How I suspect Rohr will line up against Sierra Leone

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
How I suspect Rohr will line up against Sierra Leone

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

4-3-3:

*********************************Osimhen*********************************

**************Kalu**************************Chukwueze******************

************************************Iwobi**********************************

********************Ndidi****************************Aribo******************

***Aina*************Ajayi***************Ekong***************Awaziem***

*****************************************Akpeyi******************************

I do not see him using Maduka Okoye, despite his promotion to the Fortuna Dusseldorf first team and I do not see him playing Kingsley Ehizibue as Rohr is very reluctant to use new players.

He will have to drop his favourite Ahmed Musa as there is no room for him in the starting line-up. Even Moses Simon will be ahead of him in the queue.

Later on in the game, I can see Ehizibue, Musa and Dessers coming on though. I just hope this team gels.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: How I suspect Rohr will line up against Sierra Leone

Post by doctorollie »

Pretty much! Move Aribo further forward to play Iwobi's role, drop Iwobi to the bench and pair Ndidi with Etebo and we are set!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Aina and Ekong are out of the game.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tobi17 wrote:Aina and Ekong are out of the game.
Why?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

doctorollie wrote:Pretty much! Move Aribo further forward to play Iwobi's role, drop Iwobi to the bench and pair Ndidi with Etebo and we are set!

It is not certain that Aribo can play that playmaker role. He can be tried there but in a friendly, not a game of this importance.

Over the long term, we need a natural playmaker like Nwakali, Ebere or Ejaria to play the number 10 role. I am no fan of Etebo either as he loses the ball too much.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Despite the fact those two play in Italy they themselves have been playing league games in the Serie although behind closed doors,I’m assuming you are referring to the current Corona Virus crisis.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
doctorollie wrote:Pretty much! Move Aribo further forward to play Iwobi's role, drop Iwobi to the bench and pair Ndidi with Etebo and we are set!

It is not certain that Aribo can play that playmaker role. He can be tried there but in a friendly, not a game of this importance.

Over the long term, we need a natural playmaker like Nwakali, Ebere or Ejaria to play the number 10 role. I am no fan of Etebo either as he loses the ball too much.
Does not matter where Or what position he plays, the key is the he scores goals and creates chances with his movements.

I believe he will be more effective from an advanced role rather than defending as a CD
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

There’s a slight contradiction in what you are implying, one of the players you mentioned can’t find stability in his career at present and the other two are not even registered as Nigerian if you mentioned Ejuke I’d totally understand.
A player that was tested in a friendly and did well compared to a bunch players that play in the English Championship with no senior international football experience what so ever (England youth players) and a player that can’t settle into a club just shouldn’t be mentioned until they do otherwise!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Iwobi has played very well in the last few SE games.

He was great against Lesotho, and I just rewatched the Ukraine match, where he was also very good. We just dont currently have a player that can drive forward with good control of the ball, and awareness right now. Unless we want to experiment with someone like Kalu or Ejuke, but I would wait for a friendly.

Etebo also actually played very well also in that Ukraine match.

Aribo gets us goals with his movement which is very key, and why he starts over Etebo IMO, but I think Aribo needs to improve on the defensive side of his game. If we are up against a tough opponent, and Etebo is in the kind of form he showed against Ukraine, I would consider to give the go ahead to Etebo.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Despite the fact those two play in Italy they themselves have been playing league games in the Serie although behind closed doors,I’m assuming you are referring to the current Corona Virus crisis.

Is there not a lockdown in Italy which restricts international travel in or out of Italy? Can someone confirm this? I have not followed the news closely. However, I read that Saintfiet, Gambia's Manager, is complaining about likelihood that he will not have 7 of his players from Italy. He has called on CAF to simply put off the qualifiers until later.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He loses the ball too much but stats recorded by intelligent machines that dont wear thick lab lens glasses show that he has about 92% pass completion rate for Nigeria. The highest in the damn blooooody team.

Please find another lie.

And btw, Etebo is starting against Sierra Leone. He's back to regular football in Laliga, while Aribo has buckled a bit in Scottish league and Iwobi has been learning how to sit on bench since Ancelotti arrived.

We know Rohr;s major consideratoin for starting in this team is "playing regular football in your club".

if you had said, the few times he loses the ball, its usually almost fatal, then ill understand.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

osita wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Does not matter where Or what position he plays, the key is the he scores goals and creates chances with his movements.

I believe he will be more effective from an advanced role rather than defending as a CD
Aribo? CD? i hope the CD stands for Condom bcos that would make more sense than saying he plays as a central defender.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

He loses the ball too much but stats recorded by intelligent machines that dont wear thick lab lens glasses show that he has about 92% pass completion rate for Nigeria. The highest in the damn blooooody team.

Please find another lie.

And btw, Etebo is starting against Sierra Leone. He's back to regular football in Laliga, while Aribo has buckled a bit in Scottish league and Iwobi has been learning how to sit on bench since Ancelotti arrived.

We know Rohr;s major consideratoin for starting in this team is "playing regular football in your club".

if you had said, the few times he loses the ball, its usually almost fatal, then ill understand.
How exactly has Aribo "buckled"?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

osita wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Unfortunately, that is not how football works. Where you play is vital, if not, we would just play Francis Uzoho as our targetman!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:

Is there not a lockdown in Italy which restricts international travel in or out of Italy? Can someone confirm this? I have not followed the news closely. However, I read that Saintfiet, Gambia's Manager, is complaining about likelihood that he will not have 7 of his players from Italy. He has called on CAF to simply put off the qualifiers until later.
Can I return home from Italy?

Essentially, anyone who wants to leave Italy can do so.

Italian authorities are not forcing everyone to stay exactly where they are. The new decree only prevents people travelling for non-essential reasons.

Returning home, including to another country, is considered an essential reason
https://www.thelocal.it/20200310/can-i- ... strictions

This site seems to indicate they can travel, that being said, things are quite fluid, Italy may $#% its ports while they are away. Also, with the juve player that has been diagnosed with the virus, isn't there a risk they may have been exposed?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Good line up. With Aina out Collins will probably start at LB.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

All matches are off
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

But am sure Nwakali can play AM without kicking a meaningful ball in 3 yrs...
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Regardless of your disdain for Moses Simon, no way on God's green earth would Rohr start Kalu over him, considering the fact that Kalu has had recent subpar games for Girondins Bourdeaux and Moses is a starter and in a very rich vein for form for Nantes.
Secondly, Ehizibue will start ahead of Collins or whoever at RB, because he is the best RB in the squad - you can take that to the bank.
And don't be surprised if Rohr starts BOTH Osimhen and Dessers on the front line, considering Dessers currently plays in a 4-3-3 formation for Heracles Almelo.
Lastly, I really don't see Rohr starting Aribo over Etebo. Etebo is currently playing at a higher level (La Liga) and for a team that is doing well in the Europa Cup (Getafe). Besides, he is a much more experienced player in comparison to Aribo.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:4-3-3:

I do not see him using Maduka Okoye, despite his promotion to the Fortuna Dusseldorf first team and I do not see him playing Kingsley Ehizibue as Rohr is very reluctant to use new players.

He will have to drop his favourite Ahmed Musa as there is no room for him in the starting line-up. Even Moses Simon will be ahead of him in the queue.

Later on in the game, I can see Ehizibue, Musa and Dessers coming on though. I just hope this team gels.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote:Regardless of your disdain for Moses Simon, no way on God's green earth would Rohr start Kalu over him, considering the fact that Kalu has had recent subpar games for Girondins Bourdeaux and Moses is a starter and in a very rich vein for form for Nantes.
Secondly, Ehizibue will start ahead of Collins or whoever at RB, because he is the best RB in the squad - you can take that to the bank.
And don't be surprised if Rohr starts BOTH Osimhen and Dessers on the front line, considering Dessers currently plays in a 4-3-3 formation for Heracles Almelo.
Lastly, I really don't see Rohr starting Aribo over Etebo. Etebo is currently playing at a higher level (La Liga) and for a team that is doing well in the Europa Cup (Getafe). Besides, he is a much more experienced player in comparison to Aribo.

Chief, Collins is a LEFT back, not a RB.
You're not the first to make the same mistake.
Ehizibue will therefore not be dragging position with him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

My bad...an error of clarification on my part.
I meant Chidozie Collins Awaziem, not Jamilu Collins.
Damunk wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:Regardless of your disdain for Moses Simon, no way on God's green earth would Rohr start Kalu over him, considering the fact that Kalu has had recent subpar games for Girondins Bourdeaux and Moses is a starter and in a very rich vein for form for Nantes.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro,

First, we all know that the Sierra Leone games are off. I believe they will be rescheduled for the summer. If the virus is still impeding at that time, at least one Sierra Leone game will be played the week of September as the one of two competitive games that week (The other is a WCQ). In any case, how many times has Rohr started a guy who he is yet to test out in a friendly? Two times! One was a meaningless WC qualifier v Algeria (Anthony Nwakaeme) after Nigeria had surely gone through and then in an ANCQ v Seychelles (Kalu). That is it. Think about this Echiejile was clearly over the hill when Aina came to camp and yet in Aina's debut, he had to come off the bench for Echiejile! What does that tell you? Rohr ain't going to take a chance on Ehizibue when Awaziem has delivered in games. Ehizibue and Dessers will likely come off the bench in their first games, except if they play in a friendly for SE before a qualifying game.
Otitokoro wrote:My bad...an error of clarification on my part.
I meant Chidozie Collins Awaziem, not Jamilu Collins.
Damunk wrote:

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof,
I hear your argument BUT the fact is Rohr has done it before as you stated, especially with Kalu in an ANCQ. I just struggle to believe that he would bench Ehizibue, who is the most solid, natural RB on the squad for a make shift RB, especially when you consider the schoolboy mistakes Awaziem made in the Lesotho match (lucky not to be sent off for a blatant red card - last man foul on a Lesotho attacker, as well as his own goal).
Rohr tends to have greater faith in players from Leagues he is familiar with (France and Germany). Ehizibue is, not only playing for a renowned Bundesliga team, but is currently one of the best RB's in the Bundesliga. Again, I really doubt he would be on the bench for any other RB in that squad, irrespective of whether or not he is a first timer.
Enugu II wrote:Otitokoro,
First, we all know that the Sierra Leone games are off. I believe they will be rescheduled for the summer. If the virus is still impeding at that time, at least one Sierra Leone game will be played the week of September as the one of two competitive games that week (The other is a WCQ). In any case, how many times has Rohr started a guy who he is yet to test out in a friendly? Two times! One was a meaningless WC qualifier v Algeria (Anthony Nwakaeme) after Nigeria had surely gone through and then in an ANCQ v Seychelles (Kalu). That is it. Think about this Echiejile was clearly over the hill when Aina came to camp and yet in Aina's debut, he had to come off the bench for Echiejile! What does that tell you? Rohr ain't going to take a chance on Ehizibue when Awaziem has delivered in games. Ehizibue and Dessers will likely come off the bench in their first games, except if they play in a friendly for SE before a qualifying game.