Nigerian League team set to quit NPFL to join a foreign leag

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

emjay
Egg
Egg
Nigerian League team set to quit NPFL to join a foreign leag

Post by emjay »

Nigerian National League side, Vandrezzer, Has revealed plans to quit the NNL and Join a foreign league in Europe or South Africa after the recent Postponement of the NNL season

According to a statement released on the club's Official Media Page, There are plans on going to Move the port Harcourt Based team to a different league. 

"In view of the recent indefinite postponement of the NNL resumption for the 2019/2020 league season, Vandrezzer Football Club wishes to announce to our dear fans that all hope is not lost. Currently, plans are underway to engage with another league abroad." The club wrote on its Official Website

"This decision was reached at an emergency management meeting held yesterday, after due deliberations and simulations on the current situation."
Consequently,... KEEP READING HERE
scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigerian League team set to quit NPFL to join a foreign

Post by scholl »

If this is not just talk, then I assume the organization already considered the much higher cost of operating expenses?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...they can't do simple travel logistics within the country na to carry dem palavar abroad.
Like all loud mouth Nigerians they are not an exception.
It's our way :laugh:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This must be early April fool’s joke...

Dear Fans....we are moving to South Africa or Europe....

Fans: Great but who will pay for the flight, accommodation, visa.....talkless of Europe that is infested with Corona v.

Forgot...all their leagues are closed as well
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Vandrezzer’s decision too hasty ― NNL

….Says, ‘they should’ve waited for NFF Appeals Committee’

The Nigeria National Football League has dismissed allegations levelled against it by Vandrezzers FC of Lagos as unfounded.

Reacting to the reasons adduced by the Lagos based club for which they based their pulling out of the league, NNL Chief Operating Officer, Emmanuel Adesanya said the club’s accusations were unfounded.

Speaking in a chat with Sports Vanguard, Friday, Adesanya said contrary to what the management of Vandrezzer FC said, in the case of Osun United, the NNL could not have taken a decision without getting match reports from the officials appointed to superintend the match.

“The match in Osogbo ran its full course and the result was in favour of the home side. This was supported by the match commissioner’s and match referee’s reports, hence the decision to award the match to Osun. Whatever happened outside the pitch did not interfere with the course of the match“

When reminded that match officials could have compromised in their reports, Adesanya replied, “That is why we have Independent Match Assessors. They are neither known by the match commissioners nor the referees. Even the clubs do not know them.”

He also dismissed the incident at the home match of Go Round FC in Omoku, Rivers State.

“We at the NNL were not aware of any negotiations between the two clubs concerning the said money the home side asked them to pay before they would allow live streaming of the match. While we support the live streaming of matches, it must however be made clear that the home side have absolute rights to the match. Apart from Vandrezzer, other clubs including Shooting Stars of Ibadan also livestream their matches. But I must say Vandrezzer FC are the most equipped, I give it to them.”

Continuing, Adesanya said, “During our negotiations with Vandrezzer FC, we asked them if the demand for whatever amount Go Round was asking for was documented. They said no. Was that enough for them to have refused to play the game? They left Omoku that evening and drove all night to Benin, despite the risk they were putting their players and officials to.”

Adesanya said the decision by the club to pull out from the league was hasty and unfortunate. “They had appealed to the NFF Appeals Committee. They should have waited for the committee to meet and make a decision on their case before any action. The NFF Appeals Committee is expected to sit before the next round of matches which begins next week. I think they were hasty.”
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

emjay wrote:Nigerian National League side, Vandrezzer, Has revealed plans to quit the NNL and Join a foreign league in Europe or South Africa after the recent Postponement of the NNL season

According to a statement released on the club's Official Media Page, There are plans on going to Move the port Harcourt Based team to a different league. 

"In view of the recent indefinite postponement of the NNL resumption for the 2019/2020 league season, Vandrezzer Football Club wishes to announce to our dear fans that all hope is not lost. Currently, plans are underway to engage with another league abroad." The club wrote on its Official Website

"This decision was reached at an emergency management meeting held yesterday, after due deliberations and simulations on the current situation."
Consequently,... KEEP READING HERE
Didn't know this before. Now that I know, every decision they've made so far is corrcet!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Awesome decision.

More teams should get together and form independent leagues. Regional and even state leagues should return. CAF qualification (which only 2-4 teams get) cannot be a reason to put up with all the rubbish.

Football is a lot better than Basketball though. (I have made the decision to avoid 'grassroots' football. Too many players in the field, and there are many other neglected sports at the grassroot and schools level)

In Basketball, the league has not held for over 3 years because 2 big men are fighting.

Some Nigerian American boys got together to form a regional league, and the fighting big men united temporarily to run it out of town https://theundefeated.com/features/ugo- ... ll-league/

Eventually, the NBA caught on, and is now starting the African Basketball league.

I was part of an effort to have a small invitational earlier this year. Mostly driven by the players themselves due to the lack of local action for over 3 years.

Despite this, there was still serious opposition from those in power (they withdrew the right to use Rowe Park, etc). You can't run it well, but you want to force others out of the space. You can begin to understand why the Nigerian government will continue to have aggressive defenders, no matter how bad things get.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote:Awesome decision.

More teams should get together and form independent leagues. Regional and even state leagues should return. CAF qualification (which only 2-4 teams get) cannot be a reason to put up with all the rubbish.

Football is a lot better than Basketball though. (I have made the decision to avoid 'grassroots' football. Too many players in the field, and there are many other neglected sports at the grassroot and schools level)

In Basketball, the league has not held for over 3 years because 2 big men are fighting.

Some Nigerian American boys got together to form a regional league, and the fighting big men united temporarily to run it out of town https://theundefeated.com/features/ugo- ... ll-league/

Eventually, the NBA caught on, and is now starting the African Basketball league.

I was part of an effort to have a small invitational earlier this year. Mostly driven by the players themselves due to the lack of local action for over 3 years.

Despite this, there was still serious opposition from those in power (they withdrew the right to use Rowe Park, etc). You can't run it well, but you want to force others out of the space. You can begin to understand why the Nigerian government will continue to have aggressive defenders, no matter how bad things get.
truetalk,

Interesting.

In my view, this is the way to get out of the clutches of the state. However, I am concerned that here you are referring to "big men." Are these state actors or private interests?
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Almost always State actors, or people boasting close connections to the Presidency. So they use DSS and all to fight each other while the sport suffers. You know the number of NFF elections where the DSS barred or detained one candidate or the other.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/nigerians ... p-dispute/

All the Federations are run top down, and not bottom up, so the interested party that is close to the President will win. In this case, it appears both of them have strong Abuja connections, and one of them (Tijani Umar) is a Perm Sec in the Presidency (maybe of the state house, actually).

If things were properly run, there is no reason why CyberEagles cannot be incorporated and be a member of the NFF, and other Sports Federation. It might mean we are paying subscriptions, but we will also get benefits, including tickets, lunch with the team once in 2 years etc.

CE is not the best example though, it will be corporation, for whom a tax break regime could be designed for their support of Sorts Federations (to be incorporated as 501c3 or Incorporated Trustees)

There were lots of Tennis, Football and Basketball tickets available at my previous employers due to the sponsorship of sports tournaments and federations.

That is why Pinnick should get a bit of credit (even though he also ascended via political patronage). He has brought in some independent funding to the NFF.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

truetalk wrote:Almost always State actors, or people boasting close connections to the Presidency. So they use DSS and all to fight each other while the sport suffers. You know the number of NFF elections where the DSS barred or detained one candidate or the other.

All the Federations are run top down, and not bottom up, so the interested party that is close to the President will win. In this case, it appears both of them have strong Abuja connections, and one of them (Tijani Umar) is a Perm Sec in the Presidency (maybe of the state house, actually).

If things were properly run, there is no reason why CyberEagles cannot be incorporated and be a member of the NFF, and other Sports Federation. It might mean we are paying subscriptions, but we will also get benefits, including tickets, lunch with the team once in 2 years etc.

CE is not the best example though, it will be corporation, for whom a tax break regime could be designed for their support of Sorts Federations (to be incorporated as 501c3 or Incorporated Trustees)

There were lots of Tennis, Football and Basketball tickets available at my previous employers due to the sponsorship of sports tournaments and federations.

That is why Pinnick should get a bit of credit (even though he also ascended via political patronage). He has brought in some independent funding to the NFF.
Truetalk,

I think several CE members have alluded to this and give Pinnick credit on this particular issue inspite of misgivings on several other matters.

I previously spoke with an influential guy in Nigerian football and they have muted ways of getting out of the stranglehold that the state holds over football. It is a big challenge given that state actors need football as perhaps one of the instruments that it realizes is the link to public good and support.

For the state, football is a huge weapon and shield. But this prevents football from developing to its own full potential.

The guy that I spoke with muted ideas of using academies (full of young talents) to create a separate league (devoid of state influence). This, he believes, can create the private league that many Nigerians seek but the state refuses to provide because of the importance of football to state actors.... too important to relinquish this strategic gem to private interests.....

With the current move by Vandrezzer, I wonder if it can generate the momentum to have other interested parties to breakaway and form a separate private league? I, however, believe that such a move will be torpedoed by the state via the NFF.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Enugu II wrote:
truetalk wrote:Almost always State actors, or people boasting close connections to the Presidency. So they use DSS and all to fight each other while the sport suffers. You know the number of NFF elections where the DSS barred or detained one candidate or the other.

Truetalk,

I think several CE members have alluded to this and give Pinnick credit on this particular issue inspite of misgivings on several other matters.

I previously spoke with an influential guy in Nigerian football and they have muted ways of getting out of the stranglehold that the state holds over football. It is a big challenge given that state actors need football as perhaps one of the instruments that it realizes is the link to public good and support.

For the state, football is a huge weapon and shield. But this prevents football from developing to its own full potential.

The guy that I spoke with muted ideas of using academies (full of young talents) to create a separate league (devoid of state influence). This, he believes, can create the private league that many Nigerians seek but the state refuses to provide because of the importance of football to state actors.... too important to relinquish this strategic gem to private interests.....

With the current move by Vandrezzer, I wonder if it can generate the momentum to have other interested parties to breakaway and form a separate private league? I, however, believe that such a move will be torpedoed by the state via the NFF.
TCC is a private league in Naija.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:thumbs: :thumbs:
folem wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Truetalk,

TCC is a private league in Naija.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian League team set to quit NPFL to join a foreign leag

Post by Sunset »

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 am

Truetalk,

EII,

I don’t understand this idea that the State has a strangle hold on football. Are there any laws that preempt any private investor from investing as much as they want to in football? I believe it is the unwillingness of private enterprise to invest in local football that’s the issue. The math is quite simple; you spend more money, you get better players, better management and a more solid foundation to build a stable football club… but as long as you are willing to allow the State to shoulder all the expenses of facilitating the game of football, the less leverage you’ll have in calling the shots. Wealthy Nigerians have muted ideas about buying clubs like Arsenal and so on and so forth. Why can’t they invest in the local environment? You can’t have the kind of influence you want without totally committing to investing in the local game❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:55 am

Truetalk,

EII,

I don’t understand this idea that the State has a strangle hold on football. Are there any laws that preempt any private investor from investing as much as they want to in football? I believe it is the unwillingness of private enterprise to invest in local football that’s the issue. The math is quite simple; you spend more money, you get better players, better management and a more solid foundation to build a arable football club… but as long as you are willing to allow the State to shoulder all the expenses of facilitating the game of football, the less leverage you’ll have in calling the shots. Wealthy Nigerians have muted ideas about buying clubs like Arsenal and do on and do forth. Why can’t they invest in the local environment? You can’t have the kind of influence you want without totally committing to investing in the local game❗️

Cheers.
Kpom.
But I’ve already got a headache thinking of how anyone could invest and build a viable club in what we know to be such a corrupt Nigerian football system. It’s a major deterrent, I’m sure. The more reason the efforts of clubs like Remo Stars need to be applauded.

Just as an aside, why are you guys confusing ‘muted’ and ‘mooted’?
They are almost opposite in meaning and the mix-up is instantly confusing…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:30 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:55 am

Truetalk,

EII,

I don’t understand this idea that the State has a strangle hold on football. Are there any laws that preempt any private investor from investing as much as they want to in football? I believe it is the unwillingness of private enterprise to invest in local football that’s the issue. The math is quite simple; you spend more money, you get better players, better management and a more solid foundation to build a arable football club… but as long as you are willing to allow the State to shoulder all the expenses of facilitating the game of football, the less leverage you’ll have in calling the shots. Wealthy Nigerians have muted ideas about buying clubs like Arsenal and do on and do forth. Why can’t they invest in the local environment? You can’t have the kind of influence you want without totally committing to investing in the local game❗️

Cheers.
Kpom.
But I’ve already got a headache thinking of how anyone could invest and build a viable club in what we know to be such a corrupt Nigerian football system. It’s a major deterrent, I’m sure. The more reason the efforts of clubs like Remo Stars need to be applauded.

Just as an aside, why are you guys confusing ‘muted’ and ‘mooted’?
They are almost opposite in meaning and the mix-up is instantly confusing…
👆🏿The keyboard fairy🙂❗️

Cheers.