Aribo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Aribo

Post by Tobi17 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnQayN ... e=youtu.be[/video]

A midfield of Aribo, Ejaria and Ndidi will be very interesting
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Aribo

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnQayN ... e=youtu.be[/video]

A midfield of Aribo, Ejaria and Ndidi will be very interesting
Incredibly similar to Ejaria, not just in style, but appearance too.

Just found a similar video on Ejaria, though its not so new.
Could almost be one and the same person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEam-3fZN3k[/video]

I just want them both to settle into one of the elite leagues, then we'll know for sure.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

He (Ejaria) over elaborates in almost all those video clips. These guys are sure to put an end to VM's SE aspirations.
Last edited by DIMKA76 on Sat May 02, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Aribo is a steal
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Go and watch Okocha's highlights and come back and watch these rubbish yall posted
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Go and watch Okocha's highlights and come back and watch these rubbish yall posted

:rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Go and watch Okocha's highlights and come back and watch these rubbish yall posted

:rotf:

Okocha actually slowed our transition game due to his over dribbling. Aribo is no okocha but at least he releases the ball and doesn’t need to dribble 4 players when he gets the ball. However, the No 10 position is now redundant in modern football as creativity comes from the fullbacks, wings and even the DM. Last thing we need is another ball hog like Eze.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

If these guys play well for Nigeria it could spell end of international football for players such as Etebo, Onazi, Shehu and other Mikel. We still need quality in the centre back positions and the goalkeeping area.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:If these guys play well for Nigeria it could spell end of international football for players such as Etebo, Onazi, Shehu and other Mikel. We still need quality in the centre back positions and the goalkeeping area.
Not sure about Etebo completely losing out, but I agree with your predictions on Onazi (virtually out anyway) and Shehu.
I think Etebo brings something different to the team, with a phenomenal work rate.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:If these guys play well for Nigeria it could spell end of international football for players such as Etebo, Onazi, Shehu and other Mikel. We still need quality in the centre back positions and the goalkeeping area.
Not sure about Etebo completely losing out, but I agree with your predictions on Onazi (virtually out anyway) and Shehu.
I think Etebo brings something different to the team, with a phenomenal work rate.
yeap, though I wasnt a fan at first.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Okocha and his aimless dribbles. These kids are good ooo. I have only watched Ejaria and Aribo tho
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

highbury wrote:
Okocha and his aimless dribbles. These kids are good ooo. I have only watched Ejaria and Aribo tho
:agree:

Okocha would have been the greatest ball player EVER, only if he hadn't grownup in a backwater football nation.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

highbury wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what remarkable juxtaposition.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

They are saying Okocha and his aimless dribbles..smh..you people are delusional..go and watch JJ's highlights from fenerbahce to Bolton...then come back

https://youtu.be/KXzQYMQoeVs

For those with short term memories
https://youtu.be/oQeRAkTRuNA
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote:
I don’t dispute Etebo’s work rate however in Nigeria’s midfield he has the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas and holds onto the ball for too long allowing the opposition to get back into position. This may be because he is being asked to player deeper and naturally he prefers to play further forward. With the players we have further forward he would not make the team in his natural position and with the quality additions in midfield I think if he doesn’t improve his game he could find himself an ex international
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
I don’t dispute Etebo’s work rate however in Nigeria’s midfield he has the tendency to give the ball away in dangerous areas and holds onto the ball for too long allowing the opposition to get back into position. This may be because he is being asked to player deeper and naturally he prefers to play further forward. With the players we have further forward he would not make the team in his natural position and with the quality additions in midfield I think if he doesn’t improve his game he could find himself an ex international
Agreed, Etebo needs to stop hugging the ball otherwise he could find himself out of the team. He lost the ball leading to Ukraine's first goal against the SE in the friendly match and also lost the ball in a dangerous area leading to Sevilla scoring against his club, Getafe. Both incidents were a result of holding too long to the ball. He needs to cut that out of his game.
I am happy
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Actually, I think Ndidi has more unforced turnovers of the ball in comparison to Etebo (as evidenced by their performances in the recent AFCON).
I think Etebo playing at Getafe has really helped his field generalship and I really do not see Aribo being a better player than him. Aribo's performance against Lesotho was quite disappointing for me - lost the ball far too many times.
Nigeria now seems to have some depth of decent quality midfielders in Iwobi, Ndidi, Etebo, Azeez, Aribo, Ejari and possibly Eze. They are all young and will be hitting their peak performance during the next WC.
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Etebo for me is a bit of an enigma.
Seems he might be one of those 'silent performers' that hardly get noticed except when they make errors.
I say this because when I researched our team's and players' performances during the last AFCON, Etebo had one of the highest pass completion rates, not just for the SE (in which he had the highest) but for the whole tournament! I was shocked tbh.

I will dig up the thread, with comparisons and links.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

so are you going to bring back Okocha to play for us instead of these kids?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

@ Flex Swift:
Here's the post I'm referring to
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295939&p=5481130&hi ... o#p5480861
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Ndidi actually has a higher number of turnovers than Etebo, Ndidi for all his impeccably good tackling and recovery rates hasn't been particularly tidy in possession and has cost us goals on few occasions (I know Ndidi is our golden boy but make we talk true). Good thing he has massively improved that aspect of his game these season at Leicester. Etebo is definitely a key player for us, he's our new Onazi with a higher ceiling.

with Iwobi, Aribo, Ejaria, Azeez, Etebo and hopefully Eze with a monster like Ndidi sitting back and doing what makes him one of the best CDMs in the world, I daresay we are a team to seriously watch out for especially in that midfield. Qatar 2022 couldn't come at a better time.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:Ndidi actually has a higher number of turnovers than Etebo, Ndidi for all his impeccably good tackling and recovery rates hasn't been particularly tidy in possession and has cost us goals on few occasions (I know Ndidi is our golden boy but make we talk true). Good thing he has massively improved that aspect of his game these season at Leicester. Etebo is definitely a key player for us, he's our new Onazi with a higher ceiling.

with Iwobi, Aribo, Ejaria, Azeez, Etebo and hopefully Eze with a monster like Ndidi sitting back and doing what makes him one of the best CDMs in the world, I daresay we are a team to seriously watch out for especially in that midfield. Qatar 2022 couldn't come at a better time.
You should provide statistics to back this up. You cant make a factual statement and abandon the stats. Actual statistics will help us know whether your factual statement abandons inaccuracies and is, in fact correct.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Etebo for me is a bit of an enigma.
Seems he might be one of those 'silent performers' that hardly get noticed except when they make errors.
I say this because when I researched our team's and players' performances during the last AFCON, Etebo had one of the highest pass completion rates, not just for the SE (in which he had the highest) but for the whole tournament! I was shocked tbh.

I will dig up the thread, with comparisons and links.
Yep....the problem is people have favorites and so don't notice when their favorites (Ndidi) make mistakes, like continuously giving the ball away in dangerous areas, fouling unnecessarily in the dangerous areas, give wayward pass after wayward pass, basically winning the ball just to dash it right back to the opponent. But they are busy collecting evidence on the non-favorites to justify why they shouldn't be playing. You can't take anyone seriously if they saw the ANC and say Ndidi is a keeper but Etebo should be out. Every Cameroonian I know after we played them was like who is that number 8 on your team, the guy dey control midfield...And I believe it was the mechanic Esiti that lost the ball for the 2nd goal vs Ukraine and not Etebo...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!