Gernot Rohr Agrees To NFF Terms

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Next
Egg
Egg
Gernot Rohr Agrees To NFF Terms

Post by Next »

According to Colin Udoh, coach Rohr has agreed to the terms stipulated in the contracted drafted by the NFF and the final contract is now being drafted.

https://twitter.com/SSE_NGA/status/1255625753624039426
Soar Super Eagles
@SSE_NGA
Gernot Rohr has agreed to the terms of the NFF contract extension. The coach is keen on completing his 'unfinished mission' with the team.

The final contract draft is being prepared and should be signed soon.

(Memo@ColinUdoh)
Another Source:
I Am Not Coaching Nigeria For Money-Rohr
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/04/ ... oney-rohr/
Coach of the Super Eagles of Nigeria Gernot Rohr says he is not bothered by the terms of his new contract which ‎stipulates that he must take a pay cut if he wants to continue in his role.

"I never talk about my contract in public, as you know," Rohr told ESPN.
"But I heard like everybody what was said by President [Amaju] Pinnick, that I have to accept to be paid in naira, and I have to be resident in Nigeria. I agree with these two things, and even I agree to have a lower salary."

"I am not doing my job for money. I am doing my job because I like it. Because we have built a team as you know, and money is not the most important. But I also have to look after my assistants."

"I accept because I think that my mission in Nigeria is not finished yet, and I know very well my players. I know very well the officials. We are now just like a family, and I think it is good to continue especially in this period now where it is difficult to change, to travel, to see new people."

The present deal of the coach will expire in June and talks over a new contract has been on for a while but according to Rohr that is a thing of the past although he has amended some part of the deal and sent it back to the NFF.

"I want to work free in all my responsibilities," he told ESPN.

"Independence as a coach who is responsible for results. It is always good to be sure you can do work with confidence and be free in the choice of good players."

"We have a good relationship with Pinnick, with [ NFF vice-president] Seyi [Akinwunmi] and with [League Management Company chairman] Shehu [Dikko] so I think we can find an agreement. There is no big problem to change.

"All I can say is that we are discussing in a good spirit with NFF. They sent me the proposal, I sent my answer. There are some little things to discuss about, and then we will see. Everything can be discussed. They have my answer and now I will wait for the proposal coming back."
At least for the sake of continuity, this is good... . The results will tell....
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
heavyd
Egg
Egg
Re: Gernot Rohr Agrees To NFF Terms

Post by heavyd »

This is the key statement right here...

"Independence as a coach who is responsible for results. It is always good to be sure you can do work with confidence and be free in the choice of good players."
This is probably the main sticking point in the negotiations
YNWA
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

heavyd wrote:This is the key statement right here...

This is probably the main sticking point in the negotiations
Any coach that doesn’t make it clear that they will be responsible for the results and there for needs no interference from beer bellies involving on field matters is only there for the cash and is probably ready to leave whenever!
Rohr should be left to finish what he started,he obviously believes in what he’s doing the only support he needs is off the field!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Remember that thread that went on and one? The thread where I said **** will do what we say and he will toe the line? And his servants were beating their chest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said in that thread, we are his employers and he will toe the line! simple as that.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:Remember that thread that went on and one? The thread where I said **** will do what we say and he will toe the line? And his servants were beating their chest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said in that thread, we are his employers and he will toe the line! simple as that.
:clap: for yourself!
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:Remember that thread that went on and one? The thread where I said **** will do what we say and he will toe the line? And his servants were beating their chest? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said in that thread, we are his employers and he will toe the line! simple as that.
...jobs do have stipulations, you cannot hamstring an employee just because you pay their wages, especially a professional employment.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'm glad Rohr agreed to the terms. NFF is lucky to have a coach that seems to care about Nigeria. If the NFF wants a local coach to replace Rohr after the 2022 world cup, they should use the next 2 years to groom his replacement. Assign either Yobo, Finidi, and/or Amunike to one of the junior teams or the home based SE and assist them in getting training and acquiring UEFA certifications. Yobo can even coach the homebased SE or one of the junior teams and simultaneously serve as one of Rohr's assistants.
Last edited by olu on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
Its one thing to agree, but some of these terms aren't really enforceable, for example stipulating he must live in Nigeria. Of course NFF will provide a house and car etc, but are they going to quarantine him there? With most of our players are in Europe its a ready made excuse for him to rarely be there. They will just be paying for an empty house, so that's on them. A lot of these things are just silly and are just there to try to frustrate him, but it seems like he sees this opportunity as a chance to leave his mark on football/African football, probably won't get another chance to coach a higher ranking team, so I like that for him its not so much the money but he's mainly looking out for his assistants. :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Some African football national leagues have ended abruptly due to covid 19.

Rohr agrees to earn in Naira and to live in Nigeria.

HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOeOrsw ... e=youtu.be
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I hope stupid Sunday Oliseh sees this
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: , myself!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
...jobs do have stipulations, you cannot hamstring an employee just because you pay their wages, especially a professional employment.
We will hamstring him! If he does not like it, let him go and choose one of the other 2 offers he keeps talking about! So long as he wants to work for us, he will do as we say and he will toe the line! I know many of you cannot bear to see a white man work for a black man and, you cannot bear to see a black man get a white man in line! But I can tell you today that you will have to see it and you will accept it! **** will be hamstringed and he will like it! If he doesn't, he knows where the door is! simple as that!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:
We will hamstring him! If he does not like it, let him go and choose one of the other 2 offers he keeps talking about! So long as he wants to work for us, he will do as we say and he will toe the line! I know many of you cannot bear to see a white man work for a black man and, you cannot bear to see a black man get a white man in line! But I can tell you today that you will have to see it and you will accept it! **** will be hamstringed and he will like it! If he doesn't, he knows where the door is! simple as that!
C'mon man!
When you are joking, joke. When you are serious, be serious.
You keep on trotting out this absolutely ludicrous not to mention childish line so often that one can be forgiven for suspecting you actually believe it.
I'd rather believe you deliberately use it to score cheap points, but they do nothing to further your case.

Sometimes, people want to have a mature discussion as if we were all sitting around a table at Mama Calabar or '805'. You'd look pretty silly making this argument face-to-face in such a gathering. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But not to worry.
We'll invite you next time we have a summit, after COVID.
No run o! :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:
mcal wrote:
...black man white, white man black man.
Still you as a black man mistreat your fellow black man, bend over backwards for a white man :???: