God told me I’ve to play-Vieri recounts Taribo confrontation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
God told me I’ve to play-Vieri recounts Taribo confrontation

Post by iworo »

'God told me I have to play' - Vieri recounts Taribo West's confrontation with Lippi at Inter Milan

The ex-Nigeria international played for the Nerazzurri for two years before joining their city rivals AC Milan in 2000.

Former Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has recalled an encounter between Taribo West and former coach Marcello Lippi, with the Nigerian legend claiming to have heard God's voice to play in a match.

West joined Inter Milan in 1997 from French outfit Auxerre, and he spent two seasons with the Nerazzurri, winning the Uefa Europa League, before leaving for AC Milan in January 2000.

He made over 44 appearances for Inter Milan before his exit, however, Vieri in a social media interaction with Marco Materazzi revealed a hilarious event between the 46-year-old and 72-year-old Lippi.

Before a particular fixture, West was dropped from the starting XI, and he approached Lippi saying God wanted him to play but the Italian manager responded that he did not hear it.

“It was Saturday morning, we were all standing around and Lippi told us the line-up so we could go out and get the practice session in,” Vieri said in an Instagram live.

“Taribo West stood up and with this big deep voice said: ‘Mister! God told me that I have to play!’
“I was already doubled up laughing before Lippi gave his reply: ‘That’s strange, He didn’t say mention it to me.’ I nearly wet myself.”

Vieri joined the former Nigerian defender at Inter Milan at the start of the 1999-00 season, and they were teammates for just six months.

After quitting football in 2014, West has answered his ministerial calling, and he is the founding pastor of a church in Lagos, in the Southwestern part of Nigeria.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/god-told-m ... j5do223tgf
heavyd
Egg
Egg
Re: God told me I’ve to play-Vieri recounts Taribo confronta

Post by heavyd »

iworo wrote: 'God told me I have to play' - Vieri recounts Taribo West's confrontation with Lippi at Inter Milan

The ex-Nigeria international played for the Nerazzurri for two years before joining their city rivals AC Milan in 2000.

Former Inter Milan striker Christian Vieri has recalled an encounter between Taribo West and former coach Marcello Lippi, with the Nigerian legend claiming to have heard God's voice to play in a match.

West joined Inter Milan in 1997 from French outfit Auxerre, and he spent two seasons with the Nerazzurri, winning the Uefa Europa League, before leaving for AC Milan in January 2000.

He made over 44 appearances for Inter Milan before his exit, however, Vieri in a social media interaction with Marco Materazzi revealed a hilarious event between the 46-year-old and 72-year-old Lippi.

Before a particular fixture, West was dropped from the starting XI, and he approached Lippi saying God wanted him to play but the Italian manager responded that he did not hear it.

“It was Saturday morning, we were all standing around and Lippi told us the line-up so we could go out and get the practice session in,” Vieri said in an Instagram live.

“Taribo West stood up and with this big deep voice said: ‘Mister! God told me that I have to play!’
“I was already doubled up laughing before Lippi gave his reply: ‘That’s strange, He didn’t say mention it to me.’ I nearly wet myself.”

Vieri joined the former Nigerian defender at Inter Milan at the start of the 1999-00 season, and they were teammates for just six months.

After quitting football in 2014, West has answered his ministerial calling, and he is the founding pastor of a church in Lagos, in the Southwestern part of Nigeria.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YNWA
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

This is ish is too funny, rolling on the floor stuff
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

West was a character!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

I’ll repeat that Taribo is a glaring example of how many of our fellows invoke God, rather than understand the sociological dynamics at play here. Even worse is that he opens up a church to further propagate the moronic thought process he demonstrated in that dressing room decades ago. With his privilege and global exposure, it is unfortunate. No wonder the country is sliding backwards.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Hilarious stuff. Very lippy response from Lippi. :lol: :lol:
http://www.naijiant.com/
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

scholl wrote:I’ll repeat that Taribo is a glaring example of how many of our fellows invoke God, rather than understand the sociological dynamics at play here. Even worse is that he opens up a church to further propagate the moronic thought process he demonstrated in that dressing room decades ago. With his privilege and global exposure, it is unfortunate. No wonder the country is sliding backwards.
The country is backward because of our general attitude towards each other and towards progress, nothing to do with invoking God, afterall many countries invoke God as well.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

akamoke wrote:
scholl wrote:I’ll repeat that Taribo is a glaring example of how many of our fellows invoke God, rather than understand the sociological dynamics at play here. Even worse is that he opens up a church to further propagate the moronic thought process he demonstrated in that dressing room decades ago. With his privilege and global exposure, it is unfortunate. No wonder the country is sliding backwards.
The country is backward because of our general attitude towards each other and towards progress, nothing to do with invoking God, afterall many countries invoke God as well.
Sorry bros, invoking God is a major part our general attitude and it has been detrimental to the existence of common logic and introspection.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:
Sorry bros, invoking God is a major part our general attitude and it has been detrimental to the existence of common logic and introspection.
Agreed Logic and introspection have nothing to do with the miraculous and faithfulness that is involved with communication With god or God that much should be agreeable between believers and non believers.
In Nigeria it may be acceptable to most for someone to act on something based on what they believe god told them but in more logical thinking societies reasoning, proof and fact are more creditable!
That’s not to say you who’s wrong or right.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Sat May 02, 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

The man gets an A for commitment to play, if you ask me. :biggrin:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

Or atleast an Amen!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

Then how will you score his friend and SE teammate Amokachi who self-substituted for Everton in an FA Cup semi-final - and went on to score twice! :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

Then how will you score his friend and SE teammate Amokachi who self-substituted for Everton in an FA Cup semi-final - and went on to score twice! :rotf: :rotf:
Amo, one of my favorite SE of all time.
The coach gets an F -- for getting in the way.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: funny
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

iworo wrote: 'God told me I have to play' - Vieri recounts Taribo West's confrontation with Lippi at Inter Milan

I deflated his tyres once when he parked illegally in front of my place. I didn't realise it was his car though so my neighbor and I had a vulcaniser pump it back up for him when we realised it was his vehicle.

I think it was the second day of salah last year or the year before cos it was the vulcaniser that was pumping up my neighbour's slaughtered cow that we got to pump his tyres.

He was a delight to chat with. Segun Fetuga was there as well.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

:clap: :rotf: didn't know about this. Is that even allowed? How was that possible?
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done Lippi for that quick witty reply.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

GG of G wrote:
ANC wrote:
Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

:clap: :rotf: didn't know about this. Is that even allowed? How was that possible?

That was before all the electronic stuff
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Damunk wrote:
ANC wrote:
scholl wrote:
akamoke wrote:

Legend!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."