Cyriel Dessers - video Interview on SE invite

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Cyriel Dessers - video Interview on SE invite

Post by theYemster »

danfo driver wrote:Musa, the capital failure who was kicked out like trash from leicester and had to settle for his level-- saudi arabia?
Clearly you're not a fan, but is this really necessary? The guy is the highest scoring Nigerian at the world cup. So much for "settling for his level".
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, I really doubt that Dessers will start in any of the games v S/Leone, except if he explodes in training. He more likely will start on the bench in both games and possibly will not even be used as a sub in the first game, except if the game is a blow out. If not a blow out, then he is likely to make a cameo appearance as a late sub in the second game. Just a hunch and a note that Iheanacho was also called up.
I must admit I have not watch any of the games Dessers has played, but I doubt he is better than Musa and Osinhem or even Iheanacho has been for Nigeria. I would not play him ahead of any of these players. I see him coming on at the 80th minute just to cap him. I think the defender has a better chance playing than he does.
He's definitely better than Musa, way more cerebral and actually knows how to hold up play brilliantly aside from his impressive ability to find pockets of space and finish very well with both feet. I would say his finishing is on par with Osimhen and Kele, needless to say he also brings that physical presence to harass defenders (also pretty decent in the air)....in Dessers, Osimhen, and Kele, I will dare say we easily have the most exciting attack dynamic in Africa bar maybe Senegal and Algeria.
I bet you haven't watched him enough to come to these conclusions? Belgian league is not on TV regularly, so there is no way you can say definitely that he is better than Musa that we have watched for years.
Kai, he plays in Holland not Belgium, you see why you need to downing that JW once in a while? :taunt:

JW comes lately :lol:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I go talk am again. These are the types of foreign born players we should allow in our team. No be people wey don reject us before, wey come dey beg us when dem don old finish
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

:clap: :clap: Welcome Cyril, these are the kind of players we should be talking to, not the come back when my country of birth has rejected me. See excitement, see pride, see expectation, I already loving this boy. I am going to add him to the list of my football sons.

Someone show this clip to those other ones....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:In my view, I really doubt that Dessers will start in any of the games v S/Leone, except if he explodes in training. He more likely will start on the bench in both games and possibly will not even be used as a sub in the first game, except if the game is a blow out. If not a blow out, then he is likely to make a cameo appearance as a late sub in the second game. Just a hunch and a note that Iheanacho was also called up.
I must admit I have not watch any of the games Dessers has played, but I doubt he is better than Musa and Osinhem or even Iheanacho has been for Nigeria. I would not play him ahead of any of these players. I see him coming on at the 80th minute just to cap him. I think the defender has a better chance playing than he does.
He's definitely better than Musa, way more cerebral and actually knows how to hold up play brilliantly aside from his impressive ability to find pockets of space and finish very well with both feet. I would say his finishing is on par with Osimhen and Kele, needless to say he also brings that physical presence to harass defenders (also pretty decent in the air)....in Dessers, Osimhen, and Kele, I will dare say we easily have the most exciting attack dynamic in Africa bar maybe Senegal and Algeria.
I bet you haven't watched him enough to come to these conclusions? Belgian league is not on TV regularly, so there is no way you can say definitely that he is better than Musa that we have watched for years.
Kai, he plays in Holland not Belgium, you see why you need to downing that JW once in a while? :taunt:
The Dutch league is on ESPN but I doubt most people watch it as much as say EPL, Seria A or Bundesliga. Heck even as much as lige Un. So I take your proclamation of ‘definitely better than Musa’ as your bias talking. Not actually based on watching him. :D
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Same difference ...both second tier leagues...

I do wish him success in the Green white Green. But we have Musa, Osinhem, Iheanacho, ahead of him unless he sets the place on fire when he comes on.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cito wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
The Dutch league is on ESPN but I doubt most people watch it as much as say EPL, Seria A or Bundesliga. Heck even as much as lige Un. So I take your proclamation of ‘definitely better than Musa’ as your bias talking. Not actually based on watching him. :D
On which ESPN? I have not seen their games on ESPN.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

1naija wrote:
Cito wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:

Sorry can I just ask what does Setting the place on fire mean, is that not the reason for him pulling up in the first place to come and set the place on fire and get picked? If he is coming to pour cold water on the team then he might as well stay in Holland. On record alone is one of the best strikers around at the moment sure is no Aguero but certainly on better form than kelechi and co
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

1naija wrote:
Cito wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
1naija wrote:
My point exactly. It is on ESPN+

https://www.espn.com/soccer/schedule/_/league/ned.1
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."