Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hoping Everyone Is OK!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

These times are much more than football. We are living through some unprecedented moments in our history.

I think it is important to reach out to everyone here and just check the pulse.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 pm 

Safe here. But the situation unfolding feels like war time!
There are hardly any essential commodities available to purchase.

[img];;http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm 

Im new to this forum. I havent gone outside the house for days now and I feel lonely not seeing and talking to the people I used to talk to about football. We just really need to follow health protocols and wait until they can find a cure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:42 am 

Thanks man, this is an important thread

Here in South Africa, we are on lockdown for 21 days , only allowed out for essentials - Food, medicine, Grants, Banking

Its tough out there, but hopefully something positive comes out of this,

Most important for us all now is to stay safe and healthy, stay hydrated and ensure you boost your immune system. I have some vitamin C supplements and I ensure I get at least 30 minutes of sunlight a day - I guess that makes some of us lucky.

Stay blessed everyone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 pm 

Thanks doing okay in Lagos . The governor is trying and hope people will take it a bit more seriously.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:45 pm 

we're hunkered down in Philly. Be safe, everyone!

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:12 pm 

Be safe all.God's protection on you all.

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:58 am 

YUJAM wrote:
These times are much more than football. We are living through some unprecedented moments in our history.

I think it is important to reach out to everyone here and just check the pulse.

Safe here as well. I think the Almighty God is sending a message to all of us. All mosques, churches and synagogues are closed, as well as other estabishments of course.

The Almighty is definitely not happy with our way of worship and behavior. This is the time for repentance. Just my personal thought!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:04 am 

gagliardisports247 wrote:
Im new to this forum. I havent gone outside the house for days now and I feel lonely not seeing and talking to the people I used to talk to about football. We just really need to follow health protocols and wait until they can find a cure.

Brother, i guess you can safely pace back and forth in front of your house, just avoid physical contact with people. Staying at home 24 hours a day could impact your health. Get out and take a walk (please U do not have to follow my advice)

I wear disposable gloves each time i need to go to the store and get rid of them before entering my house. As soon as i am in i follow the hygienic protocols given by the CDC.

This is the best time to read Psalm 91 daily if you are a Christian or Al-Fatiha if you are a muslim.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:08 am 

By the way, even if they find the cure, it will take months before they develop a vaccine. I gargle my throat evey morning with hot water and salt. It is NOT a cure but it could help toward preventing it. My brother from Abidjan told me ginger + garlic + onion crushed and boiled together is also a good deterrent.

God know best!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:42 pm 

Hunkered down in Boston. Working from home but thankfully excellent tools for working virtually. Not seeing patients actively anymore as only research & administration but likely will volunteer to help out some how even if just through telemedicine.
Stay well brothers and sisters and look after your loved ones. We are all in this together

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:19 pm 

Hunkered down in Boston. Working from home but thankfully excellent tools for working virtually. Not seeing patients actively anymore as only research & administration but likely will volunteer to help out some how even if just through telemedicine.
Stay well brothers and sisters and look after your loved ones. We are all in this together

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:54 pm 

Confined. Working from home. Only going to the supermarket while avoiding anyone on my path.

Stay safe. God is at work.

"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:37 am 

safe here eating pounded yam and ogbono soup with goat meat!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:53 am 

OBAKPOLOR wrote:
safe here eating pounded yam and ogbono soup with goat meat!

Why do we care about your diet? You aren't bigging up trump

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:33 pm 

Staying safe here in Denver. Been indoors the past couple of weeks. I only go out if I need a grocery run, ride my bike or sit on my balcony to enjoy sunshine. Been working from home now for the past three weeks

"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:46 pm 

Health care worker here based in Los Angeles, and the atmosphere is replete with mixed feelings, like a mood set in some post apocalyptic movie plot... the usual hustle, vivacity, traffic and animated nightlife that characterizes LA is more or less gone... the usually busy freeways now look scanty.

Needless to mention the panic with increasing numbers of COVID19 cases in my hospital ER... God dey sha, we shall overcome this one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:37 pm 

No hala here. I have arrested, beaten and destroyed Mr Corona Virus. No slow toading here. :laugh: :thumb:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm 

lukemana wrote:
By the way, even if they find the cure, it will take months before they develop a vaccine. I gargle my throat evey morning with hot water and salt. It is NOT a cure but it could help toward preventing it. My brother from Abidjan told me ginger + garlic + onion crushed and boiled together is also a good deterrent.

God know best!

I don't want to derail the intent of this good thread - but curious, your brother from Abidjan knows this ginger concoction is a good deterrent based on what exactly?

Btw, staying safe with the family here in the Houston 'burbs. Limiting outings to grocery store runs and occasional food take-out pickups. Kids can't have play dates...which has been really tough for them. Trying to hang outdoors as a family twice a day...basktball, walks, biking, soccer in the yard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

All is well on my side. We are doing well and keeping safe over here. :smile:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:30 pm 

Thanks for this thread.

we're doing well and trying to keep safe..

Also praying for - some form of respite for the whole world at this trying time; quick relief/recovery for anyone infected; comfort to those who have lost loved ones; and perfect peace for those who are gone.

peace and stay safe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:52 pm 

Yujam, God bless you for this thread. Staying safe indoors in central Pennsylvania while staying busy with personal injury law files working from home. Stay safe everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 pm 

I'm doing great here just outside London. I have been working from home and I only go out for a walk or for groceries.