Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16077
kalani JR wrote:
Gotti wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

DD doggedly fighting in a room by himself...
Meanwhile, transfer spending reportedly DOWN 35% from last summer.

Transfer window closes in a few hours...
As Nigerians would say, let's count the miles AFTER the race! :wink:


It still lines up with the prediction.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Its funny watching him like this. :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16077
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dont worry, when you wake up tomorrow, Dortmund would have given Sancho to United for free. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Because high-profile transfer targets are given for free in pre-Covid years? Duh! :lol: :lol:


But but but... United will give Pogba out for free. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Quote:
Meanwhile, Luis Suarez who cost Barca 82m Euros has been sold to Atletico 6m Euros!



Luis Suarez joined Barca at 27 years old. Luis Suarez is 33 years old now. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I absolutely do not believe I am having this discussion with Gotti. :rotf: Someone has clearly stolen your password. Absolutely no way the Gotti that we all respect as a great debater, has sunken to the level of this type of strawman. :oops: This is very bad

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16077
kalani JR wrote:
Gotti wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Gotti wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

DD doggedly fighting in a room by himself...
Meanwhile, transfer spending reportedly DOWN 35% from last summer.

Transfer window closes in a few hours...
As Nigerians would say, let's count the miles AFTER the race! :wink:

It still lines up with the prediction.

It sure does...
Even the Fighting Driver have come to realize that, so he's desperately trying muddy the waters. :lol:


Expenditure is down but fees are solid.

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dont worry, when you wake up tomorrow, Dortmund would have given Sancho to United for free. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Because high-profile transfer targets are given for free in pre-Covid years? Duh! :lol: :lol:

Meanwhile, Luis Suarez who cost Barca 82m Euros has been sold to Atletico 6m Euros!


There are some conditionals that you are ignoring.


I am shocked actually. Gotti is not one to lie or try to recreate facts or make weak-ass arguments like the Suarez argument. Very surprised.

1. Anyone who has read this thread knows exactly what my position was-- spending may reduce, but clubs will NEVER reduce the cost per player. Absolutely not. No investor will do that. I know this for a fact. Investors will rather chill and return to the table at a later date than walk away with a loss on an investment.

2. he thinks a 33 year old suarez should be sold for the same amount Barca bought him when he was one of the best in the world. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30417
FINALLY, THE VERDICT IS IN!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Image

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54427701
Quote:
"Total expenditure on player acquisitions is significantly down across all the top five European leagues against the five year average - ranging from -7% in the Premier League to -46% in La Liga," said London-based investment company Carteret Analytics.

"It is a fair assumption that Covid-19 has caused this significant contraction in the player transfer market in this window."

_________________
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:00 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30417
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dont worry, when you wake up tomorrow, Dortmund would have given Sancho to United for free.:

Because high-profile transfer targets are given for free in pre-Covid years? Duh! :lol: :lol:

But but but... United will give Pogba out for free. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Beginning to see the real issue here - basic English comprehension deficit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the serious tip though, swallow your humble pie and learn...
Only a truly foolish person thinks he has nothing new to learn. And you're welcome!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=300232
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Also the article says its an 83m euros package, which means that includes salary and agent fees. That seems too low--in relation to pre-Covid market

Do you think post COVID fees rise or fall on average?

I dont think so. Most people believe that post-Covid, prices will fall. However, I see it slightly another way. The common sense is that immediately post-Covid, most clubs wouldn't be able to spend-- rather than buying low. One example is Pogba. United paid 85mm for him + agent costs + salary for 3 years. Why would United accept less because a selling club cannot afford to pay what United wants.Thats not United business, thats the selling clubs business. So in that situation, either the selling club is taking a loan to afford Pogba, or they wait until 2021 summer, when revenue increases. Many of the "assets" who are for sale, aren't "assets" clubs have simply stamped a fee on. Many of them came to the club with a certain amount of investments in the view of the club recouping that investment.

I thinking you mean “buying” club...
Since Man Utd would be the seller in that instance.

Nonetheless, you act as if club’s do not take a LOSS on players on a regular basis...
Reality is that there’s no guarantee Man U will recoup its outlay on Pogba, and thus has to make a cost-benefit analysis.

In effect, it would come down to whether a Man U wants to carry him and his expensive wages...
Even if he is not performing optimally (or unhappy) or to sell him at a loss or discount and reinvest those proceeds elsewhere.

Meanwhile, football clubs are BLEEDING cash everyday and every week football is not being played - gate and stadium revenues, merchandise, broadcasting fees, etc. And if (eg) the EPL is not concluded, rest assured that Sky and the other broadcasters around the world (including little old DSTV back here in Africa/Nigeria) will clawing back significant wards of their cash. There’s a reason that many clubs are furloughing staff and proposing wage cuts. Thus, in all likelihood, spending will be WAY DOWN in the summer window.
>

_________________
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16077
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dont worry, when you wake up tomorrow, Dortmund would have given Sancho to United for free.:

Because high-profile transfer targets are given for free in pre-Covid years? Duh! :lol: :lol:

But but but... United will give Pogba out for free. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Beginning to see the real issue here - basic English comprehension deficit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the serious tip though, swallow your humble pie and learn...
Only a truly foolish person thinks he has nothing new to learn. And you're welcome!


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

A bystander, Kalani, knows what the conversation was. I have nothing more to add. :lol: :lol:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 16077
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please stop! This is embarrassing. You are now arguing with yourself in a vacuum now and being laughed at. As Kalani said, everyone who has read this thread knows what the discussion was about. :oops:

Gotti wrote:
FINALLY, THE VERDICT IS IN!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Image

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54427701
Quote:
"Total expenditure on player acquisitions is significantly down across all the top five European leagues against the five year average - ranging from -7% in the Premier League to -46% in La Liga," said London-based investment company Carteret Analytics.

"It is a fair assumption that Covid-19 has caused this significant contraction in the player transfer market in this window."

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sunset and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group