RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by Enugu II »

Rumors are spreading on what the Federation is planning after Gernot Rohr's current term expires in June. Bear in mind that SE is unlikely to play until late June or July. Meanwhile, there are no reported meetings to renew Rohr's contract inspite of Pinnick's claim a few weeks ago that a renewal is in the works.

The media have begun to publish rumors of coaches brought up in conversation with Federation officials. Here are some names being mentioned:

1. Yusuf Salisu (doing reasonably well with Enugu Rangers)
2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

In my view, George is a nonstarter except as one of the assistant coaches. Yusuf is a possibility as a Caretaker if transition is bungled and late. Halilhodzic will not occur except if heavy funds are possible. Just my hunches.
Last edited by Enugu II on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RUMORS: The reported search for Rohr's Replacement

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Any one of those coaches will the 2022 WC for us easily. Infact, most of them can win it by the end of this yr. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Salisu name should be removed from that list.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Nigeria is cursed sha. Bad leaders, weak people
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is one of the best news ever :clap: :clap: :clap: we do not need ****
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

highbury wrote:Nigeria is cursed sha. Bad leaders, weak people
just like that UK you live in ... setting up mortuaries instead of preventive measure towards corona
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:Rumors are spreading on what the Federation is planning after Gernot Rohr's current term expires in June. Bear in mind that SE is unlikely to play until late June or July. Meanwhile, there are no reported meetings to renew Rohr's contract inspite of Pinnick's claim a few weeks ago that a renewal is in the works.

The media have begun to publish rumors of coaches brought up in conversation with Federation officials. Here are some names being mentioned:

2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

In my view, George is a nonstarter except as one of the assistant coaches. Yusuf is a possibility as a Caretaker if transition is bungled and late. Halilhodzic will not occur except if heavy funds are possible. Just my hunches.
ehmmm Uncle, are you the source of the rumors?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

The enemies of Nigeria are at it again. Those evil men that always look for ways of destroying any progress made in that country. Why would any sensible or reasonable country want to get rid of a coach that has performed beyond expectations? Why? I hope this is a joke and fake.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

if replace naija should forget about world cup,
thanks
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Any one of those coaches will the 2022 WC for us easily. Infact, most of them can win it by the end of this yr. :thumb:
...if current coach is sidelined/removed, this your post will be resurrected by the end of this yr.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1naija wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Rumors are spreading on what the Federation is planning after Gernot Rohr's current term expires in June. Bear in mind that SE is unlikely to play until late June or July. Meanwhile, there are no reported meetings to renew Rohr's contract inspite of Pinnick's claim a few weeks ago that a renewal is in the works.

2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

King Yobo's name is not on the list.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Dumb move. Rohr is doing a good job and should continue.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Current comparative record as it stands to date.

DATA SOURCE:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/stephen-k ... 550/plus/1?
saison_id=&verein_id=3444&liga=&wettbewerb_id=&trainer_id=

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gernot- ... 824/plus/1?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I fail to see the need to replace him. Patience is something badly lacking with our football. We forget that it took Westerhoff five years to build a team.

When I look back at the attacks on Didier Descamps after Euro 2016 and then see how the French persevered with him until he won the 2018 World Cup, it is easy to tell that patience pays off. We are on a roll, we are drawing with Brazil and Rohr is gradually building a team. Replacing him now will be suicidal.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I fail to see the need to replace him. Patience is something badly lacking with our football. We forget that it took Westerhoff five years to build a team.

When I look back at the attacks on Didier Descamps after Euro 2016 and then see how the French persevered with him until he won the 2018 World Cup, it is easy to tell that patience pays off. We are on a roll, we are drawing with Brazil and Rohr is gradually building a team. Replacing him now will be suicidal.
Ayo, How dem wan share money dem dey look for.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This is one of the best news ever :clap: :clap: :clap: we do not need ****
It will soon be clear you are dreaming and your wish won't happen. Keep being happy, it will soon turn into cry.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ahidjo2 wrote:The enemies of Nigeria are at it again. Those evil men that always look for ways of destroying any progress made in that country. Why would any sensible or reasonable country want to get rid of a coach that has performed beyond expectations? Why? I hope this is a joke and fake.
I believe it's just a rumor, began by those who are looking to have their clients hired. I hope they end up crying for their failures
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Sir V wrote:
1naija wrote:

2. Emmanuel Amuneke
3. Finidi George
4. Julian Nagelsmann
5. Antoine Kamboure
6. Vahid Halilhodzic

King Yobo's name is not on the list.

That's why it's not a valid list.

BTW, I don't think the NFF can afford to or should maintain Rohr at the current salary, especially with the current low oil prices and the economic situation in the country. I don't see them hiring a higher profile coach either. I personally don't have any problem with not renewing Rohr's contract giving the current economic circumstance, eventhough I think he has done an excellent job for the team. If we can't afford Rohr, and our local coaches can work together, then I would prefer a team comprising of Finidi, Amunike, and Yobo, with Yobo as the overall Manager. Among the three, he has the most experience as a leader (captain) and will command more respect from our younger players. Finidi and Amunike can be the technical experts, while Yobo handle the political aspect of the position... dealing with the NFF and the Presidency. He is well respected globally and had a fantastic international globally recognized name.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:Current comparative record as it stands to date.

DATA SOURCE:
https://www.transfermarkt.com/stephen-k ... 550/plus/1?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gernot- ... 824/plus/1?
S.Keshi : AFCON gold 2013,( undefeated Brazil 2014 WCup 2nd round
****: AFCON 2019triple golden bronze lost 2 matches( madagascar) let in 7 goals WCup Russia 2018 3 games lights out out
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nah they should keep Rohr
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mcal wrote:...Rohr has suffocated them as per bribe, kickbacks, side deals, hence they want a new person.
With the list being tabled, they may be wanting a local coach they have screw anyway they want.
The mofos couldn't it to a white man.
After all this years a thief pocket gotta be dry. Bunch of idiots :curse:
Nigeria is a difficult place, Pinnick handed the U17, U20 and Olympic teams to them and we know the end result.
They're all now focused on the SE and if Pinnick bows to their pressure, the SE would go the way of the age grade teams.
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

in this particular case, the Nigerian public must be held accountable should rohr contract not getting renewed and SE going downhill. Their impatience caused NFF to start panicking. the irony of this situation is that a new coach will be mandated to
1) Qualify for ANC and reach semi finals
2) Qualify for World cup

The same exact goal that Rohr was mandated to achieve and he achieved. in 3 years time, when the new coach is building DELUSIONAL fans will call for his head and the cycle continues.