RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by olu »

I'm surprised he agreed to the terms and will be signing. I'll be happy if he does.
Dammy wrote:Rohr is signing the new contract next week. :clap: :clap:
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

I am sure Pinnick fancies himself as the coach someday
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
fabio wrote:So he accepted the new terms and conditions :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A deal in hand, is worth more than planted stories of deals in the press.
Say that without crying, Rohr is back! :rotf: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wait. He accepted the contract :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: awooooooooo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Wait. He accepted the contract :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: awooooooooo
So are you saying it is a bad contract?
Think carefully and critically before you answer. :idea: :taunt: :taunt: :idea:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Rohr signs new contract because:
... I want to go to the next AFCON and World Cup, which means we must continue working together.
His ambition is to go (for a once in a life time holiday) :D and learn again :(

One Chance Rohr! (OCR)

https://punchng.com/ill-sign-new-eagles-contract-rohr/
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Baba don accept wuruwuru contract.
singing: o ti se o o ti se, o ti se o, o ti se oko pamileku o ti se
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:Baba don accept wuruwuru contract.
Baba, had no choice or he would have been on the unemployment queue?

Baba Once Chance, singing: o ti se o o ti se, o ti se o, o ti se oko pamileku o ti se
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
john12 wrote:Baba don accept wuruwuru contract.
Baba, had no choice or he would have been on the unemployment queue?

Baba Once Chance, singing: o ti se o o ti se, o ti se o, o ti se oko pamileku o ti se
I like you.
You make the best of bad news. :D
Its always good to be positive.
I'm happy for you that you are happy for him. :thumbs:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

trust me, Baba had offers from the likes of Marocco, Guinea, etc but he decided to stay at SE. Anyway, I am more concerned of the goals on his stipulated contract because SE is a team that should be aiming to progress not regress. his goal should probably be ANC final minimum and a WC quarter finals appearance. the problem with his new contractual goal is that regardless of his 2021 ANC and WC 2022 results, that's going to be his last tenure as SE coach. Baba don dey old
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

As for me, I don't judge coaches on playstyle, tactics etc but on Result. if they set a precontratual target for you, you better meet it or your contract shouldn't be extended and these applies to local or foreign coach. but a coach should never be terminated despite meeting his precontratual target
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:trust me, Baba had offers from the likes of Marocco, Guinea, etc but he decided to stay at SE. Anyway, I am more concerned of the goals on his stipulated contract because SE is a team that should be aiming to progress not regress. his goal should probably be ANC final minimum and a WC quarter finals appearance. the problem with his new contractual goal is that regardless of his 2021 ANC and WC 2022 results, that's going to be his last tenure as SE coach. Baba don dey old
Sure :D offers on the pages of newspapers and online agents.

He decided to stay because, he had no other choice.

Baba One Chance.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It's good news that Rohr wants to sign the contract but I really don't see the point of living in Nigeria and being paid in Naira. He should be keeping an eye on the real SE players who all play outside Nigeria (apart from one keeper).

We already have more than enough systems in place to fish out local talent:
- U17
- U20
- U23
- CHAN team

For the foreseeable future, SE players will come from European leagues. This is something we have to accept because unfortunately our "premier league" is no longer in Nigeria. It has moved abroad where the money is.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Orion wrote:It's good news that Rohr wants to sign the contract but I really don't see the point of living in Nigeria and being paid in Naira. He should be keeping an eye on the real SE players who all play outside Nigeria (apart from one keeper).

- U17
- U20
- U23
- CHAN team

For the foreseeable future, SE players will come from European leagues. This is something we have to accept because unfortunately our "premier league" is no longer in Nigeria. It has moved abroad where the money is.
Silly power play, they will simply be paying for a house in Abuja that homeboy will rarely be at, he will attend one or two NPFL games like he's been doing and still only pick foreign based lol, its just pea-cocking by the NFF.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

... We forgot to add... that Rohr should also be in charge of the CHAN team. That´s an expensive mistake!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Orion wrote:It's good news that Rohr wants to sign the contract but I really don't see the point of living in Nigeria and being paid in Naira. He should be keeping an eye on the real SE players who all play outside Nigeria (apart from one keeper).

- U17
- U20
- U23
- CHAN team

Does Rohr live in every country “outside Nigeria” that Nigerian players play in?
If he can monitor from ONE country, might as well be from Nigeria - you may not have noticed the era of steamships have long passed.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

most of his players reside in Europe so it will make sense if he resides close to his players in-lieu of visitation, speaking to players etc but you wanna be ignorant and act dumb so let's all play dullard. if you think NFF new contract isn't an attempt to disrespectf BABA then so be it
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Gotti wrote:

- U17
- U20
- U23
- CHAN team

Does Rohr live in every country “outside Nigeria” that Nigerian players play in?
If he can monitor from ONE country, might as well be from Nigeria - you may not have noticed the era of steamships have long passed.
If he is based in Europe then clearly he would be closer to the majority of his players. Most trips will probably be less than 2 hrs. Travelling regularly from Nigeria to monitor his players in Europe would not be feasible because it'll be too costly and too time-consuming. Watching them only on TV is not enough. Often times the coach needs to interact with these players in person.

This is clearly shooting ourselves in the foot but none of this surprises me anymore. For us to be where we are today in Nigeria, we have to be constantly self-sabotaging.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Orion wrote: If he is based in Europe then clearly he would be closer to the majority of his players. Most trips will probably be less than 2 hrs. Travelling regularly from Nigeria to monitor his players in Europe would not be feasible because it'll be too costly and too time-consuming. Watching them only on TV is not enough. Often times the coach needs to interact with these players in person.

This is clearly shooting ourselves in the foot but none of this surprises me anymore. For us to be where we are today in Nigeria, we have to be constantly self-sabotaging.
In three years, how many times has Rohr gone to monitor and visit players, when Rohr was based in Europe?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
Orion wrote: If he is based in Europe then clearly he would be closer to the majority of his players. Most trips will probably be less than 2 hrs. Travelling regularly from Nigeria to monitor his players in Europe would not be feasible because it'll be too costly and too time-consuming. Watching them only on TV is not enough. Often times the coach needs to interact with these players in person.

In three years, how many times has Rohr gone to monitor and visit players, when Rohr was based in Europe?
Probably same number of times as Pinnick... :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I won't be surprised if Rohr never asked to stay in Europe to coach the SE. Some overzealous ITK Nigerian in the NFF probably lectured him on the proximity of his residence in France to our players all across Europe, including Russia and told him he must stay in Europe and not stay in Nigeria, and he was like uhmmm...Okay.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote:I won't be surprised if Rohr never asked to stay in Europe to coach the SE. Some overzealous ITK Nigerian in the NFF probably lectured him on the proximity of his residence in France to our players all across Europe, including Russia and told him he must stay in Europe and not stay in Nigeria, and he was like uhmmm...Okay.
Pinnick signed the deal, not the overzealous ITK in the NFF.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

fabio wrote:
1naija wrote:I won't be surprised if Rohr never asked to stay in Europe to coach the SE. Some overzealous ITK Nigerian in the NFF probably lectured him on the proximity of his residence in France to our players all across Europe, including Russia and told him he must stay in Europe and not stay in Nigeria, and he was like uhmmm...Okay.
Pinnick signed the deal, not the overzealous ITK in the NFF.

Then it was a great deal! :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.