Rohr Advocates Same System And Playing Style...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr Advocates Same System And Playing Style...

Post by Bell »

Maduwuba, writing in Pulse in 2015, reiterated a speech given by Pinnick to parents of foreign-developed players in England. Maduwuba credited Pinnick with stating that he would rather these players that “have been exposed to the scientific methods of football in terms of coaching style, amenities and equipment as well as discipline in areas of fitness and nutrition” to build a new-look Super Eagles than the hungry local players still scratching the ground.
PINNICK'S APPROACH IS WRONG MORALLY & STRATEGICALLY

If the quote above is true, namely that the players born in Europe should be preferred because they have access to better nutrition and scientific development, he may be correct in his observation but lacks understanding of his role as FA chairman.

If I was in his place, I'd see it as my solemn responsibility to create an environment in which children born in Nigeria are not the wrong end of an advantage gap. Anything short of that amounts to immoral abandonment. It reminds me, sadly, of an outgoing Nigerian FA boss boss who said his greatest regret in his tenure was his failure to leave behind a capable foreign coach. Obviously, it never crossed his mind that a better legacy was to be the man who created a system that developed local coaches and made it unnecessary to seek foreign coaches.

The right of foreign born children anywhere to reclassify was made by man, not in heaven. That means that it could be modified or scrapped. In such a case, FIFA could (generously) give the nations, say, five years to adjust. Without a system for developing local players in place, wouldn't that leave Nigeria scrambling to come up with an adequate response?

We all agree that most of these born players would choose their country of birth over Nigeria if they were good enough. So if Nigeria is getting lower tier foreign born players, is it not logical to assume Nigeria is being placed in a situation where it could never be the favorite win the WC? Is this Pinnick's vision for Nigeria?
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
Maduwuba, writing in Pulse in 2015, reiterated a speech given by Pinnick to parents of foreign-developed players in England. Maduwuba credited Pinnick with stating that he would rather these players that “have been exposed to the scientific methods of football in terms of coaching style, amenities and equipment as well as discipline in areas of fitness and nutrition” to build a new-look Super Eagles than the hungry local players still scratching the ground.

If the quote above is true, namely that the players born in Europe should be preferred because they have access to better nutrition and scientific development, he may be correct in his observation but lacks understanding of his role as FA chairman.

If I was in his place, I'd see it as my solemn responsibility to create an environment in which children born in Nigeria are not the wrong end of an advantage gap.

Bell
Then you'd have to first vote him in as the President of the FGN, not the NFF.
And when that happens, do not be surprised if he first has to fix the decrepit education, health, power, housing, transport, road, mineral and agriculture sectors before he turns to youth and sports.
So maybe we are barking up the wrong tree? :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

If I was in his place, I'd see it as my solemn responsibility to create an environment in which children born in Nigeria are not the wrong end of an advantage gap.

Bell
And when that happens, do not be surprised if he first has to fix the decrepit education, health, power, housing, transport, road, mineral and agriculture sectors before he turns to youth and sports.
WITH ALL RESPECT...

...I think your view of things is too pessimistic. I don't think you have to be a president of Nigeria to fix the football environment in Nigeria. Nigeria would go nowhere if everyone claims she/he is handicapped in her/his area of responsibility. I think people should embrace the concept of: Everybody, Excellence; Everywhere, Excellence.

(BTW, I meant to add in my prior post that I don't care if an SE 23-man squad is made up entirely of foreign born players. As long as local players have a serious opportunity to develop.)
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
WITH ALL RESPECT...

...I think your view of things is too pessimistic. I don't think you have to be a president of Nigeria to fix the football environment in Nigeria. Nigeria would go nowhere if everyone claims she/he is handicapped in her/his area of responsibility. I think people should embrace the concept of: Everybody, Excellence; Everywhere, Excellence.

(BTW, I meant to add in my prior post that I don't care if an SE 23-man squad is made up entirely of foreign born players. As long as local players have a serious opportunity to develop.)
Bell
Bell, I'm an incurable optimist.
You'll rarely find me wingeing and whining about anything.

I was pointing out that you can't divorce the problems of our football from the problems of Nigeria.
Poor leadership, incompetence and deep seated, endemic corruption will handicap even the most innovative of technocrats. Add poverty to all that and you'll see why Naija kids are at such a disadvantage.

Have you had time to listen to the personal stories of Awoniyi, Osimhen and Ighalo on ElegbeteTV recently?
If you haven't, please do.

Heartbreaking. The things they had to do just to get noticed will break your heart for Nigeria's millions of talented underprivileged kids that are not so lucky.

Its a systemic national problem that has seeped into our football like all other sectors and there is only so much one man or one federation can do.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Uhmm where do the english naija boys play? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You tell me, since you know otherwise.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
With names and clubs please.
Tenx. :thumb:
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:

Bell
WITH ALL RESPECT...

Bell
Bell, I'm an incurable optimist.
You'll rarely find me wingeing and whining about anything.

I was pointing out that you can't divorce the problems of our football from the problems of Nigeria.
Poor leadership, incompetence and deep seated, endemic corruption will handicap even the most innovative of technocrats. Add poverty to all that and you'll see why Naija kids are at such a disadvantage.

Have you had time to listen to the personal stories of Awoniyi, Osimhen and Ighalo on ElegbeteTV recently?
If you haven't, please do.

Heartbreaking. The things they had to do just to get noticed will break your heart for Nigeria's millions of talented underprivileged kids that are not so lucky.

Its a systemic national problem that has seeped into our football like all other sectors and there is only so much one man or one federation can do.
damunk, INDEED, THE TIMES ARE BAD, SO...

...it's not time to duck and look for the easy way out. Within his sphere where he exercises power, Pinnick should be pushing for excellence and become an example to others. Where would the country be if everybody pleads obstacles my way? Why can't he, for example, collaborate with the ministers of education and health and begin to restore HS soccer? The health workers in Nigeria (something you know about) are bearing down coping with COVID-19 situation, not abandoning their patients due to working conditions.
Bell
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Teams that implemented identical tactics at age grade levels and conformed it to the tactics of their senior team (and had success doing that): Ajax, Spain, Barcelona, Belgium, USSR/Dynamo Kiev.