Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone clash

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone clash

Post by fabio »

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has listed team captain Ahmed Musa, vice-captain William Ekong and veteran defender Kenneth Omeruo in his 24-man Super Eagles’ roster for the quick-double 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone this month.

There are also goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, defenders Leon Balogun and Olaoluwa Aina, midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and forwards Alex Iwobi and Victor Osimhen in the list of three goalkeepers, eight defenders, five midfielders and eight forwards.

Germany–based defender Kingsley Ehizibue, on the books of FC Koln, and Holland-based forward Cyril Dessers have been called up for the first time, while England–based former U-17 World Cup winner Kelechi Iheanacho returns to the fold.

Nigeria host the Leone Stars at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba on Friday, March 27, before flying to Freetown to confront the Stars at the Siaka Stevens Stadium in the return four days later.

Victory in both games will virtually guarantee Nigeria a spot at the 33rd Africa Cup of Nations scheduled for Cameroon early next year, ahead of their away clash to Benin Republic in Porto Novo in June and home tie against Lesotho early September.

24 EAGLES FOR LEONE STARS’ BATTLES

Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); Maduka Okoye (Fortuna Dusseldorf, Germany)

Defenders: Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Leon Balogun (Wigan Athletic, England); Chidozie Awaziem (CD Leganes, Spain); William Ekong (Udinese FC, Italy); Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Kingsley Ehizibue (FC Koln, Germany)

Midfielders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Etebo Oghenekaro (Getafe FC, Spain); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Ramon Azeez (Granada FC, Spain)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia); Alexander Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Victor Osimhen (Lille OSC, France); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Cyril Dessers (Heracles Almelo, The Netherlands); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France)

https://punchng.com/breaking-full-list- ... one-clash/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Full list: Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles...

Post by Tobi17 »

Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has listed team captain Ahmed Musa, vice-captain William Ekong and veteran defender Kenneth Omeruo in his 24-man Super Eagles’ roster for the quick-double 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone this month.

There are also goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, defenders Leon Balogun and Olaoluwa Aina, midfielder Wilfred Ndidi and forwards Alex Iwobi and Victor Osimhen in the list of three goalkeepers, eight defenders, five midfielders and eight forwards.

HOMEJUST INNEWSCORONAVIRUS CRISIS: 24/7 UPDATESMETRO PLUSSPORTSBUSINESSENTERTAINMENTCOLUMNSEDITORIALSPECIAL FEATURESADVERTISE

5'
SPORTS
[BREAKING] Full list: Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone clash
Published March 4, 2020

Rohr

Germany–based defender Kingsley Ehizibue, on the books of FC Koln, and Holland-based forward Cyril Dessers have been called up for the first time, while England–based former U-17 World Cup winner Kelechi Iheanacho returns to the fold.

Nigeria host the Leone Stars at the Stephen Keshi Stadium in Asaba on Friday, March 27, before flying to Freetown to confront the Stars at the Siaka Stevens Stadium in the return four days later.

Victory in both games will virtually guarantee Nigeria a spot at the 33rd Africa Cup of Nations scheduled for Cameroon early next year, ahead of their away clash to Benin Republic in Porto Novo in June and home tie against Lesotho early September.

5'
SPORTS
[BREAKING] Full list: Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone clash
Published March 4, 2020

Rohr
Ad

24 EAGLES FOR LEONE STARS’ BATTLES

Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Ikechukwu Ezenwa (Heartland FC); Maduka Okoye (Fortuna Dusseldorf, Germany)

Defenders: Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Leon Balogun (Wigan Athletic, England); Chidozie Awaziem (CD Leganes, Spain); William Ekong (Udinese FC, Italy); Olaoluwa Aina (Torino FC, Italy); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Kingsley Ehizibue (FC Koln, Germany)

Midfielders: Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor FC, Turkey); Etebo Oghenekaro (Getafe FC, Spain); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Ramon Azeez (Granada FC, Spain)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia); Alexander Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Victor Osimhen (Lille OSC, France); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Cyril Dessers (Heracles Almelo, The Netherlands); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France)

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 17&ampcf=1

We should get the confirmation from NFF Twitter account soon, but punch is credible so seems about right.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr invites 24 players for Super Eagles, Sierra Leone c

Post by olu »

Solid squad. Happy to see Ehibueze and Dessers. Ejuke's time will come if he keeps playing well.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very happy for Dessers :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Very happy to see Ehibizue in particular, that's one solid full back we've always needed for that problematic RB position, solid insight from Rohr and the NFF to invite him :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

good squad minus Akpeyi, cannot wait for Uzoho to return
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr calls up 24 for Nations Cup double header against Sierra Leone later this month - See more at: https://bit.ly/2PMNCEc

In the main not a bad team but it still shows hallmarks of Rohr's attachment certain members of the old, guard. I fail to see the justification for inviting Akpeyi, Ezenwa, Musa and Shehu, who are all yesterday's men.

Now that Dele Alampasu has joined a team playing in the Europa league, I hope to see him in our next squad come June. By then, Uzoho should have also fully recovered, so should man goal for us.

I am also hoping that by June, Kelechi Nwakali will have sorted himself out, that Ebere Eze will have committed himself to Nigeria and that Tyronne Ebuehi will also be back to full fitness. Rohr has the nucleus of a great squad.
They will all eventually fall by the wayside.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So who has actually been dropped?
Becos everyone seems to be there, plus more. :shock:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Overall very good squad

Positives

Ezibuhe and Dessers addition

No more Onuachu

Negatives

Shehu Abdullahi still ? I was rejoicing to not see him in the defenders section only to see him listed as a midfielder

Ejuke should have been called

Was hoping Ejarias clearance would have happened in time

OVERALL

This is probably the best squad overall under Rohr
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote:So who has actually been dropped?
Becos everyone seems to be there, plus more. :shock:
24 players instead of 23

Onuachu, Mikel Agu and Dennis dropped

Dessers, Ezibuehe, Iheanacho, Balogun added
Last edited by vancity eagle on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: They will all eventually fall by the wayside.
... The one playing Semi Professional in Germany is the new standard for SE! :clap: :clap: :clap:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

With the likes of

Dessers, Iheanacho, Osimehn, Musa, and even Simon who can all play up top, I'm wondering if it's time for Rohr to go 442, especially playing against "smaller" teams.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

fabio wrote:
... The one playing Semi Professional in Germany is the new standard for SE! :clap: :clap: :clap:
https://www.von.gov.ng/okoye-moves-up-t ... usseldorf/
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

FAMOUS QUOTES:
Sunset wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Didn't this guy (Ehizibue) declare his intention to rep Nigeria a long time ago ?
Soory to burst your bubble but Ehizibue is dead-set on playing for the Netherlands regardless of our interest in him and we already have Ebuehi that's younger than him and rated more highly amongst the dutch press
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=294929&p=5436892
:D :D :D :D :D

Can someone give us the heads up on Ehizibue?
There isn't much to find on him on the net aside from his transfer to Koln last year.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
fabio wrote:
Fabio? How far? :D
It seems you are going to have to find a new sour spot. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If Ebuehi returns to form, will he fall behind Kingsley Ehibizue in that RB position? Personally I'll rank our Right backs in these order:

Kingsley Ehibizue
Tyrone Ebuehi
Awaziem (he's been decent playing that position)
Collins
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
fabio wrote:
It seems you are going to have to find a new sour spot. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Fabio is just shameless smh
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:If Ebuehi returns to form, will he fall behind Kingsley Ehibizue in that RB position? Personally I'll rank our Right backs in these order:

Kingsley Ehibizue
Tyrone Ebuehi
Collins
Aina ?

Collins is a leftback bro.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
fabio wrote:
This is the squad for the main team.

https://www.f95.de/profis/team/kader/

Please help me locate Okoye!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:If Ebuehi returns to form, will he fall behind Kingsley Ehibizue in that RB position? Personally I'll rank our Right backs in these order:

Kingsley Ehibizue
Tyrone Ebuehi
Collins
Aina ?

Sorry Aina, how do you rank them
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

whatever you want to say about Rohr , the man is very logical in his thinking and callups

He has retained certain players who can play multiple positions.

with the emergence of Ezibuhe, he is now added to Aina and Shehu, as well as Awaziem who can play in the RB position making 4 options

with Collins and Aina we have 2 options at LB

Ajayi although emerging to be one of our best CB's can also still play in midfield. Ditto with Shehu.

I think with the players Rohr is calling we may start playing a 442 and Iwobi can become an option on the wings.

This team is highly flexible and dynamic.

On Ezibuhe it was reported that he was the fastest player in the bundesliga. This is a major coup, personally I would opt with him at RB and Aina at LB.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

Kingsley Ehibizue
Tyrone Ebuehi
Collins
Aina ?

Sorry Aina, how do you rank them

For now Aina is definately above Ebuehi, until he can prove otherwise. I haven't really seen Ehbiuze but he is the fastest player in the Bundesliga and is highly rated. I would play "Eze" on the right and Aina on the left. Aina is better than Collins at LB IMO. With Aina and Eze we would have 2 very fast attacking quality fullbacks, something we have not had in a long time.