Is Adelakun a more dangerous "Emeka Ezeala?"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is Adelakun a more dangerous "Emeka Ezeala?"

Post by danfo driver »

https://guardian.ng/sport/adelakun-expl ... l-players/

Adelakun explains why Rohr ignores NPFL players

Super Eagles Chief Scout, Tunde Adelakun, has revealed that the Nigeria Professional Football League players (NPFL) are not considered when the senior national team coaches invite players to camp because there is no means to assess their performance regularly online.

He said as one of the Super Eagles assistant coaches, it was difficult for him to monitor players in Nigerian league from his base in the United Kingdom because the games do not have visuals online that his team could critically study before recommending players to Rohr.

He noted that his job, which also includes sourcing for credible talented footballers of Nigerian heritage around the world, has yielded fruits in the past four years he has been working with Rohr.

He disclosed that he has 400 players on his data that are ready to play for the Super Eagles in the nearest future and assured Nigerians that he would always give his best to help develop Nigerian football at all levels.

“Scouting for players overseas is easy for me because there is a special software device I use to track Nigerian foreign-based players’ performance online.

“Any Nigerian player that is doing fine in Europe, if I get his contact and data, I use the device to watch his clips and study his performance. After this process, if I am satisfied, I will recommend to Rohr and he will also assess the player before taking the step to approach the player in his base.

"I have tapes and recordings of so many Nigerian players doing well abroad. But the NPFL is a different mater. The league matches are not online, so it is not easy to use the software to watch a particular player’s performance.

“It is not that there are no good players in the Nigerian domestic league, but there needs to be a process to constantly monitor a player’s performance in his club,” he said.

Adelakun revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has started a process that would help home-based players to play for the national team, adding, “I have started talking to LMC chairman, Shehu Dikko to see how we can fashion out means to ensure the best NPFL players get to compete for shirts with their foreign-based counterparts in the senior national team if eventually, Rohr gets his contract back.

“Some of the players I have discovered over the years include Joe Aribo, Tyronne Ebuehi and others. I am ready to help raise Nigeria football to the highest level if given more opportunity.”
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is Adelakun a more dangerous "Emeka Ezeala?"

Post by danfo driver »

ANALYSIS OF THE GUARDIAN ARTICLE BY KUNLE SOLAJA.

https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/202 ... his-level/

The Guardian on Tuesday (April 28) published a story in which one of the backroom staff of Super Eagles’ coach, Gernot Rohr, Tunde Adelakun reportedly explained the exclusion of players of the domestic league from the national team.

From the report, one can easily deduce that the man solely determines who gets called up into the Nigerian Super Eagles. Yet, there are no evidences to show that he had any coaching background or had played football at any level to the point that he could be assigned the role of determining what the composition of an aspiring global brand should be.

According to the report, the domestic league players are excluded from the Super Eagles because the UK-based Adelakun has no means of assessing the players online.

The report further quoted Adelakun as saying that it was difficult for him to monitor players in Nigerian league from his base in the United Kingdom because the games do not have visuals online that could enable him to critically study them before recommending players to Rohr.

“Scouting for players overseas is easy for me because there is a special software device I use to track Nigerian foreign-based players’ performance online.

“Any Nigerian player that is doing fine in Europe, if I get his contact and data, I use the device to watch his clips and study his performance.

“After this process, if I am satisfied, I will recommend to Rohr and he will also assess the player before taking the step to approach the player in his base.”

Could this be true? If yes, invitation to the Super Eagles has now been reduced to the convenience of Adelakun, whom Gernot Rohr himself has admitted was influential to his getting the Super Eagles’ job in 2016.

Except the statements attributed to him are either recanted or rebutted, the inference is that the Super Eagles have become the personal estate of Adelakun.

How did we sink to this level? What then is the role of the technical committee of the NFF or its Technical Department that is headed by Bitrus Bewarang who since the days of Clemence Westerhof has been linked with the Super Eagles?

By Adelakun’s reckoning, Nigerians have to be born abroad or venture abroad to get his attention and thus have realistic chances of playing for the Super Eagles.

He ascribes himself as the alpha and omega of our collective brand. Should this be so? Little wonder, the Technical Committee of the NFF has long been made redundant while the Technical Department only exists in the minds of few people.

The creed then in the national team will be: ‘Seek ye the attention of the sole administrator on technical matters, invitation to the Super Eagles shall then follow’.

From his personal blog, football was the last on the seven attributes he ascribed to his profile. He admitted never to have played football or getting any coaching training, yet he is Nigerian football lead brand’s scout!

In his personal blog visited as at 9.30pm on Wednesday 28 April 2020, he mentioned his involvement in the football industry as ranging from “football journalism to football marketing; football politics and lobbying to players’ welfare management, mentoring and coaching (at the highest levels of World Cup football).”

Very soon, lobbying to be included into the Super Eagles will soon be a lucrative business.

What exactly is the role of Tunde Adelakun in the NFF? He has been a recurring decimal since 2008 and was the one that suspected to have organized the aborted flight that was to ferry the Super Eagles from London to Johannesburg for the 2010 World Cup before the Federal Government saved the embarrassing situation and chattered another plane to convey the team.

Let someone save our Super Eagles!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:

The Guardian on Tuesday (April 28) published a story in which one of the backroom staff of Super Eagles’ coach, Gernot Rohr, Tunde Adelakun reportedly explained the exclusion of players of the domestic league from the national team.

From the report, one can easily deduce that the man solely determines who gets called up into the Nigerian Super Eagles. Yet, there are no evidences to show that he had any coaching background or had played football at any level to the point that he could be assigned the role of determining what the composition of an aspiring global brand should be.

According to the report, the domestic league players are excluded from the Super Eagles because the UK-based Adelakun has no means of assessing the players online.

The report further quoted Adelakun as saying that it was difficult for him to monitor players in Nigerian league from his base in the United Kingdom because the games do not have visuals online that could enable him to critically study them before recommending players to Rohr.

“Any Nigerian player that is doing fine in Europe, if I get his contact and data, I use the device to watch his clips and study his performance.

“After this process, if I am satisfied, I will recommend to Rohr and he will also assess the player before taking the step to approach the player in his base.”

Could this be true? If yes, invitation to the Super Eagles has now been reduced to the convenience of Adelakun, whom Gernot Rohr himself has admitted was influential to his getting the Super Eagles’ job in 2016.

Except the statements attributed to him are either recanted or rebutted, the inference is that the Super Eagles have become the personal estate of Adelakun.

How did we sink to this level? What then is the role of the technical committee of the NFF or its Technical Department that is headed by Bitrus Bewarang who since the days of Clemence Westerhof has been linked with the Super Eagles?

By Adelakun’s reckoning, Nigerians have to be born abroad or venture abroad to get his attention and thus have realistic chances of playing for the Super Eagles.

He ascribes himself as the alpha and omega of our collective brand. Should this be so? Little wonder, the Technical Committee of the NFF has long been made redundant while the Technical Department only exists in the minds of few people.

The creed then in the national team will be: ‘Seek ye the attention of the sole administrator on technical matters, invitation to the Super Eagles shall then follow’.

From his personal blog, football was the last on the seven attributes he ascribed to his profile. He admitted never to have played football or getting any coaching training, yet he is Nigerian football lead brand’s scout!

In his personal blog visited as at 9.30pm on Wednesday 28 April 2020, he mentioned his involvement in the football industry as ranging from “football journalism to football marketing; football politics and lobbying to players’ welfare management, mentoring and coaching (at the highest levels of World Cup football).”

Very soon, lobbying to be included into the Super Eagles will soon be a lucrative business.

What exactly is the role of Tunde Adelakun in the NFF? He has been a recurring decimal since 2008 and was the one that suspected to have organized the aborted flight that was to ferry the Super Eagles from London to Johannesburg for the 2010 World Cup before the Federal Government saved the embarrassing situation and chattered another plane to convey the team.

This Kunle Solaja either has an agenda or comprehension issues.
The writer said he passes on the information to Rohr, who then ASSESSES the player. So it's not a forgone conclusion that the player would be invited to the SE!
I am happy
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The writer said he passes on the information to Rohr, who then ASSESSES the player. So it's not a forgone conclusion that the player would be invited to the SE!
Thank you.

I thought I was missing the part where Adelakun determined who was invited and who played. He is stating a fact: The NPL and Nigerian-based players are hard to scout and while that's a point worth making, I find the excuse that the NPL is hard to watch a pathetic one. If Adelakun and Rohr are serious about their jobs, going to the stadium to watch matches regularly in the NPL would be the bare minimum. The rest of us go above and beyond to perform our jobs and I expect the same of the coach and the scout.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
ahidjo2
Egg
Egg

Post by ahidjo2 »

niyi wrote:
Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Thank you.

I thought I was missing the part where Adelakun determined who was invited and who played. He is stating a fact: The NPL and Nigerian-based players are hard to scout and while that's a point worth making, I find the excuse that the NPL is hard to watch a pathetic one. If Adelakun and Rohr are serious about their jobs, going to the stadium to watch matches regularly in the NPL would be the bare minimum. The rest of us go above and beyond to perform our jobs and I expect the same of the coach and the scout.
Again I ask, why should players of NPFL be scouted? For what purpose? To be included in the Super Eagles squad? I am still to get any reasonable answer.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

They should not drag Tunde (who works hand in hand with ex CE Pato) into their rubbish.

To my knowledge, Tunde hasn’t been tasked with NPFL. NFF technical committee needs to make provisions for a local chief scout (should honestly be the local assistant coach)and let Tunde continue to monitor the diaspora players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:They should not drag Tunde (who works hand in hand with ex CE Pato) into their rubbish.

To my knowledge, Tunde hasn’t been tasked with NPFL. NFF technical committee needs to make provisions for a local chief scout (should honestly be the local assistant coach)and let Tunde continue to monitor the diaspora players.
Are you saying that Adelakun is only hired for the sole purpose of concentrating on players who play oversees? In the Guardian article, it seems to suggest that he is the overall scout and the only reason he hasnt worked on the NPFL is because its difficult for him to scout there-- due to distance.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:They should not drag Tunde (who works hand in hand with ex CE Pato) into their rubbish.

Are you saying that Adelakun is only hired for the sole purpose of concentrating on players who play oversees? In the Guardian article, it seems to suggest that he is the overall scout and the only reason he hasnt worked on the NPFL is because its difficult for him to scout there-- due to distance.
If the Adelakun guy is the chief scout with a mandate to monitor eligible Nigerian players globally, I am not sure he'd be able to best do his job from Nigeria.

For starters, it'll cost a fortune travelling to visit/watch players of interest based in Europe from Nigeria.
Secondly, we all know the frustrations of internet in the country and I even suspect it is far more expensive yet less accessible and less reliable. Depending on how he works with his 'online player monitoring system', this might just not make sense.
Third, he is said to be the 'Chief Scout', suggesting there are other (possibly local) scouts responsible for scouring the local league.

So to me, the current set up makes more sense, especially as he is based in the UK.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote:

Can Kunle Solaja help us by listing the names of deserving players playing in the local league?

The NPFL hardly markets their players, as in, promote them.

It will be nice to say, why are the victorious Africa Nations Cup local team not have a single player on the squad. How about the WAFU conquering team? Oh, maybe the clubsides that are dominating the continent?

Let us at least give us a list of players we can monitor ourselves and badger the SE coaches to take a look at.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

If the Adelakun guy is the chief scout with a mandate to monitor eligible Nigerian players globally, I am not sure he'd be able to best do his job from Nigeria.

For starters, it'll cost a fortune travelling to visit/watch players of interest based in Europe from Nigeria.
Secondly, we all know the frustrations of internet in the country and I even suspect it is far more expensive yet less accessible and less reliable. Depending on how he works with his 'online player monitoring system', this might just not make sense.
Third, he is said to be the 'Chief Scout', suggesting there are other (possibly local) scouts responsible for scouring the local league.

So to me, the current set up makes more sense, especially as he is based in the UK.
The article seems to suggest he is based oversees. If he is global chief scout, I think he can get an assistant to scout the NPFL in person when he is unable to and arrange for a video scout to analyze games of players who his assistant has 'flagged.'

I recognize that my comments above doesnt take into consideration the fact that **** is begging for his salary, so how will Adelakun be able to pay for an assistant.

The deeper issues which the article (more of the second one) seems to debate is whether:

(1) Adelakun is benefiting financially by his concentration on foreign born Nigerians; and
(2) Nigerian born footballers are now forced to become second-class citizens in their own National team, due to Adelakun's failure to/inability to/disinterest in scouting the NPFL.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Dr., defend your UK guy as much as you want, but remove this internet excuse before I unleash BigPunkey to pour all his anti UK yabs on you.

Internet has not been an issue for me in over a decade of working partially or fully from Nigeria. Maybe power can affect access, but there should be at least 4 backups that can prevent that for any serious person. (Phone internet, the battery of the modem/internet device, your UPS/home inverter, and of course the Generator).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

truetalk wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Dr., defend your UK guy as much as you want, but remove this internet excuse before I unleash BigPunkey to pour all his anti UK yabs on you.

Internet has not been an issue for me in over a decade of working partially or fully from Nigeria. Maybe power can affect access, but there should be at least 4 backups that can prevent that for any serious person. (Phone internet, the battery of the modem/internet device, your UPS/home inverter, and of course the Generator).
If you say so.
That has not been my experience in my own ten years. But yes, to have a reliable and hitch-free work environment you've got to have your own elaborate integrated back-up system, including a 'critically thinking' rainmaker like Bigporkey to hold the rain. :P

Adelakun lives in the UK. I don't think he was posted there specifically to do the job. His location was probably one of the things that made him attractive for the role.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Adelakun lives in the UK. I don't think he was posted there specifically to do the job. His location was probably one of the things that made him attractive for the role.
Not correct. The reason he was hired by ***** was because he had a hand in the bringing **** to coach Nigeria. Thats why I compared him to Emeka Ezeala who was the boy-toy of Berti Vogts.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Am I missing something here?

Adelakun is one of Rohr's assistants, in this case for player scouting and is paid by the German. His focus, according to him atm is largely the euro-based players.

If we think that there is a gap in terms of NPFL players getting consideration, then the NFF should use one of the local coaches assisting Rohr. Isn't that what they are supposed to do in the first case, since they are typically in charge of the CHAN squad?

Much ado about nothing really...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

this is so silly.

We all know where the best Nigerian players play

We are at a stage where even players doing well in leagues like Italy,Holland, belgium, France are not even gauranteed to make SE team

and yet some people want us to look at Nigerian leagues ? For what I ask ?

We have the CHAN. The CHAN coach should be tasked with scouting local players for the CHAN team.

Young players of substantial talent in the Nigerian league are scooped up. Anybody over a certain age still playing in NPL shouldn't even be in the discussion.

the CHAN coach should recommend the top player in NPL to Rohr and assistants with really only problem positions, like Goalkeeper to even get any serious attention.

the CHAN team cannot even do well in their homebased competitions, yet some want to force those inferior players on us, when guys like Ejuke, Dennis, Maja cannot even get into the team.

God forbid. Enemies of progress yet again.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote: Adelakun lives in the UK. I don't think he was posted there specifically to do the job. His location was probably one of the things that made him attractive for the role.
Not correct. The reason he was hired by ***** was because he had a hand in the bringing **** to coach Nigeria. Thats why I compared him to Emeka Ezeala who was the boy-toy of Berti Vogts.
Your statement and mine are not mutually exclusive.
If he was based in Naija he wouldn't be best suited to scout internationally.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote:this is so silly.

We all know where the best Nigerian players play

We are at a stage where even players doing well in leagues like Italy,Holland, belgium, France are not even gauranteed to make SE team

and yet some people want us to look at Nigerian leagues ? For what I ask ?

We have the CHAN. The CHAN coach should be tasked with scouting local players for the CHAN team.

Young players of substantial talent in the Nigerian league are scooped up. Anybody over a certain age still playing in NPL shouldn't even be in the discussion.

the CHAN coach should recommend the top player in NPL to Rohr and assistants with really only problem positions, like Goalkeeper to even get any serious attention.

the CHAN team cannot even do well in their homebased competitions, yet some want to force those inferior players on us, when guys like Ejuke, Dennis, Maja cannot even get into the team.

God forbid. Enemies of progress yet again.
We know where all this is coming from.
An inability to put their love of the SE ahead of their personal dislike for Rohr.
So they couch it in a dubious 'patriotism', cry the crocodile tears on behalf of unidentified, substandard HB players and then have to hold themselves from celebrating too visibly with every forward step we make. :oops:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

danfo driver wrote:https://guardian.ng/sport/adelakun-expl ... l-players/
“It is not that there are no good players in the Nigerian domestic league, but there needs to be a process to constantly monitor a player’s performance in his club,” he said.
Feels good to be vindicated from these crew:
not a single one of our home based players is good enough to make the team
name the home based players that deserve to be invited to the SE on merit.
no player from the NPFL is ready for the SE except we practice affirmative action.
Rohr cannot be expected to invite them (home based) based on quota system.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:If you say so.
That has not been my experience in my own ten years. But yes, to have a reliable and hitch-free work environment you've got to have your own elaborate integrated back-up system, including a 'critically thinking' rainmaker like Bigporkey to hold the rain. :P

Adelakun lives in the UK. I don't think he was posted there specifically to do the job. His location was probably one of the things that made him attractive for the role.
And what were the other things that made him attractive? :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote:Can Kunle Solaja help us by listing the names of deserving players playing in the local league?

The NPFL hardly markets their players, as in, promote them.

It will be nice to say, why are the victorious Africa Nations Cup local team not have a single player on the squad. How about the WAFU conquering team? Oh, maybe the clubsides that are dominating the continent?

Let us at least give us a list of players we can monitor ourselves and badger the SE coaches to take a look at.
Exactly! Instead of scouting players in the Bulgarian league and the lower-tiers of European football...
They can join Euro-based players in the "victorious" AFCON team, who've won many cups in Europe. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote: Dr., defend your UK guy as much as you want, but remove this internet excuse before I unleash BigPunkey to pour all his anti UK yabs on you.

Abegi, leave them alone to chase shadows when they do not want to address substance... :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...effed-up people, effed-up FA.
How difficult is it to employ a local chief scout to monitor Nigerian based players?
Sorry to say, but the country and those in charge are truly fffukedup.