Leicester to Bid for Osihmen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Leicester to Bid for Osihmen

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.completesports.com/leiceste ... r-osimhen/

I don’t know about this one folks. I really don’t. If true, osi boy should run like hell for the mountains. We already have Nacho struggling to get time there, da f*&^ will Osi boy do there with Vardy as Top striker? If he wants to go to Epl he should try wolves, Newcastle, Everton or other teams that actually need him and will play him. Man U if he wants to go big.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Leicester to Bid for Osihmen

Post by olu »

It may be hard for Osmihen to win the starting spot from Vardy. However, if Vardy was to leave he would be a good replacement for Vardy. They have similar styles.
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

May their (leicester) wishes never come true. You have kele there and what have they done with him? I would say they almost destroy kele (like they did to Musa). Vardy is not as good as Osi at his age but the question is, where does Osi fit in in their formation? As long as Vardy is still there Osi should go somewhere else. In fact, he should resist moving to the PL.

My 2 cents thinking...
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should reject the move.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Abeg, we no want
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He should sit his arse down in Lille instead of coming down to serve as apprentice to omo wa ní Vardy, maybe next year as I suspect Vardy will start to fade and struggle to play all the matches coming his way.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:He should sit his arse down in Lille instead of coming down to serve as apprentice to omo wa ní Vardy, maybe next year as I suspect Vardy will start to fade and struggle to play all the matches coming his way.
If you listen to his Elegbete TV interview, you'll find this to be exactly his attitude. He repeated a few times that he "wants to play".
This is why he
1. rejected approaches "from AC Milan" (I think when he was at Charleroi) and also
2. requested to find a club in the lower German divisions where he'd be guaranteed playing time, believing he would prove himself in no time. This was when he had a series of baffling rejections.

So Victor will go where he is guaranteed to play and not play second fiddle to anybody. Once he's playing he is confident nothing can stop him and the sky is his limit. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Vardy is 33 and they have to be looking for his replacement. I also don't think Kelechi's failures should be a reason why he cant go to Leicester. They are two very different types of forwards, and Osimhen's skill set fits the way Leicester plays better than Kelechi's.

That being said, the boy level don pass Leicester, I think he can go to a bigger EPL club.
Last edited by metalalloy on Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nigerians are always crying. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, how is it Osimehn's fault that Leicester wants him? Leicester can want him all they like! Even inferior clubs like Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Norwich can want him all they like. The issue is not who wants him. The issue is where he decides to go. sheeeeeesh! Y'all need to calm the hell down. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:Nigerians are always crying. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, how is it Osimehn's fault that Leicester wants him? Leicester can want him all they like! Even inferior clubs like Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Norwich can want him all they like. The issue is not who wants him. The issue is where he decides to go. sheeeeeesh! Y'all need to calm the hell down. :oops:
Umm, not really up to him if he’s under contract. So let us cry
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So, how is it Osimehn's fault that Leicester wants him?
Leicester can want him all they like! Even inferior clubs like Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Arsenal and Norwich can want him all they like. The issue is not who wants him. The issue is where he decides to go. sheeeeeesh! Y'all need to calm the hell down. :oops:
Word.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:

No team in its right mind holds on to a player that really wants to leave, or goes for a player that clearly isn't interested in playing for them.
So there is a fair degree of control in that it is counterproductive to have such a player in your squad.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:

IT IS UP TO HIM! Let me restate that so you hear me clearly, IT IS UP TO HIM!

A contract for transfer needs the acceptance of not less than 3 parties. Some times, 4 parties:

1. the selling club
2. the buying club
3. the player
4. sometimes, sponsors, depending on their "ownership" interest.
5. and a while ago, third-party owners

If any one of these above 3 (or more) reject the transfer, IT IS NOT HAPPENING!

Leicester can pay Lille 500000000000000000 trillion and Leicester can print all the shirts they want to print. If Osimehn refuses to move there, there is simply and absolutely NOTHING Leicester or Lille can do about it. They can cry and cry and cry and even twerk and twerk, absolutely nothing will happen.
Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:

No team in its right mind holds on to a player that really wants to leave, or goes for a player that clearly isn't interested in playing for them.
So there is a fair degree of control in that it is counterproductive to have such a player in your squad.
Bro, its not even about being counter-productive. Many teams have held on to "unhappy" players who end up performing very well and many clubs have purchased players who did not want to play for them, and the player ended up doing very well.

The specific issue here is that if a player says I am not signing, the seller or buyer cant do shi shi about it! Literally nothing! When Osimehn becomes available, he will have the best clubs in the world begging him. If he chooses Leicester, it wouldnt be because he was forced or because he didnt have other options. It will be because he wanted to go there. Afterall, from his interview he mentioned two important things--

1. AC Milan wanted him and he rejected them.
2. He will only go to a club where he is a starter.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I also read somewhere that Napoli wants him too..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Purity wrote:I also read somewhere that Napoli wants him too..
Better option If true
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The real deal wrote:
Better option If true
I am not sure I'll classify Napoli as a better option than Leicester. Napoli is not top 4 in Italy and they wouldnt pay him what Leicester can. Not sure Gatusso is better than Rodgers in grooming him, as well. And the racist situation in Serie A is also unpleasant, especially for a hot head like Victor.

I am more inclined to believe Napoli and Leicester will both sit, legs akimbo, as they watch Victor move to a world class club. He is better than both clubs.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He is too good for his current teammates too.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The real deal wrote:
Better option If true
Abeg we no want either.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

FC Barcelona, honestly.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

ANC wrote:FC Barcelona, honestly.
We want
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Personally I feel he should move to the La Liga if he can get a decent club, preferably the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, or long shot, Atleti.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

theYemster wrote:Personally I feel he should move to the La Liga if he can get a decent club, preferably the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, or long shot, Atleti.
This is all aimless speculation and wishcasting but Bayern.