Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2338
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze



Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Iwobi
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


Last edited by chief nfachairman on Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2338
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:02 pm
Posts: 7798
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


OK. Point (or attempt at joke) noted.

There are 5,000 plus Nigerian doctors in the UK. Maybe 10,000 plus in America. Lots of other professionals and economic migrants. They send almost $20 Billion in remittances home.

Their kids deserve a fair chance at making the Eagles, and IF they seem to be developing faster because the kids at home are going through all the types of frustration that is now making thousands of young Nigerian professionals emigrate to Canada, we should be happy that we have 'Josephs' that can take care of us in times of famine.

I'll take it as a joke, since the transition from the kids from our junior teams to the SE is awesome. Nacho, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Etebo, Simon, Uzoho & Osimhen are examples in the current setup.

Since you're back in Nigeria, invest in youth sports to revive the rot (I am doing the same, BTW, but staying away from football).

Thank you. Hope you're keeping safe at this time.


Last edited by truetalk on Thu May 07, 2020 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9537
You guys complain too much. It's about who's good and who chooses to represent us.

The one I don't like is when we have to beg or when we wait till they get rejected. Based on current form, the reality is very different from your lineup. Chances are that Uzoho, Awaziem, Ndidi, Etebo, Ejuke, Chukwueze, Osimhen will be starting for the SE for a long time.

That said, we need an NFF chairman with a better attitude to youth and grassroots football. The current system is what you get when the foreign servitude of Pinnick and Adelakun combines with the corruption of our current age-grade coaches (Imama, Garba etc).

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 19172
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15773
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.


What pool? I assume you are referring to viable options, and not just some useless player with a Nigerian father.

Even at CB, Germany has Udokhai, Akpoguma and Torunarigha.

The word "talent" must be taken into consideration.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.


What pool? I assume you are referring to viable options, and not just some useless player with a Nigerian father.

Even at CB, Germany has Udokhai, Akpoguma and Torunarigha.

The word "talent" must be taken into consideration.
Agreed.
My point is about numbers.
You more than most should know there are hundreds of Nigerians playing up and down the UK leagues, only a tiny fraction of whom are even remotely being eyed.
That's all simply down to our historical ties and the sheer weight of numbers of Nigerians living here.
You cant compare that to anywhere else in Europe.
And that is what is and always has been reflected.

John Chidozie and Tunji Banjo were the first.
There was another guy who was a pharmacist - can't recall his name now.
Then came Okwaraji, I think from Germany.

Keshi was the first home-grown to emigrate, first to Ivory Coast then on to Europe.
He opened the gates and the trickle became the flood.

So nor be today.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 10124
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.


What pool? I assume you are referring to viable options, and not just some useless player with a Nigerian father.

Even at CB, Germany has Udokhai, Akpoguma and Torunarigha.

The word "talent" must be taken into consideration.
Agreed.
My point is about numbers.
You more than most should know there are hundreds of Nigerians playing up and down the UK leagues, only a tiny fraction of whom are even remotely being eyed.
That's all simply down to our historical ties and the sheer weight of numbers of Nigerians living here.
You cant compare that to anywhere else in Europe.
And that is what is and always has been reflected.

John Chidozie and Tunji Banjo were the first.
There was another guy who was a pharmacist - can't recall his name now.
Then came Okwaraji, I think from Germany.

Keshi was the first home-grown to emigrate, first to Ivory Coast then on to Europe.
He opened the gates and the trickle became the flood.

So nor be today.

Emeka Nwajiobi?

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:03 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
Dammy wrote:
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.


What pool? I assume you are referring to viable options, and not just some useless player with a Nigerian father.

Even at CB, Germany has Udokhai, Akpoguma and Torunarigha.

The word "talent" must be taken into consideration.
Agreed.
My point is about numbers.
You more than most should know there are hundreds of Nigerians playing up and down the UK leagues, only a tiny fraction of whom are even remotely being eyed.
That's all simply down to our historical ties and the sheer weight of numbers of Nigerians living here.
You cant compare that to anywhere else in Europe.
And that is what is and always has been reflected.

John Chidozie and Tunji Banjo were the first.
There was another guy who was a pharmacist - can't recall his name now.
Then came Okwaraji, I think from Germany.

Keshi was the first home-grown to emigrate, first to Ivory Coast then on to Europe.
He opened the gates and the trickle became the flood.

So nor be today.

Emeka Nwajiobi?
Thank you. That's him. :thumb:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emeka_Nwajiobi

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22903
Location: Ukwuani
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:

.. or for Ejaria to be on the field and on the bench at once?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 11:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
Odas wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:

.. or for Ejaria to be on the field and on the bench at once?
Chai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2338
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


OK. Point (or attempt at joke) noted.

There are 5,000 plus Nigerian doctors in the UK. Maybe 10,000 plus in America. Lots of other professionals and economic migrants. They send almost $20 Billion in remittances home.

Their kids deserve a fair chance at making the Eagles, and IF they seem to be developing faster because the kids at home are going through all the types of frustration that is now making thousands of young Nigerian professionals emigrate to Canada, we should be happy that we have 'Josephs' that can take care of us in times of famine.

I'll take it as a joke, since the transition from the kids from our junior teams to the SE is awesome. Nacho, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Etebo, Simon, Uzoho & Osimhen are examples in the current setup.

Since you're back in Nigeria, invest in youth sports to revive the rot (I am doing the same, BTW, but staying away from football).

Thank you. Hope you're keeping safe at this time.


We have 210m Nigerians. 200m in Nigeria and 10m outside Nigeria. At the ratet he SE is going, 80% of the team woudl be Nigerians in Diaspora.

If we don't check this trend, it's going to further kill the case for Home based players bcos the Foreign Born Vs Nigerian Born player debate woudl over shadow it. Infact, the U20 and 17 teams would be made up of foreign born players at this rate.

PLs remittance to Nigeria should not be used as an excuse. If you like, don't send money to your mother and father.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
chief nfachairman wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


OK. Point (or attempt at joke) noted.

There are 5,000 plus Nigerian doctors in the UK. Maybe 10,000 plus in America. Lots of other professionals and economic migrants. They send almost $20 Billion in remittances home.

Their kids deserve a fair chance at making the Eagles, and IF they seem to be developing faster because the kids at home are going through all the types of frustration that is now making thousands of young Nigerian professionals emigrate to Canada, we should be happy that we have 'Josephs' that can take care of us in times of famine.

I'll take it as a joke, since the transition from the kids from our junior teams to the SE is awesome. Nacho, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Etebo, Simon, Uzoho & Osimhen are examples in the current setup.

Since you're back in Nigeria, invest in youth sports to revive the rot (I am doing the same, BTW, but staying away from football).

Thank you. Hope you're keeping safe at this time.


We have 210m Nigerians. 200m in Nigeria and 10m outside Nigeria. At the ratet he SE is going, 80% of the team woudl be Nigerians in Diaspora.

If we don't check this trend, it's going to further kill the case for Home based players bcos the Foreign Born Vs Nigerian Born player debate woudl over shadow it. Infact, the U20 and 17 teams would be made up of foreign born players at this rate.

PLs remittance to Nigeria should not be used as an excuse. If you like, don't send money to your mother and father.

Most of our succesful SE teams have been foreign based or as soon as they are selected then they become foreign baded.

It is about the best, whether home based or abroad born, as long as they are Nigerians and passionate about the green and white.

Let the league improve if they are so worried about your sentiments coming to pass.

It is unacceptable to sacrifice quality to meet some sentiments of only using players from either home or foreign. It should be about the best players for the team.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
chief nfachairman wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


OK. Point (or attempt at joke) noted.

There are 5,000 plus Nigerian doctors in the UK. Maybe 10,000 plus in America. Lots of other professionals and economic migrants. They send almost $20 Billion in remittances home.

Their kids deserve a fair chance at making the Eagles, and IF they seem to be developing faster because the kids at home are going through all the types of frustration that is now making thousands of young Nigerian professionals emigrate to Canada, we should be happy that we have 'Josephs' that can take care of us in times of famine.

I'll take it as a joke, since the transition from the kids from our junior teams to the SE is awesome. Nacho, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Etebo, Simon, Uzoho & Osimhen are examples in the current setup.

Since you're back in Nigeria, invest in youth sports to revive the rot (I am doing the same, BTW, but staying away from football).

Thank you. Hope you're keeping safe at this time.


We have 210m Nigerians. 200m in Nigeria and 10m outside Nigeria. At the ratet he SE is going, 80% of the team woudl be Nigerians in Diaspora.

If we don't check this trend, it's going to further kill the case for Home based players bcos the Foreign Born Vs Nigerian Born player debate woudl over shadow it. Infact, the U20 and 17 teams would be made up of foreign born players at this rate.

PLs remittance to Nigeria should not be used as an excuse. If you like, don't send money to your mother and father.

Oh, by the way, we might have 210 Nigerians, we don't have 210m potential SE material in Nigeria.
Enough of the overdramatization :tic:

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2338
pajimoh wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
truetalk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Maduka

Aina
Troost
semi
Ehibuezi

Ejaria
Aribo
Eze


Iwobi
Dessers
Maja
Saka

Bench:
Billing
Seyi Ojo
Ademola Lookman
Ejaria
Ndidi


E be like say you dey find some people's trouble. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No way Ndidi would be on the bench.
That midfield has no steel without him.
What happened to Etebo?

Where is Osimhen?
Where is Chukwueze?
Nacho?
What is Maja doing there?

And when did FIFA change the rules to allow 12-man lineups? :shock: :shock: :shock:



At the rate we are going, the SE would be filled with only foreign born Nigerians.


OK. Point (or attempt at joke) noted.

There are 5,000 plus Nigerian doctors in the UK. Maybe 10,000 plus in America. Lots of other professionals and economic migrants. They send almost $20 Billion in remittances home.

Their kids deserve a fair chance at making the Eagles, and IF they seem to be developing faster because the kids at home are going through all the types of frustration that is now making thousands of young Nigerian professionals emigrate to Canada, we should be happy that we have 'Josephs' that can take care of us in times of famine.

I'll take it as a joke, since the transition from the kids from our junior teams to the SE is awesome. Nacho, Ndidi, Chukwueze, Etebo, Simon, Uzoho & Osimhen are examples in the current setup.

Since you're back in Nigeria, invest in youth sports to revive the rot (I am doing the same, BTW, but staying away from football).

Thank you. Hope you're keeping safe at this time.


We have 210m Nigerians. 200m in Nigeria and 10m outside Nigeria. At the ratet he SE is going, 80% of the team woudl be Nigerians in Diaspora.

If we don't check this trend, it's going to further kill the case for Home based players bcos the Foreign Born Vs Nigerian Born player debate woudl over shadow it. Infact, the U20 and 17 teams would be made up of foreign born players at this rate.

PLs remittance to Nigeria should not be used as an excuse. If you like, don't send money to your mother and father.

Most of our succesful SE teams have been foreign based or as soon as they are selected then they become foreign baded.

It is about the best, whether home based or abroad born, as long as they are Nigerians and passionate about the green and white.

Let the league improve if they are so worried about your sentiments coming to pass.

It is unacceptable to sacrifice quality to meet some sentiments of only using players from either home or foreign. It should be about the best players for the team.



We are evolving from homebase vs foreign base discuss to Home born VS Diaspora born. Thats the end of homebased discuss and players in our national teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:01 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
One would think what we are doing isn't part of a growing global trend.

Image

Image

When France won the World Cup, I wonder how many people were complaining that two thirds of their squad were playing for foreign clubs. Or that 100% i.e ALL of Croatia's players played abroad, or even that 17.4% of the Croatian squad were foreign-born - same as Nigeria.

I remember the noise that was made when Chelsea became the first EPL starting XI with no British player in sight. The press made a lot of noise about it, but the game's forces of nature soon took over and the loud complaints quickly became a whimper. :rotf:

Like someone said, many countries are recruiting 'mercenaries' by naturalising foreigners, but Nigeria that is inviting its own blood is the backward-thinking country. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 2:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 2338
Damunk wrote:
One would think what we are doing isn't part of a growing global trend.

Image

Image

When France won the World Cup, I wonder how many people were complaining that two thirds of their squad were playing for foreign clubs. Or that 100% i.e ALL of Croatia's players played abroad, or even that 17.4% of the Croatian squad were foreign-born - same as Nigeria.

I remember the noise that was made when Chelsea became the first EPL starting XI with no British player in sight. The press made a lot of noise about it, but the game's forces of nature soon took over and the loud complaints quickly became a whimper. :rotf:

Like someone said, many countries are recruiting 'mercenaries' by naturalising foreigners, but Nigeria that is inviting its own blood is the backward-thinking country. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Bro,
I am not referring to homebased and foreign based. The new trend in nigeria is now Nigerian born vs Diaspora born. 30/40% diaspora is good, but when it starts to becme 60/70% like a very bad case, Morroco (36m pop), then its outrightly taking the piss on Nigerians and those based in Nigeria. Whatever we do in this country, we need to balance it.

Again, on your list, most of the developed countrues are doing less than 15%. We expect tiny european countries to actually naturalize players but not a country of 200m with over 50% of the youths hoping to play football as a living one day but the biggest windows for them to showcase would be closed to them bcos of diaspora born players.

I like the current blend. Im a massive fan of Aribo and Aina. But lets do this with sense.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
chief nfachairman wrote:
Damunk wrote:
One would think what we are doing isn't part of a growing global trend.

Image

Image

When France won the World Cup, I wonder how many people were complaining that two thirds of their squad were playing for foreign clubs. Or that 100% i.e ALL of Croatia's players played abroad, or even that 17.4% of the Croatian squad were foreign-born - same as Nigeria.

I remember the noise that was made when Chelsea became the first EPL starting XI with no British player in sight. The press made a lot of noise about it, but the game's forces of nature soon took over and the loud complaints quickly became a whimper. :rotf:

Like someone said, many countries are recruiting 'mercenaries' by naturalising foreigners, but Nigeria that is inviting its own blood is the backward-thinking country. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Bro,
I am not referring to homebased and foreign based. The new trend in nigeria is now Nigerian born vs Diaspora born. 30/40% diaspora is good, but when it starts to becme 60/70% like a very bad case, Morroco (36m pop), then its outrightly taking the piss on Nigerians and those based in Nigeria. Whatever we do in this country, we need to balance it.

Again, on your list, most of the developed countrues are doing less than 15%. We expect tiny european countries to actually naturalize players but not a country of 200m with over 50% of the youths hoping to play football as a living one day but the biggest windows for them to showcase would be closed to them bcos of diaspora born players.

I like the current blend. Im a massive fan of Aribo and Aina. But lets do this with sense.
Chief, but what exactly do you suggest is the sensible thing to do right now?

Nigeria, despite what everyone appears to be saying, has got more than its fair share of returns from its youth teams. In and around the current SE we have a whole bunch of youth graduates performing for us and on the rise around the world.
I don't see what anybody can do in the short term to fast track local players into the SE without compromising our pedigree, which, by the way, Nigerians have no capacity to stomach once results go badly.

In the medium to long term the solution is not rocket science: "develop the local leagues; develop youth football". This can be done without ignoring Nigerian talent globally; and scouting Nigerian talent globally can be done without ignoring the locals. The two are not mutually exclusive and there is no need for a 'quota' system.

Its a case of 'may the best man win' and if there are better local men being kidnapped and locked in a closet away from scouting eyes, then somebody needs to cry out and let us all know who they are and where they are. We need them.

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 15773
Damunk wrote:
Chief, but what exactly do you suggest is the sensible thing to do right now?

Nigeria, despite what everyone appears to be saying, has got more than its fair share of returns from its youth teams. In and around the current SE we have a whole bunch of youth graduates performing for us and on the rise around the world.
I don't see what anybody can do in the short term to fast track local players into the SE without compromising our pedigree, which, by the way, Nigerians have no capacity to stomach once results go badly.

In the medium to long term the solution is not rocket science: "develop the local leagues; develop youth football". This can be done without ignoring Nigerian talent globally; and scouting Nigerian talent globally can be done without ignoring the locals. The two are not mutually exclusive and there is no need for a 'quota' system.

Its a case of 'may the best man win' and if there are better local men being kidnapped and locked in a closet away from scouting eyes, then somebody needs to cry out and let us all know who they are and where they are. We need them.


its quite simple! Dont tell Ejuke "Who can we drop for you," and then in the same breath tell Ejaria "Good morning Sir, we have opened a space for you!" What did Ejuke do to deserve this???! He plays in Div 1 and Ejaria plays in Div 2. The Eze they are begging plays in Div 2 as well. I can guarantee you that if Eze agrees to play for us today, they will find someone to drop for him. Same as they have found for Bilings.

Please, lets be honest and call a spade what it is.

I also see from my second highlight that you arent responding to NFA chair's point. The issue is NOT "LOCAL PLAYERS!" THE ISSUE IS THOSE WHO WERE BORN IN NIGERIA.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 42839
Location: UK
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Chief, but what exactly do you suggest is the sensible thing to do right now?

Nigeria, despite what everyone appears to be saying, has got more than its fair share of returns from its youth teams. In and around the current SE we have a whole bunch of youth graduates performing for us and on the rise around the world.
I don't see what anybody can do in the short term to fast track local players into the SE without compromising our pedigree, which, by the way, Nigerians have no capacity to stomach once results go badly.

In the medium to long term the solution is not rocket science: "develop the local leagues; develop youth football". This can be done without ignoring Nigerian talent globally; and scouting Nigerian talent globally can be done without ignoring the locals. The two are not mutually exclusive and there is no need for a 'quota' system.

Its a case of 'may the best man win' and if there are better local men being kidnapped and locked in a closet away from scouting eyes, then somebody needs to cry out and let us all know who they are and where they are. We need them.


its quite simple! Dont tell Ejuke "Who can we drop for you," and then in the same breath tell Ejaria "Good morning Sir, we have opened a space for you!" What did Ejuke do to deserve this???! He plays in Div 1 and Ejaria plays in Div 2. The Eze they are begging plays in Div 2 as well. I can guarantee you that if Eze agrees to play for us today, they will find someone to drop for him. Same as they have found for Bilings.

Please, lets be honest and call a spade what it is.
I also see from my second highlight that you arent responding to NFA chair's point. The issue is NOT "LOCAL PLAYERS!" THE ISSUE IS THOSE WHO WERE BORN IN NIGERIA.
Dude, the issue of players born in Nigeria was addressed in my first graphic and my comments beneath the charts in the same post... before NFA Chair even asked the question!
He didn't respond to that, did he?
But its okay! Nor be fight! :idea:

PS: Nobody said to Ejuke "who can we drop for you?", just like nobody said to Ejaria "Good morning Sir, we have opened a space for you!"
That's you playing to the gallery and making up your own context and/or scenarios.

That question re Ejuke was to a questioning journalist and was obviously rhetorical. The Ejaria scenario you have completely made up is based on the simple fact that his international FIFA switch has allegedly come through, making him eligible for a Nigeria call-up. Nothing more.

We can have this discussion without embellishing the facts. So you need to heed your own advice, stick with what we know and keep moving. :roll:

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 2:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:37 pm
Posts: 1544
Location: Canada
Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
NFF is obviously a loyal disciple of everything England. I suppose Boris Johnson will coach this Team.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are not going to find the pool of Nigerian talent in Germany or France or Belgium that you'll find in England, for obvious reasons.
Even within Nigeria, evidence suggests the largest pool of talent is in the south east.
What do you want to do about it? If anyone isn't happy they should stop complaining, look into the reasons and improve the quality of competition.

It is what it is.
Dumbing down to satisfy silly sentiment is not an option.


What pool? I assume you are referring to viable options, and not just some useless player with a Nigerian father.

Even at CB, Germany has Udokhai, Akpoguma and Torunarigha.

The word "talent" must be taken into consideration.
Agreed.
My point is about numbers.
You more than most should know there are hundreds of Nigerians playing up and down the UK leagues, only a tiny fraction of whom are even remotely being eyed.
That's all simply down to our historical ties and the sheer weight of numbers of Nigerians living here.
You cant compare that to anywhere else in Europe.
And that is what is and always has been reflected.

John Chidozie and Tunji Banjo were the first.
There was another guy who was a pharmacist - can't recall his name now.
Then came Okwaraji, I think from Germany.

Keshi was the first home-grown to emigrate, first to Ivory Coast then on to Europe.
He opened the gates and the trickle became the flood.

So nor be today.


Damunk,

Not to detract from a very interesting/important topic, but for sake of accuracy the Big Boos (RIP) was not the first homegrown player to emigrate, granted he truly opened the floodgate to Europe.

The late Thunder Balogun played for Peterbrough/Skegnes and QPR in the 50s and Quicksilver Sylvanus Okpala played in Portugal at least a couple of years in Europe before Keshi went to Lokeren in Belgium and he was a relative contemporary to Keshi.

I guess the circumstance of Keshi's move and being the Eagles Captain at the time, meant he was of a significantly higher profile that Okpala's move paled in relative comparison.

On a side note, I recall reading an interview with Peter Rufai talking about how him and Keshi went/were going to go for Trials with Spurs as far back as either 82 or 83.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], ogasir, zee and 41 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group