Oliseh: I will NEVER coach the Super Eagles again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Oliseh: I will NEVER coach the Super Eagles again

Post by pajimoh »

Settled then....

Sunday Oliseh: I will never coach the Super Eagles again

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS
The 45-year-old has revealed his reasons for leaving his position as the manager of the three-time African champions and promised never to return

Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has stated he will never coach the Nigeria national team again, given his unpleasant past experience.

Oliseh had a great impact during his time with the West Africans as a player and was part of the side that won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations.

In 2015, he was appointed as coach of the Super Eagles taking over from another former international Stephen Keshi, who guided the side to clinch the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Oliseh, however, endured a torrid time while in charge of the West Africans and complained of poor treatment from his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The former Super Eagles captain has recalled the events that led him to quit his role as manager of the side in 2016.

“No, I don’t have the intention of ever coaching the [Super] Eagles again,' Oliseh told the Punch.

"I loved working with the boys, I love coaching my country, but the atmosphere around it was no longer healthy.

“I didn’t want the job anymore. Health-wise I was not feeling too good; secondly, we were owed salaries. I was spending money on my health and on my team. I just couldn’t die on the job.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid and these are two players who won trophies for Nigeria.

“I’ve never heard Gernot Rohr complain about wages. Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid, for six months my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”

The former Super Eagles captain also highlighted some of the lofty plans he had for the three-time African champions before he left the side after 14 games with only two losses.

“I had good plans for the team. You will notice that at a time I brought in [Wilfred] Ndidi, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho, young players who are dominating now," he continued.

"I brought in a world-class goalkeeper [Carl Ikeme] because I felt the old breed were ready to leave.

“The same philosophy I used while with the Eagles was the same philosophy France used at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“Sometimes you ask yourself questions about Nigeria. You won laurels for the country as a player, you’re doing well as a coach, you were about qualifying for the World Cup and you’re unpaid for four months.”

https://www.goal.com/en/news/sunday-oli ... dlf3bnxzwg
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh: I will NEVER coach the Super Eagles again

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Who asked him? :lol: :lol: I keed, I keed. :mrgreen:

He makes some valid points. :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Oliseh has come again with his attention seeking.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The Punch newspaper asked him. Now take a punch yourself POW!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

pajimoh wrote:Settled then....

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS
The 45-year-old has revealed his reasons for leaving his position as the manager of the three-time African champions and promised never to return

Former Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh has stated he will never coach the Nigeria national team again, given his unpleasant past experience.

Oliseh had a great impact during his time with the West Africans as a player and was part of the side that won the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations.

In 2015, he was appointed as coach of the Super Eagles taking over from another former international Stephen Keshi, who guided the side to clinch the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.

Oliseh, however, endured a torrid time while in charge of the West Africans and complained of poor treatment from his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).

The former Super Eagles captain has recalled the events that led him to quit his role as manager of the side in 2016.

“No, I don’t have the intention of ever coaching the [Super] Eagles again,' Oliseh told the Punch.

"I loved working with the boys, I love coaching my country, but the atmosphere around it was no longer healthy.

“I didn’t want the job anymore. Health-wise I was not feeling too good; secondly, we were owed salaries. I was spending money on my health and on my team. I just couldn’t die on the job.

“Truth is, we have a foreign coach now and from what I heard and know, he is being paid four times the wages Stephen Keshi and I were paid and these are two players who won trophies for Nigeria.

“I’ve never heard Gernot Rohr complain about wages. Keshi, while he was coaching, was always complaining, when I was coaching for four months, I was unpaid, for six months my assistants were unpaid, so I had to leave the job; we were also being frustrated.”

The former Super Eagles captain also highlighted some of the lofty plans he had for the three-time African champions before he left the side after 14 games with only two losses.

“I had good plans for the team. You will notice that at a time I brought in [Wilfred] Ndidi, Alex Iwobi, Kelechi Iheanacho, young players who are dominating now," he continued.

"I brought in a world-class goalkeeper [Carl Ikeme] because I felt the old breed were ready to leave.

“The same philosophy I used while with the Eagles was the same philosophy France used at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“Sometimes you ask yourself questions about Nigeria. You won laurels for the country as a player, you’re doing well as a coach, you were about qualifying for the World Cup and you’re unpaid for four months.”

Carl Ikeme was never in the class of Vincent Enyeama that Oliseh chased away from the SE.
I am happy
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Oliseh is delusional. In what world is a keeper in his late twenties in the Championship considered world class? He chased off Enyeama, a truly world class keeper and replaced with him Ikeme who was good, but not world class.
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS

Carl Ikeme was never in the class of Vincent Enyeama that Oliseh chased away from the SE.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Oliseh is actually a competent and very knowledgeable coach. His downfall is his temperament and poor man-management skills. He also pulled a tactical master stroke by benching Mikel for Paul Onobi.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:lol: please give it a rest.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

His last coaching fiasco vindicates all his critics which I’m one; dude is emotionally deprived. Someone of the stature he falsely claims should have embraced and nurtured all the systemic shortcomings to world standard. If it is about pay ok, you bring knowledge and enlist all the bodies involved to help fix the pay issues. the people often don’t know any better and require coaching as well. Essentially that’s what Rohr is doing - showing emotional maturity even in face of provocations. You can’t fix a problem by becoming a problem. Oliseh like many of you here is emotionally immature and cognitively wanting. It is in his language and thought process. You are a former player and a Nigerian and have gone overseas and seen what it takes to build a world standard corporate body yet you came acting like a danfo conductor. Take a look at Rohr a foreigner for that matter displaying broard affect and humility embracing and managing all the systemic crisis therein. If you claim higher knowledge then show your inferiors how it’s done using a cool head. Abeg Oliseh shut your mouth and go sit down
Rohr houseboys don’t mistake this as an endorsement of Rohr either. He tactically deprived too as far field play goes
Last edited by jette1 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

olu wrote:Oliseh is delusional. In what world is a keeper in his late twenties in the Championship considered world class? He chased off Enyeama, a truly world class keeper and replaced with him Ikeme who was good, but not world class.
Oliseh DID NOT chased off Enyeama. Enyeama chased off himself
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

olu wrote:Oliseh is delusional. In what world is a keeper in his late twenties in the Championship considered world class? He chased off Enyeama, a truly world class keeper and replaced with him Ikeme who was good, but not world class.
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS

Ikeme was actually in his 30s when Oliseh called him up for Nigeria and chased away the only world class player in the SE then, Vincent Enyeama.
Also he brought in his brother, Churchill's clients Uzochukwu and Igboun to the SE squad. This is why some of us support Rohr's merit based selection process.
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote:
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS

Ikeme was actually in his 30s when Oliseh called him up for Nigeria and chased away the only world class player in the SE then, Vincent Enyeama.
Also he brought in his brother, Churchill's clients Uzochukwu and Igboun to the SE squad. This is why some of us support Rohr's merit based selection process.
I'm not his biggest fan but there is nothing wrong with calling up his brother's clients if he did not hide the fact that his brother managed the team. Many coaches have managed their own children. Alex Ferguson often sent loan players to his team.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

jette1 wrote:His last coaching fiasco vindicates all his critics which I’m one; dude is emotionally deprived. Someone of the stature he falsely claims should have embraced and nurtured all the systemic shortcomings to world standard. If it is about pay ok, you bring knowledge and enlist all the bodies involved to help fix the pay issues. the people often don’t know any better and require coaching as well. Essentially that’s what Rohr is doing - showing emotional maturity even in face of provocations. You can’t fix a problem by becoming a problem. Oliseh like many of you here is emotionally immature and cognitively wanting. It is in his language and thought process. You are a former player and a Nigerian and have gone overseas and seen what it takes to build a world standard corporate body yet you came acting like a danfo conductor. Take a look at Rohr a foreigner for that matter displaying broard affect and humility embracing and managing all the systemic crisis therein. If you claim higher knowledge then show your inferiors how it’s done using a cool head. Abeg Oliseh shut your mouth and go sit down
Rohr houseboys don’t mistake this as an endorsement of Rohr either. He tactically deprived too as far field play goes
Say no more: Well said!! :clap:
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Is anyone from the NFF trying re employ this guy? I was a strong supporter during his only term and he let the fans down. He has zero man management skills
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

aruako1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS

I'm not his biggest fan but there is nothing wrong with calling up his brother's clients if he did not hide the fact that his brother managed the team. Many coaches have managed their own children. Alex Ferguson often sent loan players to his team.
There's something wrong with calling up sub standard players who happen to be your brother's clients.
There's a reason why no SE coach has invited both players to camp since Oliseh left the job.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

jette1 wrote:His last coaching fiasco vindicates all his critics which I’m one; dude is emotionally deprived. Someone of the stature he falsely claims should have embraced and nurtured all the systemic shortcomings to world standard. If it is about pay ok, you bring knowledge and enlist all the bodies involved to help fix the pay issues. the people often don’t know any better and require coaching as well. Essentially that’s what Rohr is doing - showing emotional maturity even in face of provocations. You can’t fix a problem by becoming a problem. Oliseh like many of you here is emotionally immature and cognitively wanting. It is in his language and thought process. You are a former player and a Nigerian and have gone overseas and seen what it takes to build a world standard corporate body yet you came acting like a danfo conductor. Take a look at Rohr a foreigner for that matter displaying broard affect and humility embracing and managing all the systemic crisis therein. If you claim higher knowledge then show your inferiors how it’s done using a cool head. Abeg Oliseh shut your mouth and go sit down
I'm sure Oliseh is playing to the gallery as usual. It's a fact that Rohr has been owed several times but he chose not to make a big deal out of it like Oliseh.
Also Rohr is paying his 3 assistants from his salary, did Keshi and Oliseh do that?
I am happy
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Dammy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS

There's something wrong with calling up sub standard players who happen to be your brother's clients.
There's a reason why no SE coach has invited both players to camp since Oliseh left the job.
Sub-standard by whose judgement? Was Jordi Cruyff one of his father's great signings? Many good players have been subsequently dropped by the next manager. I take this position even though I agree with most that Oliseh was mature enough for the SE.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote:
I'm sure Oliseh is playing to the gallery as usual. It's a fact that Rohr has been owed several times but he chose not to make a big deal out of it like Oliseh.
Also Rohr is paying his 3 assistants from his salary, did Keshi and Oliseh do that?
...did Keshi and Oliseh make same pay like Rohr, and consistently get their pays every month?

We Nigerians do have jaundice way of thinking.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

This Oliseh guy don come again!! Always all about himself and his accomplishments for Nigeria & therefore everyone else knows nothing. Dude should just give it a rest and move on.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Thank God .
God bless him. He should remain where he is.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

I am an Oliseh fan because he is a good, decent human being. I also have the privilege to have met him personally. Not like some of you armchair judges.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

DIMKA76 wrote:I am an Oliseh fan because he is a good, decent human being. I also have the privilege to have met him personally. Not like some of you armchair judges.
Ok
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

To be fair to Oliseh, most of the players he called were deserving. Even Igboun was a good winger. He's not a good AM though which is were Oliseh played him. Where he had problems was his inability to get along with a few of the senior members of the SE.

Dammy wrote:
Dammy wrote:

GBENGA ADEWOYE
10 hours ago

Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIA
AFRICAN ALL STARS