RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by Bell »

john12 wrote:Prof, the mere fact that you maltreated a coach in 2002, 2010 shouldn't give you the right to do the same in 2020. Whoever the coach is, local or foreign you must treat people fairly. Imagine your boss at your place of employment complaining after you met your precontratual target
KESHI, AND OTHER NIGERIANS WERE MISTREATED B4 WITHOUT OUTCRY

After Brazil 2014, all the NFA did was engage in infighting while other nations were preparing for upcoming tournaments. When this lack of preparation led to failure to qualify for the ANC, they had the excuse they needed ti fire Keshi. Need I mention that twice before, Amodu was also denied what he'd earned: the right to lead the SE to the WC. I didn't witness all this hand-wringing about stability and continuity then. After, Lagerback (mis)led Nigeria to its worst WC outing in SA 2010, can you believe the NFA was pleading with him to remain on grounds of continuity? It seems they're always looking for an excuse to fire a Nigerian while looking for one to retain a European.
Bell
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Bell wrote:
Orion wrote:It would make no sense to replace the coach now. The guy needs at least one more shot at the AFCON and the world cup, and I believe he can get us there.

If the coach is changed then qualification for both competitions is up in the air.

WELL...

…are they guaranteed with current coach?
Bell
Nothing in football is ever guaranteed. But the fact that the NFF often botch the appointment of a new coach combined with the fact that Rohr has qualified for all competitions so far (and even from arguably one of our toughest WCQing groups ever), we have to say we're more likely to qualify for both competitions with Rohr still in charge.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Enugu II wrote:Rumors are spreading on what the Federation is planning after Gernot Rohr's current term expires in June. Bear in mind that SE is unlikely to play until late June or July. Meanwhile, there are no reported meetings to renew Rohr's contract inspite of Pinnick's claim a few weeks ago that a renewal is in the works.

The media have begun to publish rumors of coaches brought up in conversation with Federation officials. Here are some names being mentioned:

1. Yusuf Salisu (doing reasonably well with Enugu Rangers)
2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

In my view, George is a nonstarter except as one of the assistant coaches. Yusuf is a possibility as a Caretaker if transition is bungled and late. Halilhodzic will not occur except if heavy funds are possible. Just my hunches.
1. Shouldn't be a consideration after what happened.
2. I guess.
3. Not really experience but what the heck.
4. Lol.
5. Sure, why not.
6. Why would he?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

bell
john12, THE PROBLEM IS NOT WHETHER HE MET THE GOALS...

…the problem is, who set such low goals?
Bell

Now, your stupid arrogant #$% is blaming NFF for setting a semi finals goal forgetting that prior to BABA hiring, we had failed to Qualify for Back to back ANC. this is one of the problem that I have with Fools. They just like to speak without thinking or realism.

Nff: Baba we want you to coach Nigeria and you must win ANC on your 1st assignment and reach World cup Quarter finals

Baba: Do you realize that we failed to Qualify for ANC 15, 17??

NFF: kai na ztrue I tok zeywa!

The simple fact that is BABA met his 2016 precontratual target and anything otherwise is being unfairly treated. these applies to local or Foreign coaches. Also, we must remember that just because Amodu was unfairly treated shouldn't justify a new coach to be unfairly treated instead we should learn from Previous Mistakes.

FYI, whoever you hire, set a target, if he attains it, renew his contract while if he fails to attain his precontratual agreement Terminate Him. No other way to say this again
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Some Nigerians want to eat their cake and ha6it simultaneously
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

NFF gives Rohr conditions for new contract

The Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick, has insisted it will no longer be business as usual if the Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr will be given a contract extension with the country’s national men’s football team.

Speaking on Arise TV on Monday, the NFF boss outlined three major conditions the German tactician will be required to accept and meet if he is to continue as the Super Eagles technical adviser.

Pinnick who also suggested that the onus is on Rohr to accept or decline the new deal he is to be offered, added that the NFF has several options of those genuinely interested in coaching the Super Eagles.

The NFF president said: “In one week, Rohr will get his contract, he should study his contract and come back to us. So, give and take, within seven days, he should have his contract.

“We have told him.

1) He must live in Nigeria.

2) His salary will be in Naira.

3) He must go around the leagues and see how he can nurture the players.

“If he is able to accept it, we have a deal. There are a lot of coaches that want to coach Nigeria,” Pinnick added.

Rohr, 66, is yet to win a silverware for Nigeria though he helped the three-time African champions qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia and also led them to a third-place finish at the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Rohr, whose current contract runs out in July, has been praised for moulding out a Super Eagles team that has a mixture of youth and experience.

The Super Eagles were scheduled to play Sierra Leone in Delta State capital on March 27 while the reverse fixture was expected to be held in Freetown four days later before the game was suspended due to coronavirus fears.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top ... tract.html
Rohr houseboys will not be happy with the new conditions :taunt: :taunt:

Will post the interview, when it´s available on Youtube.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSHW4yIxrQs[/video]

Kongi, wetin you want talk now?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSHW4yIxrQs[/video]

LOL. Uncle Rohr is gone. He has to be desperate to accept the conditions just listed.

Welcome to the Yobo era! :D
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

I am old enough to remember DNQ and when we used to quarrel over team list whenever it was released. Seem Rohr made us miss those good old days.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

imehjunior wrote:I am old enough to remember DNQ and when we used to quarrel over team list whenever it was released. Seem Rohr made us miss those good old days.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Remember that Fela song, 'Perambulator"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLh9yQE640k[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mugus everywhere. We seem to have a conveyor belt of useless people running things in Nigeria. If Rohr is busy scouting players in our useless league who will monitor the real players in Europe?

This is a very very easy problem for Rohr. Sign the damn contract with a smiling face, in 6 months they will have violated the contract and you get to do whatever you want. Nigerians do not honor contracts, period. I can not remember a time the NFF/NFA ever hired anybody and didn’t owe money. Naira or $ they don’t have it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Mugus everywhere. We seem to have a conveyor belt of useless people running things in Nigeria. If Rohr is busy scouting players in our useless league who will monitor the real players in Europe?

This is a very very easy problem for Rohr. Sign the damn contract with a smiling face, in 6 months they will have violated the contract and you get to do whatever you want. Nigerians do not honor contracts, period. I can not remember a time the NFF/NFA ever hired anybody and didn’t owe money. Naira or $ they don’t have it.
He can monitor them on TV like he does now!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

LWKMD can pinnick boldly say that he receives his salary in Naira or that he constantly watches local league players? the same guy that has been kissing England/germany C rated players for the past 3 years is all of a sudden now a "local league encourager" Omo wetin Ahmed musa no go see for Cyber eagles
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:LWKMD can pinnick boldly say that he receives his salary in Naira or that he constantly watches local league players? the same guy that has been kissing England/germany C rated players for the past 3 years is all of a sudden now a "local league encourager" Omo wetin Ahmed musa no go see for Cyber eagles
No need to LWKMD... instead look and laugh like Fela :laugh: :laugh: :taunt:

Pinnick´s job is not to monitor players, that´s Baba Rohr job, if he no like am, make him contact all those countries wey dey chase am for job! Offshore coach!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:LWKMD can pinnick boldly say that he receives his salary in Naira or that he constantly watches local league players? the same guy that has been kissing England/germany C rated players for the past 3 years is all of a sudden now a "local league encourager" Omo wetin Ahmed musa no go see for Cyber eagles
Not sure what the problem is with what he has said.
Rohr must live in Naija
Rohr must be paid in Naira
Rohr must monitor home-based players more closely

At the same time...
He was full of praise for Rohr's achievements so far.
He was full of praise for the current SE players.
He believes meritocracy is driving our team selection and should continue to, whether from HB or FB players
He expects even greater things to come our way
He is in regular contact with ALL our players

Do you disagree with any of these points?
There was something in there for everyone, haters and shriners alike.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

great news **** must go, this is a new way to kick him out ..let him reject the contract, if that **** accepts the contract, then he knows he can't get a better gig elsewhere to finish up building his hotel
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Omo abeg leave dem. Does Pinnick live in Warri? Has NFF been able to find the gems in the local league he wants Rohr to search for? Shebi WC qualifiers still fey come abi. All it takes is 1 draw at home and you’re out. Just ask Siasia. Unfortunately we don’t have Amodu and Keshi to rescuer for free anymore since they killed both by not paying their salary.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Omo abeg leave dem. Does Pinnick live in Warri? Has NFF been able to find the gems in the local league he wants Rohr to search for? Shebi WC qualifiers still fey come abi. All it takes is 1 draw at home and you’re out. Just ask Siasia. Unfortunately we don’t have Amodu and Keshi to rescuer for free anymore since they killed both by not paying their salary.
so what if we draw? Football is secondary....tell football to find the cure for covid 19 since football gets all the fat pay compared to scientists etc....why aren't they playing football right now if it is so important. .**** must go...if he has issues with the contract let him walk....almost 5 years as manager and all we have are participation trophies
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:
imehjunior wrote:I am old enough to remember DNQ and when we used to quarrel over team list whenever it was released. Seem Rohr made us miss those good old days.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Remember that Fela song, 'Perambulator"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLh9yQE640k[/video]
...Fela, this man know Nigeria left right and center. Wish he lived forever to say, "see, I tell una so".
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rohr is signing the new contract next week. :clap: :clap:
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

So he accepted the new terms and conditions :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A deal in hand, is worth more than planted stories of deals in the press.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Rohr is signing the new contract next week. :clap: :clap:

Great news indeed! We’ll see Pinnick at CAS in a few months after he defaults and the SE are cruising to victory. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote:So he accepted the new terms and conditions :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A deal in hand, is worth more than planted stories of deals in the press.
Say that without crying, Rohr is back! :rotf: :taunt: