[Deconstructing our WC losses] - Nigeria- Croatia

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [Deconstructing our WC losses] - Nigeria- Croatia

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote: Bitter old man
how dare you call me a bitter old man! Young bobo like me, wey still dey wear neck chain, spalding canvas, true religion jeans and face cap! eh??!! eh??!! eh??!! :veryangry: :lol: :lol:

#abandoned!
Yet shall boys dey nyansh your madam, I get your file oooo :taunt: :taunt:
Abandonment hurts, but you must strive to overcome any feeling of inadequacy. And I dont mean having a phantom chemist "here" and in Nigeria. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Could Mikel and Iwobi have done better?

Start from 1:50 (Mikel) of the video and 2:41 (Iwobi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzceTQDA-MI[/video]

Still can't believe we lost to Croatia. I confess I was expecting minimum of a 1-1 draw in this match.

Was in the stadium for that game and I remember a more evenly matched game than the score betrays. I have always differed with the consensus that came out of that game and just didn’t see this famed dominance from Modric in the middle.
:clap: :clap: . How did you resist the urge to come down from your seat and slap Victor Moses after the nonsense exhibited @ 6:09 of the clip?
Honestly, the feeling was more one of hurt than anger.
You guys sef wetin Moses do una, even in these highlights he’s the only one trying to do anything positive for SE. Some of his diving was annoying but they were also targeting him knowing he’s our only real attacking threat.
He is part of a team. Watch from 6:09 where Moses had 3(Three!) open teammates and decided to go all Jordan Ayew. Simply unforgivable at this level! Even the normally chilled Iwobi, who was WIDDDDEEEEEEE open, is furious with him.

Kai! I will take a good decision maker on the field above all else.
Yea but everyone else has selfish moments as well, however he was the only one that could get any penetration and he scored the equalizer...
The equalizer?!? :woot: In a game we lost 0-2? Bros I don't know what you are drinking during dis quarantine, but it must be good! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tobi17 wrote: Bitter old man
how dare you call me a bitter old man! Young bobo like me, wey still dey wear neck chain, spalding canvas, true religion jeans and face cap! eh??!! eh??!! eh??!! :veryangry: :lol: :lol:

#abandoned!
Yet shall boys dey nyansh your madam, I get your file oooo :taunt: :taunt:
Abandonment hurts, but you must strive to overcome any feeling of inadequacy. And I dont mean having a phantom chemist "here" and in Nigeria. :lol:
Old man WE are graciously enjoying and savoring your madam :rotf:

Meanwhile if I post my business link here, will you be nice enough to patronize me?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote:
Meanwhile if I post my business link here, will you be nice enough to patronize me?
If you put up your business link and its real, we can talk. If the books of your business in Nigeria shows that it was profitable, pre-COVID, my fund will buy it from you.

You have my word on this. I will not #abandon you. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: The equalizer?!? :woot: In a game we lost 0-2? Bros I don't know what you are drinking during dis quarantine, but it must be good! :thumbs:
My bad, was doing too many things at once, but I was talking about the Argentina game. You really need to give the Vic Mo scape-goating a break. You can fault him for diving, ok he was selfish on a few occasions, ok, but he contributed his part to our WC. In the Croatia game he was the ONLY penetrative eagle, he played a major role in our second game and scored the equalizer vs. Argentina. This is much more than the others who you say were angry because he didn't pass to them. What the hell did they contribute other than underwhelming and being overawed by the occasion?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The most accurate thing to say about Nigeria’s performance against Croatia and indeed throughout the World Cup is that it was all about tactical deficiencies. Better management from the bench would have seen us through to the second round❗️

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

maceo4 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote: The equalizer?!? :woot: In a game we lost 0-2? Bros I don't know what you are drinking during dis quarantine, but it must be good! :thumbs:
My bad, was doing too many things at once, but I was talking about the Argentina game. You really need to give the Vic Mo scape-goating a break. You can fault him for diving, ok he was selfish on a few occasions, ok, but he contributed his part to our WC. In the Croatia game he was the ONLY penetrative eagle, he played a major role in our second game and scored the equalizer vs. Argentina. This is much more than the others who you say were angry because he didn't pass to them. What the hell did they contribute other than underwhelming and being overawed by the occasion?
Fair points. Iwobi had zero work rate and ran like a pregnant woman, and Mikel, the less said the better. Just was massively disappointed with Vic Mo's decisions against Croatia. Against Iceland he came good. Against Argentina he was mediocre, despite his PK goal. Anyway, maybe I expected too much from him because he was the only front line player actually putting in a shift.

Wha choo looking at?!