Taye Taiwo: Where did it all go wrong?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Taye Taiwo: Where did it all go wrong?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Limited player, limited career.

You keep exposing yourself as a know nothing empty barrel. Did You watch TNT at his prime? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:rotf: you do know Kalani is a Cameroonian
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Limited player, limited career.

You keep exposing yourself as a know nothing empty barrel. Did You watch TNT at his prime? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
He's was good for OM but as soon as he left to try at higher levels he got exposed.

How? He had a tough time in Italy. So did P. Viera. Unfortunately for TNT, there was no Arseng Wenger to rescue his career.
Vieira was 19 at Milan competing with Desailly, Abertini and those guys, Taiwo was 25 against a washed up Zambrotta, Antonini and Mesbah.
I might be wrong but even Urby got games at LWB ahead of him.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kalani Jr you are talking absolute nonsense. TNT was never given a fair shot in Milan. Those Italians are natural born racists and they were hell bent on undermining TNT. He had a bad patch and they quickly threw him under the bus instead of working with him. This is the same guy that was a beast in Marselles. After his bad spell in Milan his confidence dropped and the rest was history. Dude was a fantastic LB and I wish we had a LB as dominant as him in the SEs today.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

bret- hart wrote:Kalani Jr you are talking absolute nonsense. TNT was never given a fair shot in Milan. Those Italians are natural born racists and they were hell bent on undermining TNT. He had a bad patch and they quickly threw him under the bus instead of working with him. This is the same guy that was a beast in Marselles. After his bad spell in Milan his confidence dropped and the rest was history. Dude was a fantastic LB and I wish we had a LB as dominant as him in the SEs today.
He couldn't displace Antonini. He was great at Marseille but Serie A was a step too high for him
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:TNT played from 205-2019, that’s 14 yrs as a pro. No he wasn’t Roberto Carlos but he did fairly well as pro but unfortunately he ran out of gas. Imho, he did just ok. The 2005 u20 had a lot of good players but in the end Mikel, Taiwo, Eguke and Kaita were the only ones who contributed to SE. I thought Abwo would turn out to be good pro but he didn’t. Kai... I even had hopes for Vanzekin.
6-7 yrs at a high level, which excludes the forays into Finland, etc
Its clear to me he was playing with a football age...
And this is based SOLELY on his 6-7 years at a high level?

Can you list all those with less than 6-7 years at the high level so that we can see those using a football age?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

I dont know why you guys are busting blood vessels over this :)
Simple fact is TNT probably did flasify his age. To what extent we do not know but it was extremely common in those days.
However the fact remains that he had a very good professional football career regardless.
One has to give huge props to him for the level of committment, sacrifice, consistency and professionalism that was required for him to end up playing over 500 top class games for club and country and unlike a lot of his peers, he never appeared outside the top league in any of the clubs he played for.

Great player.
YNWA
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGtQ9H0GVuk[/video]

Start from 11:24. This shd be 2009/2010.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

eyan wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGtQ9H0GVuk[/video]

Start from 11:24. This shd be 2009/2010.

Really enjoyed this clip. Who’s this host?? He’s very good! I wish we did more shows like this.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

These humble beginnings are why he always played with a smile on his face grateful for each game he got to play. We act like we can really compare the struggle these boys go through to even make it to where they got to these European kids who come through a well put together process through academies and feeder teams to make it go the top. We should be applauding these boys not trying to denigrate them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... h-fxXUclJs[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!