Rohr dey eye Bayern Naija-Dutch wizkid Zirkzee and...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Rohr dey eye Bayern Naija-Dutch wizkid Zirkzee and...

Post by Tobi17 »

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=35477

Nigeria manager Gernot Rohr embarked on a scouting mission to Germany last weekend, according to reports.

It has come to light that the Franco-German football tactician was among the 30,150 spectators that witnessed the Bundesliga clash between Hoffenheim and Bayern Munich at the PreZero Arena (Sinsheim) last Saturday, football365.fr has informed.

While Bayern Munich teenage sensation Joshua Zirkzee went the distance on his full German Bundesliga debut, former Germany U20 skipper Kevin Akpoguma entered the pitch as a substitute in the 73rd minute.

Rohr must have been impressed by what he saw of Zirkzee, with the Bayern Munich number 35 scoring 15 minutes into his debut.

The onetime Bayern Munich central defender monitored the two players with a view to a possible call-up to the Super Eagles in the near future.

The Nigeria Football Federation have been on Akpoguma's case for close to six years now and were unable to convince him to switch his allegiance to the Super Eagles despite dangling a carrot in front of him - an opportunity to represent the three-time African champions at the 2018 World Cup.

The 24-year-old Akpoguma has earned 64 caps for Germany youth teams, the last of which came against Portugal U21s in a friendly in March 2017.

Zirkzee and Akpoguma are provisionally cap-tied to the Netherlands and Germany respectively.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Rohr dey eye Bayern Naija-Dutch wizkid Zirkzee and...

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Old news. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Old news. :laugh:
Oponu ni bobo yi sha, na old age abi cognitive dissonance no gree you see date of report? :lol:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote:
Oponu ni bobo yi sha, na old age abi cognitive dissonance no gree you see date of report? :lol:
Slow Toad Tobi, that news has been circulating since the boy made his debut for Bayern. Just because you and own goal picked it up today doesn’t make it new. Ya slow bro.....way too slow. You need some Ginseng or something to wake u up. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Tobi17 wrote:

Mods.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

Mods.
What exactly are you alerting the mods about? :roll:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

This one is a loooong shot. No harm in Rhor shooting his shot tho.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bret- hart wrote:This one is a loooong shot. No harm in Rhor shooting his shot tho.

Bret Fart, do you have a world class goalkeeper you can recommend to him to go and scout?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote:
bret- hart wrote:This one is a loooong shot. No harm in Rhor shooting his shot tho.

Bret Fart, do you have a world class goalkeeper you can recommend to him to go and scout?
[/video]

Not World class yet but keepers with better techniques and fundamentals than your client in South Africa :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by bret- hart on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Btw 41Naija did you know Maduka Okoye has been promoted to the 1st team of Fortuna Dossuldorf. He is well on his way to becoming the 1st Nigerian international to man the post in a Bundesliga game at only 19. :tic: :lol:

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We can easily get Akpoguma, Germany ain't capping him anytime soon, and he's smart enough to knows it... It's the Zirkzee kid I doubt we can get, especially if Netherlands come calling with his current form. But no harm in trying sha... it helps that Rohr is German so maybe he can use that as an advantage.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote:
We can easily get Akpoguma, Germany ain't capping him anytime soon, and he's smart enough to knows it... It's the Zirkzee kid I doubt we can get, especially if Netherlands come calling with his current form. But no harm in trying sha... it helps that Rohr is German so maybe he can use that as an advantage.
True but the boy's shakara is too much.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Well he might as well forget international football, Naija might be his only pathway of playing in a world cup. Speaking of another German, Jordan torunarigha or however way his name is spelled got racially abused some weeks ago and was crying, I'm sure he realized in his head, "nah f**k this I'm not risking my career hoping for a German call up"... small small dem eyes go open.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Kevin Akpoguma is just too proud to want to play for Naija, he should have learnt from Balogun.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Kevin Akpoguma is just too proud to want to play for Naija, he should have learnt from Balogun.

What does pride have to do with it? No be by force my brother. His heart is with Germany. Balogun's heart was with Nigeria when he committed to us.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Well he might as well forget international football, Naija might be his only pathway of playing in a world cup. Speaking of another German, Jordan torunarigha or however way his name is spelled got racially abused some weeks ago and was crying, I'm sure he realized in his head, "nah f**k this I'm not risking my career hoping for a German call up"... small small dem eyes go open.
Ok, he turned down Nigeria so let him wait!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:

I think that Torunarigha's situation has to do with his dad who doesn't want him to play for Nigeria. At some point Jordan will have to be his own man and make his own decision.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

There is a CB in Dortmund....Nnamdi Collins....He will be some player, o yet ready for a call up but should be on the radar....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mystic wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
I think that Torunarigha's situation has to do with his dad who doesn't want him to play for Nigeria. At some point Jordan will have to be his own man and make his own decision.
Mystic,

These guys are adults ooo and will likely make their own decisions. The boy is more likely influenced by his close friends than by his Dad unless he one of the few Daddy or Mommy's boy out there. Just saying. If he wants to play for Nigeria tomorrow, the Dad ain't gonna be able to stop him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
mystic wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Mystic,

These guys are adults ooo and will likely make their own decisions. The boy is more likely influenced by his close friends than by his Dad unless he one of the few Daddy or Mommy's boy out there. Just saying. If he wants to play for Nigeria tomorrow, the Dad ain't gonna be able to stop him.
Totally agree.
At what age will mummy and daddy still be dictating to a 22 year old, western born-and-bred man probably already earning over half a million Euros a year?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EII, Damunk:

I'm only going by what was reported in the press.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:EII, Damunk:

I'm only going by what was reported in the press.
I understand.
Just wondering aloud how accurate those reports are.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
Maybe David Alaba can try to talk to him about it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯