Remember Algiers '90

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Egunje
Egg
Egg
Remember Algiers '90

Post by Egunje »

We got walloped 5-1 on the opening game and still played in the finals. Okay that was with one of the most competetnt coach we've ever had, let's hope CCC can learn from his mistakes.

I'm a regular CCC basher, but I choose to sheath my sword for now, can CCC learn from today's mistakes and make amends??, I won't bet my socks on that.....but let's wait for the SA game.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I pray that it repeats it self, we can certainly beat SA and Benin, if we get our tactics right. The only fear is after that performance, we've certainly lost our mystique.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is not 1990! Times have changed and once again, the gap between the top teams and others has narrowed significantly. Anything other than a victory for Nigeria against S Africa could mean an elimination.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:This is not 1990! Times have changed and once again, the gap between the top teams and others has narrowed significantly. Anything other than a victory for Nigeria against S Africa could mean an elimination.
And in 1990 we had a coach;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

see you wallowing in past glory. SA and benin will not hesitate to humble us. We need to regroup and CCC needs to THINK
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

YUJAM wrote:This is not 1990! Times have changed and once again, the gap between the top teams and others has narrowed significantly. Anything other than a victory for Nigeria against S Africa could mean an elimination.
Yujam we are still struck in the 1990's while everyone has moved on.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

WELL SAID MR. YUJAM.
azuka

Post by azuka »

Guys, stop this comparison with Algiers '90. Then we had a team but today we had not team but a selected side. Tell me, would the team presented by CCC today had beaten the Zambian side of 1990? No way.
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Where is Cybersaint and Muzine when you need them?.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

I was waiting patiently for someone top remember Algiers 90.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

ikwerreman wrote:I was waiting patiently for someone top remember Algiers 90.
IKMAN:
Please do not be unduly stressed.

Some folks herein obviously cannot distinguish between a REFERENCE and a COMPARISON. The SOLE RELEVANCE of the reference to Algiers '90 is to place in PERSPECTIVE that a team can still excel despite an opening day loss. Everything else is the traditional Nigerian hyperbole -- negative and/or positive.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Keep remembering Algiers 90 if u want to bury ur head in the sand
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

airwolex wrote:I pray that it repeats it self, we can certainly beat SA and Benin, if we get our tactics right. The only fear is after that performance, we've certainly lost our mystique.

ye, no scare us ooohhh!!!!!!!!hopefully we have not..lets see come the day!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Egunje,

Sorry for all this wahala. Times have changed but I am hoping Nigeria can still make it to the second round by winning their next two games.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Panic button

Post by metalalloy »

common people... una too dey panic sef.. so we lost one game, did yall expect morrocco to roll over and give us 3 pts? there is no use crying over spilt milk, we have 2 more games to go in the tourney, we win them we should have a good chance to advance. Btw nobody actually gave the algiers 90 team a chance , they were not considered a team after westerhoff ( who i think is grossly overhyped in this site btw) dropped Keshi and co due to the Italia 90 debacle so clam down abeg before una get stroke.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Panic button

Post by original skeepolah »

metalalloy wrote:common people... una too dey panic sef.. so we lost one game, did yall expect morrocco to roll over and give us 3 pts? there is no use crying over spilt milk, we have 2 more games to go in the tourney, we win them we should have a good chance to advance. Btw nobody actually gave the algiers 90 team a chance , they were not considered a team after westerhoff ( who i think is grossly overhyped in this site btw) dropped Keshi and co due to the Italia 90 debacle so clam down abeg before una get stroke.

Tell them bo!!!!!!!!Watch them wrtie an obituary column along with the EAGLESNEST and RANT & RAVE becuas eman pikin they get hypertension, high blood pressure and anxiety over 1 game. Una, neva see naija lose before. Unprepared?//What anc have we ever been prepared for(but it will soon be our own undoing)??? Relax, we have lived to fight another day????????????We made the ANC didn't we?????? C'mon, at least we fell to one of the best..........Let us see what the next day holds