Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:30 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
At the rate COVID19 is spreading, I doubt if the qualifiers will even go ahead.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:51 am
Posts: 15340
Tobi17 wrote:
At the rate COVID19 is spreading, I doubt if the qualifiers will even go ahead.

In Europe, not so Africa.

Touch wood, etc.

_________________

WC go sweet o
DNQ no good o

-
Cellular quotes
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016
-
© The YeyeMan 2020
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7990
This is quite straight forward:
RB
1. Ehizibue
2. Awaziem
3. Balogun, Ajayi or Omerou, if necessary

Dude is surplus to MF requirements and is certainly neither a left back or Centerback

olu wrote:
Shehu can play RB, Balogun is a CD. Collins will start at LB.

Otitokoro wrote:
Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.
olu wrote:
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:04 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
The YeyeMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
At the rate COVID19 is spreading, I doubt if the qualifiers will even go ahead.

In Europe, not so Africa.

Touch wood, etc.

How about the teams with Euro based players, how many will take the risk especially in affected areas and come home to play in the qualifiers...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7870
Otitokoro wrote:
This is quite straight forward:
RB
1. Ehizibue
2. Awaziem
3. Balogun, Ajayi or Omerou, if necessary

Dude is surplus to MF requirements and is certainly neither a left back or Centerback

olu wrote:
Shehu can play RB, Balogun is a CD. Collins will start at LB.

Otitokoro wrote:
Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.
olu wrote:
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.



Shehu has played and excelled in spot duty for his clubsides at both Rightback and Centreback. Mind you, I don't want to see him playing either position against Sierra Leone, but in an emergency he is capable of stepping into the breach and giving us some minutes there. This is why I stress that it's important to have versatile players at the back end of your roster.

Now for the Sierra Leone game, there is ample time to call up replacements for Aina and Ekong if Rohr chooses to go in that direction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7990
Mystic,
The operative word you used here is ‘has’, which I agree with you with.
Fact is the guy is past tense and he is no longer in reckoning as a relevant player in either of the positions you mentioned.
Dude can’t even crack the first 3 options in those positions. Worst still, he is currently playing in the least competitive league of all the outfield players (Turkish div 2) on the team.
Like I said, he is no longer relevant to the team and needs to be discarded ASAP. There are far better players out there that we need to focus on!
mystic wrote:
Shehu has played and excelled in spot duty for his clubsides at both Rightback and Centreback. Mind you, I don't want to see him playing either position against Sierra Leone, but in an emergency he is capable of stepping into the breach and giving us some minutes there. This is why I stress that it's important to have versatile players at the back end of your roster.

Now for the Sierra Leone game, there is ample time to call up replacements for Aina and Ekong if Rohr chooses to go in that direction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5598
The YeyeMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
At the rate COVID19 is spreading, I doubt if the qualifiers will even go ahead.

In Europe, not so Africa.

Touch wood, etc.


All the players are in Europe.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 11989
kalani JR wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
At the rate COVID19 is spreading, I doubt if the qualifiers will even go ahead.

In Europe, not so Africa.

Touch wood, etc.


All the players are in Europe.



Wouldn't that be something :biggrin:
Rohr would be forced to use Homemade.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tobi17 and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group