Rohr dey eye Bayern Naija-Dutch wizkid Zirkzee and...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr dey eye Bayern Naija-Dutch wizkid Zirkzee and...

Post by ikemba_nacho »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
bret- hart wrote:This one is a loooong shot. No harm in Rhor shooting his shot tho.
We can easily get Akpoguma, Germany ain't capping him anytime soon, and he's smart enough to knows it... It's the Zirkzee kid I doubt we can get, especially if Netherlands come calling with his current form. But no harm in trying sha... it helps that Rohr is German so maybe he can use that as an advantage.
True but the boy's shakara is too much.
Well he might as well forget international football, Naija might be his only pathway of playing in a world cup. Speaking of another German, Jordan torunarigha or however way his name is spelled got racially abused some weeks ago and was crying, I'm sure he realized in his head, "nah f**k this I'm not risking my career hoping for a German call up"... small small dem eyes go open.
Ok, he turned down Nigeria so let him wait!
I think you guys are referring to Torunarigha, however from memory, Kevin Akpoguma was proud of his Nigerian heritage when he spoke about it.This is going back to New Zealand u20 tourney where he played against Nigeria and he was interviewed about it.

So I think he has always had a connection, however Torunarigha is a different story all together.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ikemba_nacho wrote: I think you guys are referring to Torunarigha, however from memory, Kevin Akpoguma was proud of his Nigerian heritage when he spoke about it. This is going back to New Zealand u20 tourney where he played against Nigeria and he was interviewed about it.

So I think he has always had a connection, however Torunarigha is a different story all together.
You are absolutely right.
"I believe that if you want to play for a country I think you should play for that country with love and passion," he added.
"That is why if I play for Nigeria I should be in a position to play my whole career for them. No half measures.

- Kevin Akpoguma, November 2018
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46084628
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
ikemba_nacho wrote: I think you guys are referring to Torunarigha, however from memory, Kevin Akpoguma was proud of his Nigerian heritage when he spoke about it. This is going back to New Zealand u20 tourney where he played against Nigeria and he was interviewed about it.

"I believe that if you want to play for a country I think you should play for that country with love and passion," he added.
"That is why if I play for Nigeria I should be in a position to play my whole career for them. No half measures.

And why the hell hasn't these lad been called up yet? Rohr dey **** up sha
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

And why the hell hasn't these lad been called up yet? Rohr dey #$% up sha
Read the full article and you might discover he hasn't made up his mind yet - at least not at the time of the interview.
Moreover, who says he is better than what we have at the moment?

Lets not give ammunition to those that wilfully misrepresent the FB Nigerian argument.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

“If the Netherlands aren’t calling, then I’ll choose Nigeria”
🇳🇱 🇳🇬

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Some of these dudes are just naive, why not chose a country you can walk in and start right away. These guys would be playing in World Cups.

Maduka now said he is ready to come back to the Eagles knowing the World Cup is 2 years away.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Attacker walking into Naija national team?

Really?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:54 am Some of these dudes are just naive, why not chose a country you can walk in and start right away. These guys would be playing in World Cups.

Maduka now said he is ready to come back to the Eagles knowing the World Cup is 2 years away.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

So he’ll consider us if the Netherlands don’t call him? Ko ni da fun iyala ya Zirkzee. Omo jati jati. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:54 am Some of these dudes are just naive, why not chose a country you can walk in and start right away. These guys would be playing in World Cups.

Walk into where?
Even he has said it right there that it will be no walk into the Nigerian attack!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This dude is more Dutch than Nigerian. I have watched a short YouTube video on him. Straight talker no filter. He said what is on most Abroadians players minds out loud. Problem is that he just doesn't understand the Nigerian mindset and we don't see ourselves as second best to nobody.

I think he should try his luck with Holland. He will struggle on and off the pitch with Nigeria.

I am all for foreign born/raised players but more the Iwobi and Ekong types than the Olise and Agbonlahor types, there's a huge difference.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Appears he just made the Dutch squad, good luck to him…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:03 pm Appears he just made the Dutch squad, good luck to him…
Seems like what it needs to get into European national teams these days is to have Nigerian interest. I’m hearing that Folorunsho would be in Spalletti’s next Italian squad
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:23 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:03 pm Appears he just made the Dutch squad, good luck to him…
Seems like what it needs to get into European national teams these days is to have Nigerian interest. I’m hearing that Folorunsho would be in Spalletti’s next Italian squad
Wow…in a area we are short too…ohh well…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are a funny one.

Nigeria has 2 strikers who will WALK INTO the Dutch team and be the undisputed number 1. Let that sink in. The dutch team does NOT have any striker that can start for Nigeria today. NONE!!!

P.s-- if we can get Zirkzee, we should absolutely do it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:03 am So he’ll consider us if the Netherlands don’t call him? Ko ni da fun iyala ya Zirkzee. Omo jati jati. :boo:
Of course, your anger is vivid and palpable towards a black man. Your white lord and personal savior is using us to clean yansh in another thread, dragging us and talking about 7 job offers and tiredness and you are completely quiets.

I dont get it! Why do black men HATE their own kind so deeply. What is the problem with us??? :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The odd thing is that as an attacker he has more chance of getting into the Dutch 🇳🇱 squad than the Nigeria 🇳🇬 squad.

He is far more likely to be an alternate option to Wout Weghorst in the Dutch 🇳🇱 team than he would be a likely candidate to replace Osimhen in the Nigerian 🇳🇬 team. Even if Osimhen gets injured or suspended, Boniface and Awoniyi are the next cabs on the rank. Zirkzee’s only way of getting picked for Nigeria 🇳🇬 would be an injury or doping crisis of monumental magnitude taking out Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi, Iheanacho, Onuachu, Sadiq, and Orban simultaneously.
Last edited by wiseone on Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:01 pm
Spalletti also set to cap Kayode (never heard of him) a rb for Fiorentina. These guys aren't playing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wiseone wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:31 pm The odd thing is that as an attacker he has more chance of getting into the Dutch 🇳🇱 squad than the Nigeria 🇳🇬 squad.

He is far more likely to be an alternate option to Wout Weghorst in the Dutch 🇳🇱 team than he would be a likely candidate to replace Osimhen in the Nigerian 🇳🇬 team. Even if Osimhen gets injured or suspended, Boniface and Awoniyi are the next cabs on the rank. Zikzee’s only way of getting picked for Nigeria 🇳🇬 would be an injury or doping crisis of monumental magnitude taking out Osimhen, Boniface, Awoniyi, Moffi, Iheanacho, Onuachu, and Orban simultaneously.
Well said. I think we are right below Holland when it comes to overall value of National Teams. Goodluck to the boy....on to the next!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You are a funny one.

Nigeria has 2 strikers who will WALK INTO the Dutch team and be the undisputed number 1. Let that sink in. The dutch team does NOT have any striker that can start for Nigeria today. NONE!!!

P.s-- if we can get Zirkzee, we should absolutely do it.

He's not a central striker though; although he has played there. His best position is in the middle of the 3 behind the lone striker, or out wide coming in from the flanks...

He's struggled for consistency all his career...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:33 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:01 pm
Spalletti also set to cap Kayode (never heard of him) a rb for Fiorentina. These guys aren't playing :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kayode is a top prospect. One of the best young RBs in Europe. Not surprised he is getting called up so quickly.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Let Italy have Kayode but leave Folorunsho for us o!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:33 pm Let Italy have Kayode but leave Folorunsho for us o!
Are u ok? Folorunsho is a journeyman MF bouncing from loan to loan while Kayode is one of the best in Europe at RB.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Cmoke wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:45 am Attacker walking into Naija national team?

Really?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

Why not? Did you see our World class attackers at the last Afcon? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!