Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5568
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Been thinking about this lately.

Since Stephen Keshi, I cant recall any other time a player became captain at a young age. All our other captains have been based on seniority.

In Ndidi, I think we have a plyer who could be SE captain for the next decade.

I hope the coaching crew starts giving this some serious thought.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13927
Location: USA
Oh Ndidi is destined to be SE captain. He's made for that. Will also captain a club too.

_________________
We vex come


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12562
Location: seattle
What makes him leadership eligible; please give us 10 reasons other than just because he is a good player

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:54 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43381
Location: UK
Many have been predicting it for some time here.
I believe he will probably deputise Ekong for a short while then take over in a couple of years.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13927
Location: USA
Damunk wrote:
Many have been predicting it for some time here.
I believe he will probably deputise Ekong for a short while then take over in a couple of years.


Ekong definitely has captain ability too, but he falls behind Ndidi in quality, so by and large, I would pick Ndidi ahead of him.

_________________
We vex come


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Posts: 13927
Location: USA
jette1 wrote:
What makes him leadership eligible; please give us 10 reasons other than just because he is a good player


No be only 10. Give me some time, I go send you encyclopedia.

_________________
We vex come


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:40 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43381
Location: UK
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Many have been predicting it for some time here.
I believe he will probably deputise Ekong for a short while then take over in a couple of years.


Ekong definitely has captain ability too, but he falls behind Ndidi in quality, so by and large, I would pick Ndidi ahead of him.
I mentioned Ekong because I believe he has already captained the SE on a few occasions. So it seems he is next in line for now.
If he loses form or place, its Ndidi, I'm pretty sure. :thumb:

I'll go one step further: I see Osimhen deputising Ndidi in the long term i.e. when Ndidi becomes the official captain. By this time of course, Osimhen would have matured and gained a lot more experience.
His enthusiasm is infectious.

All this assuming they maintain form and continue to progress in their careers.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3677
Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:02 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Posts: 9444
Tobi17 wrote:
Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.


Not quite. Watch Ndidi after the draw at Stamford bridge where his mistake led to a goal and he made up by scoring the equaliser. He was still very unhappy with his performance. As a captain, he will demand no less from his team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43381
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
Ndidi is a leader no doubt, but he seems like the affable type of lad that will be all "padi padi" in the dressing room, which isn't a bad thing... but we need some sterness on and off the pitch... and I see such toughness and must win at all cost spirit in Osimhen. Anyone who remembers the Ukraine friendly would surely take notice of the moments when Osimhen visibly expressed his frustration/impatience at the likes of Samu for opting for personal glory when a simple pass to him would have sufficed to more goals(there were two occasions this happened). I believe Samu got the message and stopped the showboating. Osimhen seems like the type that will be all about the business even in the dressing room, while still maintaining an exuberant relationship with his peers.
I see Ndidi as a very focussed individual. Different from Osimhen, but the quiet reassuring type - much like Christian Chukwu and Okechukwu were.
Osimhen is quite fiery and has his advantages but Ndidi, for me, is a far better option.
I seem to recall he was the U17 captain before he was knocked out by the MRI scan.
I might be wrong.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 88358
Location: Earth
Ekong is the vice captain
Musa is captain. I don't know why or what makes Ndidi auto captain.

_________________
SuperEagles

[img]I%20big%20pokey%20deleted%20that%20crap[/img]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2805
I would take Osimhen over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 26229
Ndidi looks it.. But time will tell. It depends on the coach and what brand or type of football he wants to play?

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:56 pm 
Online

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16279
olu wrote:
I would take Osimhen in bed over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.


odiegwu!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3677
danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:
I would take Osimhen in bed over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.


odiegwu!

Nah Danfo this is just wrong on many levels :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19722
If Ekong loses form then Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 40203
Location: Land of the Terrapins
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
If Ekong loses form the Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.


:thumb: There are players in-front of him, I doubt he would jump queue like that...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19722
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
If Ekong loses form the Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.


:thumb: There are players in-front of him, I doubt he would jump queue like that...


Omeruo has more caps than any other active player I assume. Dude has been ballin for SE since 2012.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:37 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 43381
Location: UK
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
If Ekong loses form the Omeruo deserves to be captain of SE if he maintains form. He has the most experience, he's calm and he's very loyal to the team. Choosing Ndidi over him wouldn't be fair at all if he's also in form. Yes , Ndidi is a better player but it's not about that. It's about leadership, discipline and loyalty.


:thumb: There are players in-front of him, I doubt he would jump queue like that...


Omeruo has no caps than any other active player I assume. Dude has been ballin for SE since 2012.
Like many have said, it shouldnt be sxclusively about seniority, otherwise we wouldn't ever have seen young captains anywhere.
Wasn't Xtian Chukwu made SE (or ER) captain over his seniors?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 50686
danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:
I would take Osimhen in bed over Ndidi. He seems more vocal.


odiegwu!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Too many funny stuff, like that man in the 70s reading his news paper upside down and exclaimed, " Zik ekwu kwa ozo o" (Zik don talk anoda one o).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6417
Ugbowo wrote:
Been thinking about this lately.

Since Stephen Keshi, I cant recall any other time a player became captain at a young age. All our other captains have been based on seniority.

In Ndidi, I think we have a plyer who could be SE captain for the next decade.

I hope the coaching crew starts giving this some serious thought.


Yobo was pretty much Captain by default at 25 and Oliseh couldn't have been older than 25 when he became SE captain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2805
In addition to Ndidi, the likes of Iwobi and Awazeim could grow to become captains as well. Osimhen would be my fist pick of all the players mentioned.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ndidi - SE Captain
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12562
Location: seattle
I would lock stupid threads like this immediately if I could; Captainship is the least problem any team - club or country would ever have. At best captainship is sentimental and factors very little in big National Teams like Nigeria, Germany, England, Italy, Mexico, Argentina or lately the US. When golden boy donavan was yanked off the team the US actually became a better team. Okocha was the most undisciplined national captain ever but his play was used to justify captainship.
Omeruo is the visible captain after Ekong and Etebo is even way ahead of Ndidi

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: danfo driver and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group