Dessers: "I Can Already Sing the Nigerian Anthem...."

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Dessers: "I Can Already Sing the Nigerian Anthem...."

Post by Enugu II »

'I Can Already Sing The National Anthem' - Belgian-Born Striker Dessers Reveals Ahead Of Potential Cap-tying Game
https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=35523
Published: March 07, 2020

Heracles Almelo striker Cyriel Dessers has boasted that he can recite the Nigerian national anthem correctly ahead of a potential debut against Sierra Leone on March 27, a game that could see him become cap-tied to the Super Eagles for life.

It has been noted that the foreign-born players in the Super Eagles ranks such as Leon Balogun, Joe Aribo and Ola Aina, and even the Nigerian-born Alex Iwobi who was raised in England, find it difficult singing the Nigerian national anthem during pre-match formalities.

Born in Belgium twenty-five years ago, Dessers admitted that he has hardly visited Nigeria, so he must have learnt the lyrics to the national anthem from his Nigerian mother.

Reacting to his maiden call-up to the Nigeria squad, Dessers told Tubantia : "It is very special for us. We have always followed the Nigerian team, I can already sing the national anthem.

"We used to want to go that way, but there was negative travel advice. Now I am still going, but then in the protected world of football.

"My distant dream and ambition was to play for Nigeria one day, but that was not considered real".

Dessers is battling Lille's Victor Osimhen and Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho for a starting spot against Sierra Leone.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dessers: "I Can Already Sing the Nigerian Anthem...."

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very good. A lot of people here can't do that.
OCCUPY NFF!!
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: this is type of guy we want....not tami-tami
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

asabatex wrote::thumbs: this is type of guy we want....not tami-tami
Lets forget about Tami it ain’t about him, he made bed let him lie in it.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So he can sing the anthem? What am I missing here?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Dessers enthusiasm is infectious. We need this sort of commitment, not those who identify with Whizkid, Davido, Burna boy etc but cannot make a commitment to their fatherland!
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Overated
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ohenhen1 wrote:Overated
What the anthem or the player?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol:
I need glasses o,
I had to read that one too many times.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Very good. A lot of people here can't do that.
People like Bigpokey24, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:So he can sing the anthem? What am I missing here?
You are missing your so called 'critical thinking skills.' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Eeeeeh, Ohenhen1 still dey here?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...who told him it's prerequisite to wear GWG?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Translated from Dutch
Finally Dessers goes to Nigeria, the country where he previously could not come

It was once a dream for Cyriel Dessers: becoming Nigeria's international. Now it is reality. The coming international matches will be the striker of Heracles for the first time in the selection of the country where his roots are.

Fardau Wagenaar 06-03-20, 19:32

His mother asked him to check it extra. She couldn't believe that son Cyriel Dessers is now really selected for the national team of her home country Nigeria. The country where a lot of family lives and where their roots are. Although she was not born there herself, her children were born in Belgium and never traveled to the African country, which was torn for years by a civil war. "It is very special for us. We have always followed the Nigerian team, I can already sing along the national anthem, ”says Dessers.

A street with family
It is two days before the match of Heracles against RKC Waalwijk when he talks about the adventure that awaits him. For the first time in his life, he travels to Nigeria in late March, to Lagos, where part of his family lives on a street. “We used to want to put it on the side, but there was negative travel advice. Now I still go, but then in the protected world of football. My distant dream and ambition used to be to play for Nigeria at some point, but that was not considered real. ”

Green-white
So it was. Dessers did not go unnoticed this season with his fifteen league goals for Heracles. He has been leading the top scorers list of the premier league with a small break since November. In Nigeria, they follow the striker closely through all kinds of live streams and fans often leave a message on his social media channels.

The country is crazy about football, he already knew that, but he is now experiencing it himself. And it will not diminish once he wears the green and white. "The people of the union told me before that I was doing well, but they made no promises. Very nice that it will come anyway. ”

Dries Mertens
Belgian attacker Dries Mertens reacted under a photo of the election of Dessers on Instagram. His aunt immediately called the Heracles striker. "To say that my nephew was completely impressed that Mertens responded," he says with a broad grin. "I have had more reactions from the Belgian corner. It is a pity that I will not play for Belgium, but I was not busy with the Red Devils. ” The attacker concluded earlier that this is unfeasible.

His uncle in Lagos wants to teach him some words via Facetime in Yoruba, one of the spoken dialects in Nigeria. "I am certainly going to do that. English is the working language, also in the team. ”

Dessers would like to return to the Netherlands at the beginning of April with great experiences and playing minutes in his legs. "Ultimately that's why it is. It's been a great journey, but I want to actually wear that shirt, prove to me. ”
Nigeria plays at home and against Sierra Leone for qualification for the Africa Cup. "We are not playing against a high flyer, but that is also difficult. The game is very physical in Africa. ”

https://www.tubantia.nl/heracles/eindel ... ~a897f5d7/
His enthusiasm s infectious. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "