've been lacking in our midfield since JayJay (not saying he's JJ), but we've been missing a player that can carry the ball and just drive forward damning all the consequences, he scored a similarly brilliant goal against Brazil as well... hope he keeps it up :clap:
Exactly.
Its not a one-off.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:
fabio
Joe didn't dribble through the Braga defence. 

He dribble one player, executed a give and go. Dribble a defender, the ball then hit the leg of another defender, which changed the direction of the ball and Joe's intended movement.

fabio you must be very Stupid!

Rewatch the video properly. he dribbled the defender on the right side, then dribbled past 3 more defenders through Agidi before scoring. dude went past 4 defenders before scoring which is considered dribbling
I thought you were against abusive language?
Weytin fabio talk now-now to attract such a response?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

furiously frank wrote: Fabio, watch it again. he dribbled/dummy 3 defenders after that give and go before scoring. dude is good!
I have watched the replay over and over. I still stand by my assertion.

The dummy was result of the ball hitting the legs of a defender, the ball then hit the legs of another defenders (that's what caused the dummy).

Please watch the replay of the highlight.

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote:Aribo brings that courageous drive we've been lacking in our midfield since JayJay (not saying he's JJ), but we've been missing a player that can carry the ball and just drive forward damning all the consequences, he scored a similarly brilliant goal against Brazil as well... hope he keeps it up :clap:
Etebo can do the same, unfortunately all SE coaches apart from Siasia play him as a DM. He scored 5 goals in the U23 AFCON in 2016 and scored 4 goals in a single match against Japan at the 2016 Olympics but because of his energy levels, coaches prefer to play him defensively.
His 2 goals against Algeria in the final of the U23 AFCON
are prime examples of how he can drive the ball forward.
He even scored on his international debut against Egypt in Kaduna when Siasia played him in a more offensive role.
I am happy
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

fabio wrote:
furiously frank wrote: Fabio, watch it again. he dribbled/dummy 3 defenders after that give and go before scoring. dude is good!

The dummy was result of the ball hitting the legs of a defender, the ball then hit the legs of another defenders (that's what caused the dummy).

I agree. Far from a Maradona or Messi that reading the headline makes it sound like.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

Ianis Hagi is Gheorghe Hagi’s son.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:
Etebo can do the same, unfortunately all SE coaches apart from Siasia play him as a DM. He scored 5 goals in the U23 AFCON in 2016 and scored 4 goals in a single match against Japan at the 2016 Olympics but because of his energy levels, coaches prefer to play him defensively.
He even scored on his international debut against Egypt in Kaduna when Siasia played him in a more offensive role.
Oga that was then, the new Etebo no fit drive shopping cart in a grocery store. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Aribo scores again today.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote:

Etebo has never been played as a DM. He has always been played in the EXACT SAME POSITION Aribo has played for SE.

Ndidi has been our DM

Etebo has always played in between the DM and the AM, same as Aribo.

Aribo has taken his chance and has been much more effective than Etebo in terms of goal scoring and most importantly not giving the ball away in terrible positions on the pitch.

Etebo has his work cut out to establish himself again. He has been average at best in the Championship and hasn't gotten much time in Spain, and when he has was deployed as a RB.

With Ejaria likely to join the fold soon, Etebo is even further down the pecking order.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

fabio wrote:

Uncle....Make I get you glasses for Xmas :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley