Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lille confirms $105m Osihmen offer.

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:THE SECOND EVIDENCE:

Bayern Munich agrees to pay 54.8 million pounds (60m Euros) for a player with 1 year left on his contract

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... ty-forward
I feel like this deal was done earlier, also City fans are convinced they were fleeced.
I understand your feelings, but factually, the deal was done in July.

City fans can be convinced with whatever they want to be convinced about. I am going to be dealing with facts on this thread. The fact is that during COVID-19, Bayern agreed to pay 60m Euros for a player with 1 year left on his contract.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

27/07/20 22:23| News | Autore: Redazione

Tuesday will be the day for Victor Osimhen to confirm his arrival as a Napoli player. There is an agreement between the clubs for €50m plus bonuses, and a 5-year, €4m per season after tax deal for the attacker. Tuesday morning the final deals will be finalized, including the final burocratic and banking issues.

Before the last match with Sassuolo, sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli announced: "We must finalize the agreement with his new agent. We are talking and we will see what happens." Now an official deal is a matter of hours from arriving at Napoli's doorstep.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/napoli- ... d-contract
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

txj wrote:27/07/20 22:23| News | Autore: Redazione

Tuesday will be the day for Victor Osimhen to confirm his arrival as a Napoli player. There is an agreement between the clubs for €50m plus bonuses, and a 5-year, €4m per season after tax deal for the attacker. Tuesday morning the final deals will be finalized, including the final burocratic and banking issues.

Before the last match with Sassuolo, sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli announced: "We must finalize the agreement with his new agent. We are talking and we will see what happens." Now an official deal is a matter of hours from arriving at Napoli's doorstep.

The wage small sha. Just $77k per week for a striker. Thats around what Ndidi, a midfielder makes at Leicester.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/leicester-city/payroll/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote:
txj wrote:27/07/20 22:23| News | Autore: Redazione

The wage small sha. Just $77k per week for a striker. Thats around what Ndidi, a midfielder makes at Leicester.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/leicester-city/payroll/
Did you check Iwobi, I can’t believe he’s on that little with the amount they paid for him, doesn’t make sense. Anyways it’s the Italian league and it said 4mill after tax I believe so a little bit better.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THIRD EVIDENCE -

Chelsea spends 60m Euros (54m pounds) on a Werner

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ssion.html
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:THIRD EVIDENCE -

Chelsea spends 60m Euros (54m pounds) on a Werner

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ssion.html
What is this (and the others) evidence of? The undervaluation of African players?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

4 million pounds after tax is good money for Osimhen. UK tax rate is like 45 percent. So I think he is earning more than Ndidi. For a 21 year old striker, this is good money. If he does well, he can earn two more contracts after that. He is going to be a rich man. Need to invest it wisely.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:4 million pounds after tax is good money for Osimhen. UK tax rate is like 45 percent. So I think he is earning more than Ndidi. For a 21 year old striker, this is good money. If he does well, he can earn two more contracts after that. He is going to be a rich man. Need to invest it wisely.
Lets wait for the deal to be announced first. It was announced over the weekend that his agent got him Euros 5mm.

And as you rightfully said, the "new" tax laws in Italy make it a tax heaven for footballers right now! They are cashing out over there!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
What is this (and the others) evidence of? The undervaluation of African players?

On May 3, 2020, you asked me the following question:
kalani JR wrote:Do you think post COVID fees rise or fall on average?

On the same day, I responded to you:
danfo driver wrote:
I dont think so. Most people believe that post-Covid, prices will fall. However, I see it slightly another way. The common sense is that immediately post-Covid, most clubs wouldn't be able to spend-- rather than buying low. One example is Pogba. United paid 85mm for him + agent costs + salary for 3 years. Why would United accept less because a selling club cannot afford to pay what United wants. Thats not United business, thats the selling clubs business. So in that situation, either the selling club is taking a loan to afford Pogba, or they wait until 2021 summer, when revenue increases. Many of the "assets" who are for sale, aren't "assets" clubs have simply stamped a fee on. Many of them came to the club with a certain amount of investments in the view of the club recouping that investment.

Then on the long-term, I suspect transfer fees will be around the same. I dont believe Covid will have an impact on fees, long term. This is not a situation where market has crashed based on 2008-like financial bubble burst. This is a circumstance where I financial crises was caused by a closing of businesses, which will open up at some point in the future.

Additionally, and this puts a hole in my earlier statement about immediate impact of COVID, most transfer fees are paid in installments. Almost rare to find a fee that is not structured that way.

Finally, a lot of money, especially in the EPL, comes from tv-money, which will remain.

So, I think in the immediate post Covid, clubs will be a bit shy about huge expenditure, but I expect cost to remain the same or increase.

These examples and the many examples I will post this transfer window (several of which will be more than 100 million Euros) will prove whether prices remained the same or whether prices dropped significantly.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ohenhen1 wrote:4 million pounds after tax is good money for Osimhen. UK tax rate is like 45 percent. So I think he is earning more than Ndidi. For a 21 year old striker, this is good money. If he does well, he can earn two more contracts after that. He is going to be a rich man. Need to invest it wisely.
He is going to osi giní? My friend he is already a rich man... Have you ever seen a poor man in private jet?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
He is going to osi giní? My friend he is already a rich man... Have you ever seen a poor man in private jet?
Yes, Uncle. The host/hostess. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:
Yes, Uncle. The host/hostess. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Rennes' Chairman disagrees with me, but my 3 examples so far challenges his position:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Okay, Napoli has reported the wages officially-- As i previously posted, its euros 5m after taxes PLUS bonuses
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FOURTH EVIDENCE -

Man City spend 45m Euros (41m pounds) on Ake, a player who has been relegated.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

City is crazy
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:City is crazy
They said the market will collapse. 4 examples so far and the market is blowing up.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FIFTH EVIDENCE -

NAPOLI spends 81 million Euros (74m Pounds) on Osimhen, a player who scored 13 league goals last season. Making him the most expensive African footballer in the history of football + Napoli's record signing.
Last edited by danfo driver on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:105 milla would be a monumental money miss road move. Victor is full of potential but I think he’s worth a max of 60 milla USDs
Good morning, Uncle. Napoli said "fa fa fa fowl!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm De Laurentis, seems you didnt get the "Covid-related memo" o!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That bobo won't let you go for peanuts
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:That bobo won't let you go for peanuts
But they said because of Covid, clubs will have to sell at a loss.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:That bobo won't let you go for peanuts
But they said because of Covid, clubs will have to sell at a loss.
Don't mind them, the money in football is crazy
SuperEagles