Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:33 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17955
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Paveman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Close the whole matter.Try and enjoy your national team for once instead of carrying petty gripes.
You dey this gripe mode for like two years now.
World Cup don pass.
AFCON don pass.
Sorry that Rohr and Pinnick never pass sha, but one day dem too go become old news.
Till then....smile. :D

Try your hands on becoming a spin doctor.

Spinning away from the crux of the issue, is an art done flawless :D



Fabio, let us agree for a minute that the Regionalliga is semi-professional (because even that can be disputed). Let’s also forget that Okoye is training with a highly professional Bundesliga team (ok, still to get playing time, but at least his environment and training js definitely professional). I ask this genuinely: who would you have invited instead of Okoye??

The Latvian league is also semi-professional so Alampasu does not count.



Paveman,

Why would it be arguable that a league is professional or semi-professional? I am not exactly sure why that is arguable. It is either one or the other and the definition is quite clear. A semi-professional league is one in which plays do not depend 100% on income from football labor. In essence, they supplement their wages via other employment.


It’s not always so black and white. If 15 out of 20 teams are professional, and if 80% of the players are professional, is that league professional? Answer: semi-professional league. If some of the teams in the Regionalliga are feeder teams of the Bundesliga teams and so can use the services, facilities and staff of the professional teams, are they considered professional? The feeder team is semi-professionalIf youths playing in the Regionalliga are still studying and benefiting from scholarships and living in dorms etc but technically not earning wages enough to be self sufficient, are they considered professional? semi-professionalsDoes a team coming up from the Oberliga immediately step up to professional, does a club relegated from the 2.bundesliga immediately become semi-professional? Do you understand where I am coming from?I understand the point your making in the terms that there may be some grey areas but for a league or club to be considered professional, the playing staff must earn a living solely by offering labor for football wages

P.s. the Latvian league is also in the same vein as the Regionalliga. There are some clubs that are extremely professional and others that I would consider semi-professional, mainly because they have poor facilities, and average science, technical, recovery, nutrition facilities.The facilities and others do not define whether a club/league is professional or not. The league in Nigeria is a professional league without all you have listed above.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7990
Mystic,
How is Shehu's invite on point?
Dude is playing in a league (Turkish Div 2) that is no where near as competitive as any one of the outfield players invited.
Not to mention the fact that the only 2 positions he can play are RB and DM. In those 2 positions, based on the invitation list, he would be #3 or 4 in the depth chart (bear in mind, Semi Ajayi could also play DM role - more effectively, IMO). He offers no value to this current team.
But as previously stated, he will be rendered surplus to requirements once the likes of Ejaria and another midfielder obtain their FIFA clearance.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
-> Really struggle to understand Shehu's invite - the guy has outlived his relevance to this team. Besides, he's like the 3rd or 4th option for the positions he plays on the team. I figure he would be out when the likes of
-> Akpeyi has been consistent at club level, so his invite makes sense (in light of no other credible keeper out there).
-> Ezenwa offers no value to the team - his spot should have been offered to the Isreali based keeper - Adebayo. Time to start grooming, instead of relying on failed projects.
-> Musa is captain and in light of Lookman's switch not yet approved, his invite makes sense.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.



Shehu's invitation is on point. Balances out the squad as a utility player at fullback and midfield.

Adebayo is a promising player but way too early to be in the national team picture. Meanwhile Ezenwa is in excellent form at Heartland. You should know by now that Rohr is a patient builder. I think the young goalkeeper to watch in the coming months is Alampasu if he progresses at Ventspils. The U23s would have been ideal for Adebayo to prove himself if we had qualified for the Olympics.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14116
shehu's invite is the one head scratcher. But we know Rohr had a hard time saying good bye to long serving members. Anyways I expect Shehu to vanish into the night never to be seen again by the next window.

Thanks for your service.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7870
vancity eagle wrote:
shehu's invite is the one head scratcher. But we know Rohr had a hard time saying good bye to long serving members. Anyways I expect Shehu to vanish into the night never to be seen again by the next window.

Thanks for your service.



I don't think that you understand the things that coaches value. That is why you are scratching your head.

Also, why are you thanking a player whose service is obviously of no value to you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7870
Otitokoro wrote:
Mystic,
How is Shehu's invite on point?
Dude is playing in a league (Turkish Div 2) that is no where near as competitive as any one of the outfield players invited.
Not to mention the fact that the only 2 positions he can play are RB and DM. In those 2 positions, based on the invitation list, he would be #3 or 4 in the depth chart (bear in mind, Semi Ajayi could also play DM role - more effectively, IMO). He offers no value to this current team.
But as previously stated, he will be rendered surplus to requirements once the likes of Ejaria and another midfielder obtain their FIFA clearance.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
-> Really struggle to understand Shehu's invite - the guy has outlived his relevance to this team. Besides, he's like the 3rd or 4th option for the positions he plays on the team. I figure he would be out when the likes of
-> Akpeyi has been consistent at club level, so his invite makes sense (in light of no other credible keeper out there).
-> Ezenwa offers no value to the team - his spot should have been offered to the Isreali based keeper - Adebayo. Time to start grooming, instead of relying on failed projects.
-> Musa is captain and in light of Lookman's switch not yet approved, his invite makes sense.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.



Shehu's invitation is on point. Balances out the squad as a utility player at fullback and midfield.

Adebayo is a promising player but way too early to be in the national team picture. Meanwhile Ezenwa is in excellent form at Heartland. You should know by now that Rohr is a patient builder. I think the young goalkeeper to watch in the coming months is Alampasu if he progresses at Ventspils. The U23s would have been ideal for Adebayo to prove himself if we had qualified for the Olympics.



I'm sorry but it's clear to me that you have no idea what you are talking about. If you do not understand the importance of having a balanced squad, then there is nothing that I can do for you.

However, I do see Shehu continuing to tumble down the depth chart as the team continues to get stronger. You are correct on that score.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30112
vancity eagle wrote:
shehu's invite is the one head scratcher. But we know Rohr had a hard time saying good bye to long serving members. Anyways I expect Shehu to vanish into the night never to be seen again by the next window.

Thanks for your service.

So “a hard time” is what the natives are calling it these days? :lol:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9385
Otitokoro wrote:
Mystic,
How is Shehu's invite on point?
Dude is playing in a league (Turkish Div 2) that is no where near as competitive as any one of the outfield players invited.
Not to mention the fact that the only 2 positions he can play are RB and DM. In those 2 positions, based on the invitation list, he would be #3 or 4 in the depth chart (bear in mind, Semi Ajayi could also play DM role - more effectively, IMO). He offers no value to this current team.
But as previously stated, he will be rendered surplus to requirements once the likes of Ejaria and another midfielder obtain their FIFA clearance.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
-> Really struggle to understand Shehu's invite - the guy has outlived his relevance to this team. Besides, he's like the 3rd or 4th option for the positions he plays on the team. I figure he would be out when the likes of
-> Akpeyi has been consistent at club level, so his invite makes sense (in light of no other credible keeper out there).
-> Ezenwa offers no value to the team - his spot should have been offered to the Isreali based keeper - Adebayo. Time to start grooming, instead of relying on failed projects.
-> Musa is captain and in light of Lookman's switch not yet approved, his invite makes sense.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.



Shehu's invitation is on point. Balances out the squad as a utility player at fullback and midfield.

Adebayo is a promising player but way too early to be in the national team picture. Meanwhile Ezenwa is in excellent form at Heartland. You should know by now that Rohr is a patient builder. I think the young goalkeeper to watch in the coming months is Alampasu if he progresses at Ventspils. The U23s would have been ideal for Adebayo to prove himself if we had qualified for the Olympics.

I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34937
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Uzoho is injured, who else could he have invited considering Okoye is inexperienced? Same upfront, with Ighalo, V Moses both now out of the mix, Musa is the only experienced hand. He rarely starts anymore so it's not that much of an issue. Without him in the squad (not necessarily active playing roster), Iwobi would be the most experienced forward player. Not sure how wise that is. Shehu has pretty much been replaced (by the Koln guy).

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

You've in a way answered part of your earlier "question". Akpeyi and Ezenwa are probably placeholders.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.

Shehu Abdullahi being moved to midfield suggests that he will be the one to give way should any of those modfield prospects pan out.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:15 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
Dammy wrote:
I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?

Let´s open a can of worms....

This northerner was playing in the Spanish 3rd division and the national team coach sent his GK coaches to train. The GK was then fast tracked to the WC with less than 6 caps. The GK only played two matches for the club´s first, due to injuries, to the club´s first and second choice GK. After the WC, this privileged northern continued to play in the Spanish 3rd division and was still SE no.1.

Another Northerner, playing semi- professional or fourth tier in Germany was also fast tracked to the Super Eagles, all he had played was regional football, up until two weeks ago when he was on the bench for the club´s first team. You know these northern by name. Please give us their names.....

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:51 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 41513
Location: UK
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?

Let´s open a can of worms....

This northerner was playing in the Spanish 3rd division and the national team coach sent his GK coaches to train. The GK was then fast tracked to the WC with less than 6 caps. The GK only played two matches for the club´s first, due to injuries, to the club´s first and second choice GK. After the WC, this privileged northern continued to play in the Spanish 3rd division and was still SE no.1.

Another Northerner, playing semi- professional or fourth tier in Germany was also fast tracked to the Super Eagles, all he had played was regional football, up until two weeks ago when he was on the bench for the club´s first team. You know these northern by name. Please give us their names.....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy, you've been schooled here o.
You gotta give it to Fabio :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9385
Damunk wrote:
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?

Let´s open a can of worms....

This northerner was playing in the Spanish 3rd division and the national team coach sent his GK coaches to train. The GK was then fast tracked to the WC with less than 6 caps. The GK only played two matches for the club´s first, due to injuries, to the club´s first and second choice GK. After the WC, this privileged northern continued to play in the Spanish 3rd division and was still SE no.1.

Another Northerner, playing semi- professional or fourth tier in Germany was also fast tracked to the Super Eagles, all he had played was regional football, up until two weeks ago when he was on the bench for the club´s first team. You know these northern by name. Please give us their names.....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy, you've been schooled here o.
You gotta give it to Fabio :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No schooling bro it's apples and oranges. He is comparing 2 veterans to young prospective talents and also the positions where we lacked quality to those that are full of quality players. Hope you get it!

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:14 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
Dammy wrote:
No schooling bro it's apples and oranges. He is comparing 2 veterans to young prospective talents and also the positions where we lacked quality to those that are full of quality players. Hope you get it!

Lies.

Akpeyi and Ezenwa comes to mind.

Admit you came to a wrong resolution based on Prejudice and move on.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 9385
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:
No schooling bro it's apples and oranges. He is comparing 2 veterans to young prospective talents and also the positions where we lacked quality to those that are full of quality players. Hope you get it!

Lies.

Akpeyi and Ezenwa comes to mind.

Admit you came to a wrong resolution based on Prejudice and move on.

Lies? You take yourself too seriously! You are comparing 2 different scenarios. We have had problems with goalkeeping since Ikeme retired and it's understandable why Rohr reached out to 2 rookies with potentials.
Now we are stacked with quality in the forward positions and midfield, so bringing in players from low quality leagues especially when a player like Ejuke is ignored and Onazi, a middle belter playing at a higher level is also ignored begets the question. Gerrit?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
Dammy wrote:
Lies? You take yourself too seriously! You are comparing 2 different scenarios. We have had problems with goalkeeping since Ikeme retired and it's understandable why Rohr reached out to 2 rookies with potentials.
Now we are stacked with quality in the forward positions and midfield, so bringing in players from low quality leagues especially when a player like Ejuke is ignored and Onazi, a middle belter playing at a higher level is also ignored begets the question. Gerrit?

We get the subtle points you are making.

You are right! SE is open to all players in whatever division, as long as they are from the South. We Northerners must play in the first division of top clubs to merit a call up :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3678
I am so excited about this squad (I will try and ignore the fact Akpeyi will be in goal) with the firepower we have upfront ....... Sierra Lone are in deep S££t


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2489
Location: Malta
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Paveman wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Close the whole matter.Try and enjoy your national team for once instead of carrying petty gripes.
You dey this gripe mode for like two years now.
World Cup don pass.
AFCON don pass.
Sorry that Rohr and Pinnick never pass sha, but one day dem too go become old news.
Till then....smile. :D

Try your hands on becoming a spin doctor.

Spinning away from the crux of the issue, is an art done flawless :D



Fabio, let us agree for a minute that the Regionalliga is semi-professional (because even that can be disputed). Let’s also forget that Okoye is training with a highly professional Bundesliga team (ok, still to get playing time, but at least his environment and training js definitely professional). I ask this genuinely: who would you have invited instead of Okoye??

The Latvian league is also semi-professional so Alampasu does not count.



Paveman,

Why would it be arguable that a league is professional or semi-professional? I am not exactly sure why that is arguable. It is either one or the other and the definition is quite clear. A semi-professional league is one in which plays do not depend 100% on income from football labor. In essence, they supplement their wages via other employment.


It’s not always so black and white. If 15 out of 20 teams are professional, and if 80% of the players are professional, is that league professional? Answer: semi-professional league. If some of the teams in the Regionalliga are feeder teams of the Bundesliga teams and so can use the services, facilities and staff of the professional teams, are they considered professional? The feeder team is semi-professionalIf youths playing in the Regionalliga are still studying and benefiting from scholarships and living in dorms etc but technically not earning wages enough to be self sufficient, are they considered professional? semi-professionalsDoes a team coming up from the Oberliga immediately step up to professional, does a club relegated from the 2.bundesliga immediately become semi-professional? Do you understand where I am coming from?I understand the point your making in the terms that there may be some grey areas but for a league or club to be considered professional, the playing staff must earn a living solely by offering labor for football wages

P.s. the Latvian league is also in the same vein as the Regionalliga. There are some clubs that are extremely professional and others that I would consider semi-professional, mainly because they have poor facilities, and average science, technical, recovery, nutrition facilities.The facilities and others do not define whether a club/league is professional or not. The league in Nigeria is a professional league without all you have listed above.


E11, I do not link a professional league only to the players being professional. From my end, if you have 20 players making a living out of football, and then only a maximum of 2-3 staff who are professional, then for me that is not a professional club. In my experience in Latvian football and Nigerian football, whereas the players might be only playing football, it is usually just the coach and one administrator who are professional. All the medical, training, nutrition, psychologists, physios etc etc are usually part-time. But, fair enough, we are arguing semantics here.

So really, is a professional league, professional because it has professional players OR because it has professional clubs?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
Paveman, I appreciate your point of view. However, the Latvian league and Cup winners play champions league and Europa qualifiers, that brings experience and exposure. Division 4 in Germany is setting the bar way too low in my opinion.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 pm
Posts: 2489
Location: Malta
fabio wrote:
Paveman, I appreciate your point of view. However, the Latvian league and Cup winners play champions league and Europa qualifiers, that brings experience and exposure. Division 4 in Germany is setting the bar way too low in my opinion.


Who else?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:30 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
Paveman wrote:
Who else?

This who else argument/ perspective is neither here nor there.
I have already given two names!

4th Division is way too low. We might as well invite Akinfenwa, when our strikers are injured!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 20320
Location: Canada
Seems Shehu is the new Ahmed Musa, that people just want yanked out of the team. The guy is only 26/27 yrs old. Why so much disrespect?? To think of it, has he ever had a nightmarish performance in the GWG?

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
felarey wrote:
Seems Shehu is the new Ahmed Musa, that people just want yanked out of the team. The guy is only 26/27 yrs old. Why so much disrespect?? To think of it, has he ever had a nightmarish performance in the GWG?

According to Dammy for beginners, Shehu made the team via federal character....

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:54 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
felarey wrote:
Seems Shehu is the new Ahmed Musa, that people just want yanked out of the team. The guy is only 26/27 yrs old. Why so much disrespect?? To think of it, has he ever had a nightmarish performance in the GWG?

He has had several nightmarish performances abeg, the guy is very average. Definitely there are far better players whose positions in the teams are been wasted on a crap below average player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
Quote:
felarey
Seems Shehu is the new Ahmed Musa, that people just want yanked out of the team. The guy is only 26/27 yrs old. Why so much disrespect?? To think of it, has he ever had a nightmarish performance in the GWG?




That's the new thing here. they will find a scapegoat and vilify him for no reason. Afterwards, "monkey see monkey do" will follow and the narrative becomes Gospel. if we're being honest, shehu wasn't as bad as they want us to believe he is. infact, he was solid at Olympics and ANCQ unfortunately, he lost form during the WC then this harrassment became Gospel. It's how they wanted to harass Musa until I started defending him if not, everyone here would had been disparaging Musa. The bobo was even playing well at ANC in game 1 (his only match) until he got injured. Anyway, thank God that BABA dosen't listen to these Criminals before selecting players


Quote:
Tobi17
He has had several nightmarish performances abeg, the guy is very average. Definitely there are far better players whose positions in the teams are been wasted on a crap below average player.



Thank God that I havent missed any SE game that was televised in the last few years because I am about to dispute that with facts/stats. please, list the Nightmarish performances that he had in the last few years


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tobi17 and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group