It is currently Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:42 pm 

Quote:
Confed Cup loss: Horoya used ‘werepe’ on Enyimba, alleges Osho
Published March 16, 2020
https://punchng.com/confed-cup-loss-horoya-used-werepe-on-enyimba-alleges-osho/
’Tosin ’Oluwalowo

Enyimba coach, Fatai Osho, has alleged that Guinean side Horoya, used chemical substance on his players in their 2-0 loss in the CAF Confederations Cup on March 8 in Conakry.

Osho stated this in a video he shared on his Facebook page.

The loss ensured Enyimba, who had played a 1-1 draw with Horoya a week earlier in Aba, were dumped out in the quarter-final stage of the Confederations Cup.

“A complete disgrace. A team incapacitating her opponents through chemical agents during a match. This is absolutely unbelievable. I still can’t believe the shameful desperation of this Horoya team. Waiting for CAF position on it though,” Osho wrote on Facebook.

“If quick measures are not taken, they might ignorantly kill one of their opponents in their bid to be successful.

We scooped that Enyimba FC is the third team to suffer this agonising fate in Horoya AC hands.

“It was actually the Horoya AC players that perpetrated this act alongside the ball boys who hold these things for them. They capitalise on the opportunity of throw-in and corner-kicks to get it into the field to drop on opposing players.

“It is called ‘werepe’ in Yoruba language. No player will have this on his body and be able to perform and concentrate again. I still find it difficult to believe till this moment. They are a bunch of fraud and cheap people,” Osho added.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:16 pm 

If this is true, the league should ban whoever is responsible.
If this is fake news, those who initiated this story should be found and prosecuted.
To let this type of crass ideas fester will be the downfall of the league.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:32 am 

...video evidence? If someone sprinkle/splash liquid at you on the field as a player, you suppose to make some noise to the match officials at least they will document it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 am 

Naija Jornos !

At a minimum a Jorno should understand a subject b4 writing about it!
Grew up with quite a few Ngbati brothers and I remember that Werepe is actually a plant that makes you itch wherever touches your body.

No be chemical or liquid.

If ants don bite you b4 , you go understand werepe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:13 am 

Cmoke wrote:
Naija Jornos !

Grew up with quite a few Ngbati brothers and I remember that Werepe is actually a plant that makes you itch wherever touches your body.

I think it is the same plant or similar to poison ivy.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:13 pm 

Yeap he said it.. Sad i was not there..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:36 pm 

That werepé business is bad arse itchy plant. You make the mistake of touching the pods, especially the brownish fully ripe ones, well you will have an early experience of what living in hell looks like. You see those evil pods and you avoid them from a distance, damn miss my childhood when we roam the forest in developing Agbowo, Bodija axis of Ibadan.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:06 pm 

Cmoke wrote:
Naija Jornos !

Chemical compound in the werepe :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I go die o....

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:23 pm 

Yes o , my brother.
If werepe don touch you b4, you go know say touching werepe is also a bad idea.

Any ball boy touching Werepe must be prepared!

Plus there is no way Werepe go touch you wey u no go shout and dance craze dance. So we need to watch the video of the match to see if we can believe the coach.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

oloye wrote:
That werepé business is bad arse itchy plant. You make the mistake of touching the pods, especially the brownish fully ripe ones, well you will have an early experience of what living in hell looks like. You see those evil pods and you avoid them from a distance, damn miss my childhood when we roam the forest in developing Agbowo, Bodija axis of Ibadan.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:53 pm 

oloye wrote:

chief ,
OK I am confused. Thought you grew up in Ilorin now you are saying Bodija/Agbowo. Then again you did say you went to Methodist on the other thread.

Please explain the timelines

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:33 pm 

BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:

chief ,
OK I am confused. Thought you grew up in Ilorin now you are saying Bodija/Agbowo. Then again you did say you went to Methodist on the other thread.

Came to Ibadan 1968 from Lokoja where I was born, did my primary school and forms 1 and 2 in Ibadan. When my granny retired she moved back to Ilorin where I continued my high school and my Uni. There is nothing missing, just the final details:lol: :lol:

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:00 am 

oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:

chief ,

Came to Ibadan 1968 from Lokoja where I was born, did my primary school and forms 1 and 2 in Ibadan. When my granny retired she moved back to Ilorin where I continued my high school and my Uni. There is nothing missing, just the final details:lol: :lol:

You know those detective shows where them go put your picture for board, and show all your known accomplices and the places you don visit? E be like say BAP don build one about your life for him basement....Your agbowo comment almost scatter years of meticulous data aggregation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:09 pm 

oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:

chief ,

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:40 am 

Cmoke wrote:
Naija Jornos !

It's Poison Ivy bro...that crap is no joke...my problem with this story is why it was not reported when it happened on march 8th...

You can also get it at a discount directly on www.pa-jofficial.com
Thanks for you $upport and $hares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:42 am 

BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:

chief ,

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

….see what Trump's turned U to....paranoid...

You can also get it at a discount directly on www.pa-jofficial.com
Thanks for you $upport and $hares

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:47 am 

I feel like Poison Ivy stings more than the inch, I have it all over my yard here for yankee. For correct inch, peel yam and rub it over your body :D Or take cloroquine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:32 pm 

African Sports used the same on Soootin in Abidjan back in the days of African Clubs Champions cup.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:43 pm 

deanotito wrote:
oloye wrote:
BAP wrote:
oloye wrote:

chief ,

You know those detective shows where them go put your picture for board, and show all your known accomplices and the places you don visit? E be like say BAP don build one about your life for him basement....Your agbowo comment almost scatter years of meticulous data aggregation

:lol: :lol: :lol: It only showed he has not been as detailed as he thought. I have mentioned Samonda Village, Immanuel College, UI Campus severally on this forum, that was my hood growing up in Ibadan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:10 pm 

oloye wrote:

We dey drink boiled werepe leave back in the day. Good for the body :D :) :) :)

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:44 pm 

Sir V wrote:
oloye wrote:

We dey drink boiled werepe leave back in the day. Good for the body :D :) :) :)

Hardcore you be :lol: What is the drink for?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:23 pm 

That werepe no good o! I recall a friend giving it to me to hold. At first, I was thinking... no big deal. A few minutes later I was almost crying and everywhere I touched, the itch spread. I had to have a bath in my friends house and use palm oil with sand on my body afterwards. The itch was different from chloroquine itch sha