Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14116
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.

KPOM, you've said it all... on current form and quality, whom among those full backs can Shehu bench? he's just another Echejilie. very average and uneventful as a player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
Quote:
Vancity Eagle
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.



So, because he gave a frivolous penalty against algeria (dive) all his previously good performances should be negated? you must be a zee "football know nothing" The fact of the matter is that shehu had a great Olympic performance and also excelled at ANCQ against cameroun (4-0) algeria (3 1) and Zambia (1-0) he was the one that assisted iwobi goal against zambia. yes, he had a poor game against Croatia just like iwobi, mikel, moses etc but that's not enough reasons to discard him. even ebuehi conceded an unnecessary penalty against Iceland should we discard him? ekong scored an owngoal against algeria should we discard him? Shehu is an intelligent/hardworking footballer that can play various positions and should be in no shape of form discarded. This is the same nonsense that you started with Ahmed musa until it became Gospel before some started rightfully defending musa. why do you have such hatred for "Northern players" SMDH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
Even Shehu the Hausa guy was playing relatively well at ANC game 1 before he got injured


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
I'm waiting for you guys to show us the bad games that shehu had that the rest of his teammates didn't have. CE will find scapegoat to blame and if no one defends them, it will become Gospel. This is the same thing they did to John ogu, and tried to do to Ahmed musa. now, shehubis their next scapegoat. Shameless hypocrites


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
This John fellow is pretty retarded.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
Quote:
Tobi17
This John fellow is pretty retarded.


This small boy you don't learn lessons abi dont get me having you apologizing again sha. anyway, stick to the topic sha provide evidence of shehu nonsense game so I can dispute it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14116
Which midfielder or right back is Shehu BETTER THAN that he should be in the squad ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
Once Ejaria, Lookman and Akpoguma get their FIFA clearances and join the team, with others like Ejuke, Sadiq Umar waiting to break in from the fringes... deadwoods like Shehu surely would be gone... even Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3376
Quote:
tobi17
Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.


This small boy how many times have I told you that your World cup GOAT isn't going anywhere until he retires or Rohr leaves. it seems like you just like talking for talking sake. Nigerians are obsessed with rookies stinking up the joint at the big stage. The same nonsense they did in 2002 dropping experienced players like finidi, babangida, oliseh for some talented BACKWATER players


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18406
john12 wrote:
Quote:
tobi17
Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.


This small boy how many times have I told you that your World cup GOAT isn't going anywhere until he retires or Rohr leaves. it seems like you just like talking for talking sake. Nigerians are obsessed with rookies stinking up the joint at the big stage. The same nonsense they did in 2002 dropping experienced players like finidi, babangida, oliseh for some talented BACKWATER players


Abeg no mind slow Toad Tobi. The guy is way behind schedule , he’s now showing signs of Ebola Virus inside his brain years after the rest of the world has moved on to Corona. He’s a sick Toad. :laugh:

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3144
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
john12 wrote:
Quote:
tobi17
Musa isn't far off from been dropped for good, but I trust he will be smart enough to retire before that happens.


This small boy how many times have I told you that your World cup GOAT isn't going anywhere until he retires or Rohr leaves. it seems like you just like talking for talking sake. Nigerians are obsessed with rookies stinking up the joint at the big stage. The same nonsense they did in 2002 dropping experienced players like finidi, babangida, oliseh for some talented BACKWATER players


Abeg no mind slow Toad Tobi. The guy is way behind schedule , he’s now showing signs of Ebola Virus inside his brain years after the rest of the world has moved on to Corona. He’s a sick Toad. :laugh:

This dunce and his gay partner John12 surely make a wonderful pair :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7870
Dammy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
Mystic,
How is Shehu's invite on point?
Dude is playing in a league (Turkish Div 2) that is no where near as competitive as any one of the outfield players invited.
Not to mention the fact that the only 2 positions he can play are RB and DM. In those 2 positions, based on the invitation list, he would be #3 or 4 in the depth chart (bear in mind, Semi Ajayi could also play DM role - more effectively, IMO). He offers no value to this current team.
But as previously stated, he will be rendered surplus to requirements once the likes of Ejaria and another midfielder obtain their FIFA clearance.
mystic wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:
-> Really struggle to understand Shehu's invite - the guy has outlived his relevance to this team. Besides, he's like the 3rd or 4th option for the positions he plays on the team. I figure he would be out when the likes of
-> Akpeyi has been consistent at club level, so his invite makes sense (in light of no other credible keeper out there).
-> Ezenwa offers no value to the team - his spot should have been offered to the Isreali based keeper - Adebayo. Time to start grooming, instead of relying on failed projects.
-> Musa is captain and in light of Lookman's switch not yet approved, his invite makes sense.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.



Shehu's invitation is on point. Balances out the squad as a utility player at fullback and midfield.

Adebayo is a promising player but way too early to be in the national team picture. Meanwhile Ezenwa is in excellent form at Heartland. You should know by now that Rohr is a patient builder. I think the young goalkeeper to watch in the coming months is Alampasu if he progresses at Ventspils. The U23s would have been ideal for Adebayo to prove himself if we had qualified for the Olympics.

I'm not trying to open a can of worms but I wonder if Shehu and Musa were southerners playing in those lowly leagues, would they have been invited?



Mikel and Ighalo retained their place in the Super Eagles despite playing in China.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:14 pm
Posts: 7870
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.



1. Like I intimated before, you think like a fan and not like a coach. That's where your confusion stems from.

2. As good as Ehizubue is, he's not ahead of anybody just yet, until he dons a Super Eagles jersey and proves it.

3. Sure Rohr knows that he brings more to the table than Shehu and has big plans for him with the national team going forward; but it's a step by step process and Rohr will stick with Shehu until those who he sees as his replacement have earned his trust.

4. It's not by accident that Shehu has been listed as a midfielder for this squad as he will likely get an opportunity to prove himself at his more natural position as better options emerge at Right back.

5. Shehu's value to the Super Eagles has always been as a utility player and every team needs such players at the back end of their roster. We were playing him as our primary Right back because we had no other choice, but now he gets to slot into a role that best suits his talent as far as being a Nigerian international.

6. Please explain to me how Shehu is behind Azubuike in the pecking order when the same Azubuike has never been officially invited to the Super Eagles under Rohr. Azubuike may be ahead of Shehu in your mind, but that is not the reality of things.

7. As for Mikel Agu, he hasn't been playing recently (returning from injury) so he was never going to be in the picture in this window. Had he been playing regularly it would have been interesting to see who Rohr would have invited between him and Shehu but I suspect the latter because of Shehu's versatility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: U.S
mystic wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
Shehus defensive style is horrible and he gives away PKs easily. One was against Algeria completely pointless, and I believe he did the exact same thing one other time.

And it's not whether he is poor or not, it's the fact that he has no purpose on the team.

As a right back he is behind

Aina, Awaziem, Ezibuhe,

And as a midfielder he is even behind people who were not invited this match (Mikel Agu, azuibikwe)

So the excuse that he can play 2 positions is pointless when we already have plenty of cover BETTER THAN HIM in both those positions.

At one point in time, when Rohr first began as coach it made sense to invite him, but it doesn't anymore.



1. Like I intimated before, you think like a fan and not like a coach. That's where your confusion stems from.

2. As good as Ehizubue is, he's not ahead of anybody just yet, until he dons a Super Eagles jersey and proves it.

3. Sure Rohr knows that he brings more to the table than Shehu and has big plans for him with the national team going forward; but it's a step by step process and Rohr will stick with Shehu until those who he sees as his replacement have earned his trust.

4. It's not by accident that Shehu has been listed as a midfielder for this squad as he will likely get an opportunity to prove himself at his more natural position as better options emerge at Right back.

5. Shehu's value to the Super Eagles has always been as a utility player and every team needs such players at the back end of their roster. We were playing him as our primary Right back because we had no other choice, but now he gets to slot into a role that best suits his talent as far as being a Nigerian international.

6. Please explain to me how Shehu is behind Azubuike in the pecking order when the same Azubuike has never been officially invited to the Super Eagles under Rohr. Azubuike may be ahead of Shehu in your mind, but that is not the reality of things.

7. As for Mikel Agu, he hasn't been playing recently (returning from injury) so he was never going to be in the picture in this window. Had he been playing regularly it would have been interesting to see who Rohr would have invited between him and Shehu but I suspect the latter because of Shehu's versatility.



Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 41512
Location: UK
9jaMan wrote:
Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Way too harsh.
You don't need to make yourself look ridiculous just to emphasise a point.
He is a national team player and has merited his call-ups in the past and has played his part when called upon.

Na wa.
You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: U.S
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Way too harsh.
You don't need to make yourself look ridiculous just to emphasise a point.
He is a national team player and has merited his call-ups in the past and has played his part when called upon.
Na wa. You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:



I was being nice by calling him Trash, shehu has never merited a call up to SE, was it his club form? what has he done in SE or at club level? The National team is reserved for the best legs and blended into a team. Shehu cannot hold a place in SE first 23, and thus Rohr invited 24


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 41512
Location: UK
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Shehu is trash, stop wasting energy explaining the importance of a talentless player. Shehu can play for countries like Togo but in SE there is no use for shehu. Simple and plain.
Way too harsh.
You don't need to make yourself look ridiculous just to emphasise a point.
He is a national team player and has merited his call-ups in the past and has played his part when called upon.
Na wa. You need to show some respect for all of them - the same way you expect them to show respect when called upon to don the GWG. :roll:



I was being nice by calling him Trash, shehu has never merited a call up to SE, was it his club form? what has he done in SE or at club level? The National team is reserved for the best legs and blended into a team. Shehu cannot hold a place in SE first 23, and thus Rohr invited 24
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Okay.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9902
Location: loughborough.
9jaMan is a well known Musa hater, not surprised he has transferred it to Shenu!

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2512
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 41512
Location: UK
olu wrote:
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.

:source:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7990
Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.
olu wrote:
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2512
Shehu can play RB, Balogun is a CD. Collins will start at LB.

Otitokoro wrote:
Shehu is incapable of playing as LB or CD, where Aina and Ekong are preferred.
Still maintain that Shehu is not relevant and is a wasted invite.
olu wrote:
It's good Rohr invited Shehu and Balogun since Aina and Ekong are out of the game due to COVID-19 travel concerns.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group